Hooker injury (edit)

If it's Milton, I put 8 in the box and make him beat me. I'll take my chances with him under center vs Hooker.
If that happens I say we throw deep every time it’s open until we start hitting them. A good way to get better at something is to practice.

Out receivers need more time to get down field so he can’t over throw them. Put the ball in the left hash after the kick off, roll Joe out to the right and have him throw it as far as he can. All you have to do is figure out how far to roll out before he throws it. It hard to keep the defense blocked for 6 or 7 seconds, the amount of time it take a receiver to run out of his range.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Is it me or does CJH get irritated when the reporters ask about the QB injuries? He's done it all year. Does he think the fan base doesn't want to know what's going on? He just seems weird about injuries.

I would assume that's his ankle?

The NFL has rules that coaches must comment on injured players (likley to due gambling, lol). Does the NCAA have similar rules? If so, when is Heupel required to comment?

No, and in fact, the NCAA has privacy rules that restrict what he can and cannot say.

It is completely opposite of the NFL, where players agreed to such disclosures under the collective bargaining agreement. This is an interesting issue to me, because the NFL approach seems more geared to Vegas than anywhere else.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Is it me or does CJH get irritated when the reporters ask about the QB injuries? He's done it all year. Does he think the fan base doesn't want to know what's going on? He just seems weird about injuries.
HIPPA. Without player-parent approval. he would be breaking the law.

Only thing I can figure on Milton is Heuple, being a QB coach and player, thought he could take him on as a project and be the one to fix him and get the benefits. No other reasons I can see for taking him.

Only thing I can figure on Milton is Heuple, being a QB coach and player, thought he could take him on as a project and be the one to fix him and get the benefits. No other reasons I can see for taking him.
Talent. He probably did look at film and believe that there were a few things to clean up and the rest would be a matter of the system.

My take on Milton is that they coach him up and he performs in practice but doesn't have "muscle memory" or whatever you want to call it. It doesn't, or at least hasn't, become second nature to him.

So you end up with a guy who looks great in practice and wins the position which makes you feel like a genius for taking him.... then it doesn't translate to games.

I don't dislike him. We would be crazy to not be excited about the potential he has physically. But the last 4 years should have taught us that some guys simply cannot translate All American practice play to game play. I'm not putting Milton in that box yet... but the warning signs are there.

To be fair to you Bandit, the KNS article regarding the injury might not have been written very clearly. That's a common KNS problem.

After Blake Toppemeyer showed his arse on Finebaum ranting about the Army game yesterday, I am sure your point is valid!

The third one
He has Peyronie's disease in his leg.

image-20160823-30252-2qvd27.png

Just checking…. As of now looking positive for him to play Sat?

It's widely reported that he is practicing and this is considered a good sign. Nothing definite though. Judging by the last two games, we won't know for sure until they warm up ~ 10 am CDT Saturday.

coach mullins... i got birmingham on the phone... they want to talk to you....

"yeah, I'm a little busy, what can I do for you?"

"what the hell's going on down there mullens, we gave you our guy in the booth and everything. No way we let you get run over like this after what you did to alabama."

"It's this freaque EVANS. Never saw him coming, they are just killing our run game, nothing we can do to even up the rushing yards at this point."

"The hell there ain't mullens! we are authorizing the *pink grapefruit*!"

"now come guys, they don't even do that to cows.... you sure you want to..."

"shut up mullens, you pink grapefruit that kid or we will send in "the cleaner", and you will pumping gas at the nearest flying rucking J ... you hear me!"

"yes sir."

"and then you run that running qb back at them
afterwards. do it!"

"we'll take care of the ejections."

Last edited:
It's widely reported that he is practicing and this is considered a good sign. Nothing definite though. Judging by the last two games, we won't know for sure until they warm up ~ 10 am CDT Saturday.

lol...so...what is this "pink grapefruit"? Or do I want to know.

VN Store

Back