Horns vs Tide

Ive been praying a long time for this but the internet world will finally see what insane fans really looks like. People laughed at Tennessee fans for their behavior but now that Bama has loss #1 the collective sh!t fit is about to take full form. With a couple more losses I would not be surpised if one of those crazy mouth breathers tries to stab Saban to death.

The world is about to see what a true crazy fan base looks like and i for one could not be happier to see them exposed.
Yikes!
Bama fans may be crazy, but dayim, I think you've reached a little far on this one.

They want him to retire but aren’t sure who could replace him. Many think that a lot of coaches would happily quit their current program to follow Saban

But here is a gem for you

Any fool dumb enough to take the job after Saban retires better get an ironclad upfront and a guaranteed muti-year buyout -- and stay the hell away from anything that looks even remotely like a morality clause violation.

Oh, and staircases. They'd best stay away from staircases too.

Any fool dumb enough to take the job after Saban retires better get an ironclad upfront and a guaranteed muti-year buyout -- and stay the hell away from anything that looks even remotely like a morality clause violation.

The gumps may be surprised how hard it will be to find a coach who will take the job. Saban fell in their lap. Prior to that their hiring of a coach was as bad a cluster **** as Tennessee.

Reactions: CSVol and WillisWG
Looked it up because ESPN had a misleading graphic up about it earlier.

Alabama last lost at home against LSU in 2019

The last time they lost more than one game at home in a season was in 2007

That graphic they showed earlier was confusing
Yea, evidently the graphic was home loss to a non conference team…

The gumps may be surprised how hard it will be to find a coach who will take the job. Saban fell in their lap. Prior to that their hiring of a coach was as bad a cluster **** as Tennessee.
I recall that transaction because I was living in Louisiana at the time.. Alabama had a big bag of money and lured him away from LSU, and man were they pissed 😂.. ‘it was all about the Benjamins, ole Nick was a mercenary yada, yada’ 😂 it had something to do with his control freak tendencies too… Alabama let him have TOTAL control

I recall that transaction because I was living in Louisiana at the time.. Alabama had a big bag of money and lured him away from LSU, and man were they pissed 😂.. ‘it was all about the Benjamins, ole Nick was a mercenary yada, yada’ 😂 it had something to do with his control freak tendencies too… Alabama let him have TOTAL control
Didn't he come from the Dolphins? I can't remember exactly. He left LSU in good enough shape for Les Miles to win a natty, and he's kind of a goober.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Didn't he come from the Dolphins? I can't remember exactly. He left LSU in good enough shape for Les Miles to win a natty, and he's kind of a goober.
Yes, he dabbled in the NFL for a couple of years then wanted to come back to college football.. LSU was attempting to woo him back…Alabama won out, and the bitterness began 😂 LSU ended up with the grass muncher, Les Miles.. those were entertaining years to live there lol.. they loved Les until they felt he had reached his ceiling and made bad in game decisions

Yes, he dabbled in the NFL for a couple of years then wanted to come back to college football.. LSU was attempting to woo him back…Alabama won out, and the bitterness began 😂
Spurrier had the same pathway. Tried NFL and couldn't handle it and came back to college ball. If you think about it, (and I'll admit this is a stretch even as I type), paying players in the NFL is "recruiting". In fact it's not uncommon for the players to make more money than the coaches. It's all above board - and you don't have to sit in a players living room to convince him to play for you. Saban and Spurrier didn't really thrive in that environment. I'm not being critical. Now, with NIL, it's a game changer. It's actually worse now, because there are no consistent rules on NIL. At least the NFL has salary caps, and when it comes to "NFL recruiting", (the draft), the worst teams get the best picks. Can you imagine how happy this would make Vanderbilt?

Two things at play here, the above paragraph, and the fact that Saban is getting old. I watched his presser after the Texas game. Coachspeak - not as bad as Butch, but the same kind of things. "We got tested, but it's a midterm and not the final"... "Coaches need to work harder, players need to work harder"... Sounds like every other coach that lost a game at this stage of the season.

