How bad does UT (or you) want to win?

Hopefully we will make the 12 team playoff every year or at least one or two spots away from it

I’m not attacking the decision to fire Fulmer. I agreed with it at the time. The question was posted, with JF record, would Tennessee fire this guy & I posted they fired a guy with better record than Fisher had.

My bad

Reactions: wmcovol
Has it occurred to you that Tennessee was the only place he wanted to coach at? His roots were deep in Tennessee. Sometimes folks just won't leave so they find something else.

I don't think he had the opportunity.

First let me just state clearly I am in no way calling for any of our coaching staff to be fired before people start belly aching. With that said...

Jimbo Fisher just got fired with a 6-4 record and is owed 3x more money than any coach who has ever been fired $76M.

He has had 1 losing season (5-7)
Has an overall record of 45-25 (.643 win %)
Has beaten all of his division rivals at least once
Beat #10 Arkansas, #8 LSU, #6 LSU #4 Florida and #1 Bama
Won the Orange Bowl

That certainly got my attention and got me thinking.

So, would UT ever fire a coach that did that? Forget about how much money owed. Would UT feel so strongly about winning that they would let THAT coach go? I think being in the SEC with two new good teams coming into the league we are in a whole new world of compete-now and win-now.

I'll hang up and listen.
Tennessee never goes after top rated coaches. I don't know why but we seem to want to shop the discount isle when looking. That's why we had Dools, Butch and Beldar. It took us 20 years to find Heupel. If Bama can break open the strong box and get Sabin, then we could have done the same thing. It like buying your tools at Harbor Freight vs. getting Snap-on tools.

Reactions: GulfCoasterVol

VN Store

Back