Horns down????

This looks like a very familiar Tennessee Power T. We gave them Sam Houston and Davy Crockett with a few more Volunteers so they wouldn’t have to speak Spanish forever. We ain’t giving them our Power T. Go Vols!
28334605-2B88-464F-9BC5-E2D7E81FB273.jpeg

Reactions: tbh
You mean to tell me that a harmless joke among a religious school like BYU got Texas that bent out of shape.... Very thin skinned if you ask me. Plus,the fact that they got flat out outplayed the entire game.

Reactions: LadyVolette and tbh
Texas will be a cancer for the SEC mark my words
I'm intrigued to see how Texas reacts to not being the top dog in the conference. They have a serious entitlement issue and half the conference will have more clout than them. They may end up having success. But the hate they are going to get is going to be nothing like they've seen before.

If they complain about "horns down" in Neyland, our fan base with react like this...

1000004371.gif

And the SEC won't do squat to stop it.

Last edited:
I'm intrigued to see how Texas reacts to not being the top dog in the conference. They have a serious entitlement issue and half the conference will have more clout than them. They may end up having success. But the hate they are going to get is going to be nothing like they've seen before.

If they complain about "horns down" in Neyland, our fan base with react like this...

View attachment 615533

And the SEC won't do squat to stop it.
Yea they are in for a rude awakening I’m looking forward to when they visit Neyland I think in 2025. They are gonna be given hell next season for sure by everybody.

its really annoying when teams you don't even play are doing it.

Or like two big 12 teams not Texas again each other.. just weird man

plus all th merch goes back to Texas anyways

Better for them to stay offended than to let it be known they become offended when someone says that. I can imagine now that it is known Texas will see it everywhere in the SEC.

I wonder if this is a new sensitivity they have developed over the last 15 years? I lived there from 2000-2010 and don’t remember it being brought up as a topic by any of the many TAM, Tech, or OU fans that I knew. I certainly saw some TAM fans doing a horns down sign but I never remember a Texas fan saying anything about it.
aTm’s fight song says “saw varsity’s horns off”.

Last time I was in Austin there were about 6 tents under every overpass. Homeless everywhere. It is astonishing how Austin has gone downhill over the last decade.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
I really don't get it either. I tell my kids to never let someone know they get to you. It will only make it worse. So, it's ok for Texas fans to use the hook 'em horns symbol, but not ok to use the horns down? Get over yourselves.

Someone go ahead and rent a plane flyover at Neyland for our first matchup with a message “Horns Down”.

All those Big 12 schools should start saying “No Horns” if it is going to be outlawed in that conference. There are always loopholes 🤷‍♂️

They’ve said Austin is a weird place…
It is. They're (Texas U) no different than any other fan base. We hate the gumps & pick on poor Vandy, etc, and anyone else we play. They take pride in their team/mascot no different than we do with Smoky. As to the BYU T shirts, just spell out "BYU Sucks" and see what happens.

ROFL, yeah all those Longhorn fans are a bunch of liberals I'm sure.
In Austin yes, the bulk of the state is conservative and the rednecks are very similar to us hillbillies, if it's a fight you're looking for we can quickly give you one. So don't paint them all as liberals UT-Austin is mostly liberal though. There are several liberal colleges around and UT San Antonio (UTSA) is near the top of the list. Ugh! Pinko Commies! I have KY-TN in my veins but TN will always be my home state! Go VOLS!

VN Store

Back