In other words, the Tide has been reduced to a good football team, not a great football team. hey have been spoiled by a string of really good quarterbacks - Tua, Jones, and Young. They don't have that now at QB. Their DB's are getting burned by the deep ball still. OL was allowing a lot of penetration and many sacks.

They are still a good football team. It's going to be hard to come out of Tuscaloosa with a win. Their is a chink in the armor there and their fanbase knows it. I peeked at their message boards. Meltdown for sure, and the key takeaway - it's the earliest I've ever seen where they aren't talking about the championship game. Fanbase is giving the reality vibe that they are no longer special.

I'm glad we beat them with Bryce Young full speed. I'm glad one of our guys scored 5 touchdowns on them in a single game. I'm glad Heupel was the one that planted doubt in their heads and pretty much gave Sark a roadmap on how to beat Saban. Dissolving the divisions starting 2024 might be what retires Saban. I expect he's seriously considering moving on. If not, and they lose say 3 or more of the remaining games, their entitled fanbase meltdown will be enough to convince him to retire.

Do you even read? I literally said if he stayed off the sauce (i.e. he was a drunk) he’d be employed still. I also said PROGRAM, not one year team. He won 9 games in year one coming off the sanctions Kiffin inherited, he wasn’t a train-wreck. He’s an excellent X & O coach and always has been. He would’ve won at USC if he didn’t have the off-field issues, because he was holding his own while being drunk.
If you can’t grasp that showing up drunk to practice when you’re getting paid millions is a train wreck, you’re not capable of rational discussion. That’s the definition of train wreck.

And windy clifftop roads, and cars with gas tanks, and restaurants with restrooms…

Reactions: norrislakevol
Spurrier had the same pathway. Tried NFL and couldn't handle it and came back to college ball. If you think about it, (and I'll admit this is a stretch even as I type), paying players in the NFL is "recruiting". In fact it's not uncommon for the players to make more money than the coaches. It's all above board - and you don't have to sit in a players living room to convince him to play for you. Saban and Spurrier didn't really thrive in that environment. I'm not being critical. Now, with NIL, it's a game changer. It's actually worse now, because there are no consistent rules on NIL. At least the NFL has salary caps, and when it comes to "NFL recruiting", (the draft), the worst teams get the best picks. Can you imagine how happy this would make Vanderbilt?

Two things at play here, the above paragraph, and the fact that Saban is getting old. I watched his presser after the Texas game. Coachspeak - not as bad as Butch, but the same kind of things. "We got tested, but it's a midterm and not the final"... "Coaches need to work harder, players need to work harder"... Sounds like every other coach that lost a game at this stage of the season.

In other words, the Tide has been reduced to a good football team, not a great football team. hey have been spoiled by a string of really good quarterbacks - Tua, Jones, and Young. They don't have that now at QB. Their DB's are getting burned by the deep ball still. OL was allowing a lot of penetration and many sacks.

They are still a good football team. It's going to be hard to come out of Tuscaloosa with a win. Their is a chink in the armor there and their fanbase knows it. I peeked at their message boards. Meltdown for sure, and the key takeaway - it's the earliest I've ever seen where they aren't talking about the championship game. Fanbase is giving the reality vibe that they are no longer special.

I'm glad we beat them with Bryce Young full speed. I'm glad one of our guys scored 5 touchdowns on them in a single game. I'm glad Heupel was the one that planted doubt in their heads and pretty much gave Sark a roadmap on how to beat Saban. Dissolving the divisions starting 2024 might be what retires Saban. I expect he's seriously considering moving on. If not, and they lose say 3 or more of the remaining games, their entitled fanbase meltdown will be enough to convince him to retire.
I peeked at their message boards too 😂 guilty

If you can’t grasp that showing up drunk to practice when you’re getting paid millions is a train wreck, you’re not capable of rational discussion. That’s the definition of train wreck.
Dude you’re arguing a totally different point now. I said Saban wasn’t his mentor and he didn’t get the TX job only because of what Saban did for him. He was running a top 10 PROGRAM ALL-TIME, long before he met Saban. You argued he wasn’t over a top 10 team now you’re arguing he’s a train wreck cause he’s drunk when I acknowledged the reason he was fired was because he was a drunk. You tried to call me out that he wasn’t over a top 10 program then started arguing semantics and points nobody was disputing.

I peeked at their message boards too 😂 guilty
Ha. And are you enjoying it as much as I am? I have good friends that are Bama fans, and most are ok. But even with them, the entitled attitude prevails. Check this out:

1694350982644.png

and the replies...

Who do you want to replace Saban? Dabo or some of the other would be’s that fizzled out ?

I think he calls it after next season, at the latest.

Others would make themselves available. At least, I hope they would. I'm sure Kiffin would make the move from Ole Miss. This is the job he covets, anyway.

Mediocrity

I'll take Kiffin over anybody else currently out there.

Pathetic

We have some terrible fans in our fanbase.

2015 ole miss was a far worse loss than this. We are not what we are going to be. Let’s see how this team responds. Remember what his daughter said last year. “Be careful what you wish for”. I went to Bama during the Shula years so I hope Saban coaches clear into the 30s. It’s a 12 team playoff starting next year- we’re good.

He's the GOAT and this is how he's treated?

Not at all in favor of him stepping down. However, he is so slow to change somethings that are obviously flawed. The greater good of the program , and this particular team, outweighs his loyalty to any one player or coach. To me, Milroe and Roach were the problem last night. JMO.

This is the dumbest thread I've seen in a while, but I guess I'm not surprised. Sometimes I wish this board would just take a page from the NYSE and just shut down after catastrophic events.

Reactions: norrislakevol
Ha. And are you enjoying it as much as I am? I have good friends that are Bama fans, and most are ok. But even with them, the entitled attitude prevails. Check this out:

View attachment 577865

and the replies...

Who do you want to replace Saban? Dabo or some of the other would be’s that fizzled out ?

I think he calls it after next season, at the latest.

Others would make themselves available. At least, I hope they would. I'm sure Kiffin would make the move from Ole Miss. This is the job he covets, anyway.

Mediocrity

I'll take Kiffin over anybody else currently out there.

Pathetic

We have some terrible fans in our fanbase.

2015 ole miss was a far worse loss than this. We are not what we are going to be. Let’s see how this team responds. Remember what his daughter said last year. “Be careful what you wish for”. I went to Bama during the Shula years so I hope Saban coaches clear into the 30s. It’s a 12 team playoff starting next year- we’re good.

He's the GOAT and this is how he's treated?

Not at all in favor of him stepping down. However, he is so slow to change somethings that are obviously flawed. The greater good of the program , and this particular team, outweighs his loyalty to any one player or coach. To me, Milroe and Roach were the problem last night. JMO.

This is the dumbest thread I've seen in a while, but I guess I'm not surprised. Sometimes I wish this board would just take a page from the NYSE and just shut down after catastrophic events.
Wow .. lol Kiffin lol … apparently Kiffin is the heir apparent

Reactions: WillisWG
Bama and Saban is one of those situations where just the right man gets the right job at just the right time. Saban at any other school with a different culture and history probably has a very successful tenure; but never becomes the GOAT. Some things he gets away with wouldn’t fly at other programs

Everything revolves around Milroe for Alabama. Keep him in the pocket & you can shut them down. They still can’t cover the deep ball either.

Dude you’re arguing a totally different point now. I said Saban wasn’t his mentor and he didn’t get the TX job only because of what Saban did for him. He was running a top 10 PROGRAM ALL-TIME, long before he met Saban. You argued he wasn’t over a top 10 team now you’re arguing he’s a train wreck cause he’s drunk when I acknowledged the reason he was fired was because he was a drunk. You tried to call me out that he wasn’t over a top 10 program then started arguing semantics and points nobody was disputing.
We’re a top ten program all-time. Jeremy Pruitt was our coach longer than Sark was ‘SC’s coach - does that make him a great coach? Being hired by a top ten program means absolutely nothing. Mike Price was hired by a top two program.

VN Store

Back