How bout them vols basketball!

I'll be more impressed when our team stops losing to the likes of Arkansas and Missouri. We should be beating those teams, even on their home court, incompetent officiating notwithstanding. UT should be taking advantage of the fact that all the other SEC teams are beating up on each other this season, but for every step forward, we seem to take a step backward.

I'll also be pleased when RB brings in the occasional 5-star like Zion Williamson, which isn't that far-fetched a concept. The kid was also considering both South Carolina and Clemson before he finally opted for Dork. A big man like that could work wonders for our program right now.

1. Arkansas is one of the better SEC teams this year. Not a bad away loss.

2. We also are getting “beat up” by the rough SEC schedule.

3. Rick Barnes is after 5* Anfernee Simons.

4. Zion isnt a “big man”. He’s a 6’6 small forward.

5. This team was predicted 13th in the SEC. Will likely finish top 5.

1. Arkansas is one of the better SEC teams this year. Not a bad away loss.

2. We also are getting “beat up” by the rough SEC schedule.

3. Rick Barnes is after 5* Anfernee Simons.

4. Zion isnt a “big man”. He’s a 6’6 small forward.

5. This team was predicted 13th in the SEC. Will likely finish top 5.

The NCAA has a definitive guide for good/bad losses this year and Tennessee doesn’t have one. Anyone who says otherwise isn’t worth paying attention to

I'll be more impressed when our team stops losing to the likes of Arkansas and Missouri. We should be beating those teams, even on their home court, incompetent officiating notwithstanding. UT should be taking advantage of the fact that all the other SEC teams are beating up on each other this season, but for every step forward, we seem to take a step backward.

I'll also be pleased when RB brings in the occasional 5-star like Zion Williamson, which isn't that far-fetched a concept. The kid was also considering both South Carolina and Clemson before he finally opted for Dork. A big man like that could work wonders for our program right now.

First of all, our league is deep this year. If you fully expect us to beat every team on the road, then you might want to go watch another sport.

Second, Zion "considered" those schools but was never going there. Not sure what your point is because it doesn't matter who he considers.

We took a step back after a win?

The NCAA has a definitive guide for good/bad losses this year and Tennessee doesn’t have one. Anyone who says otherwise isn’t worth paying attention to

Sometimes when people say “bad loss” they aren’t talking about the definitive guide.

Hate to break it to you, but the Fulkerson of old was decent at best. He's never going to be anything but a good role player coming off the bench. With all due respect to Fulkerson, Walker's potential puts him into another league

Fulkerson is an energy player, who hustles, rebounds and gets put backs. Think Dennis Rodman, he will never average 20 points a game but he can be effective if he develops a 15 ft jumper and can continue to bring energy to the defensive end and the boards.

Reactions: 1 person
Unfortunately, Fulk needs experience and strength. He lacks coordination at tines as well. The problem is, Walker may be passing him up because he has shown an ability to finish around the rim, which Fulk has struggled lightly with. Walker also plays well enough defensively to make his offensive advantages more valuable.

Until Fulky gets over his fear of injury Walker should get most of the available minutes previous filled by Fulky.

Those 2 oafs on SC would have manhandled Fulk and I think Barnes knew that - the one that fouled out was getting away with every push and hack

Those 2 oafs on SC would have manhandled Fulk and I think Barnes knew that - the one that fouled out was getting away with every push and hack

Silva. I think he may have also been the one who got away with shove on schofield that knocked him yo the ground.

It's great to finally see us close out a game! Good job hitting free throws down the stretch and getting a huge win on the road. Lamonte has two gears HOT or ICY cold and tonight he had fire flowing from his hands.

Grant Williams is a beast as always! Love the fight in a rowdy crowd, I'd love to see colonial life in person. Name sucks but they are rowdy!

I never start threads but this is huge and I'm stoked! Oh, and glad Zion Williamson chose Duke cuz I wouldn't wanna see that guy in the SEC. I can see us winning the next four in a row and making a push for a great spot in the tourney!

GO BIG ORANGE!

Don't have the talent to be dominant but can beat any team on a given day. Great coaching, great style of play.

Fulkerson is an energy player, who hustles, rebounds and gets put backs. Think Dennis Rodman, he will never average 20 points a game but he can be effective if he develops a 15 ft jumper and can continue to bring energy to the defensive end and the boards.

I agree and have since last yr. I just question the hesitation when Fulk touches the ball so far this yr. He’s never been a jump shooting threat, but the hesitation this yr is concerning. And with Walker playing with more minutes and confidence than be has in any game so far, it’s possible Walker has passed him.

I was really happy about that win. Really nice win for us.

So I guess that’s where we differ, sure Texas A&M has some quality players on their team....but the importance of that game against them in TBA was on the same level as our game at Missouri, yet one is a really nice win at home and one is a really bad loss on the road?

Computers don’t take into account personals biases or vendettas against former coaches, I get you have your own book of what each team is but it just seems a little out of touch with reality and what matters. You can say a team is a crap team all you want, but if every metric says it’s a quality teams than just maybe your eye test is wrong?

So I guess that’s where we differ, sure Texas A&M has some quality players on their team....but the importance of that game against them in TBA was on the same level as our game at Missouri, yet one is a really nice win at home and one is a really bad loss on the road?

Computers don’t take into account personals biases or vendettas against former coaches, I get you have your own book of what each team is but it just seems a little out of touch with reality and what matters. You can say a team is a crap team all you want, but if every metric says it’s a quality teams than just maybe your eye test is wrong?

Why do we even have polls then? Why not just let the computers tell us who is good? Why stop there? We can just simulate all the games and everyone skip the season.

I’ve already pointed out why I don’t like the RPI and SOS. The Missouri game you could say I’m biased. That’s fine. I don’t care.

I don’t need a computer to tell me what is good and bad. And I adjust my way of thinking to line up with their criteria.

Why do we even have polls then? Why not just let the computers tell us who is good? Why stop there? We can just simulate all the games and everyone skip the season.

I’ve already pointed out why I don’t like the RPI and SOS. The Missouri game you could say I’m biased. That’s fine. I don’t care.

I don’t need a computer to tell me what is good and bad. And I adjust my way of thinking to line up with their criteria.

There’s a reason that the committee doesn’t use polls at all in the selection process but that they use RPI/KenPom/Sagarin/BPI, why do you think that is?

I’m not saying to adjust the way you think, but just maybe winning on the road isn’t easy in league play, regardless of opponent? Every single week there are examples of a ranked team losing on the road to an unranked team, there’s a legit reason for that.

There’s a reason that the committee doesn’t use polls at all in the selection process but that they use RPI/KenPom/Sagarin/BPI, why do you think that is?

I’m not saying to adjust the way you think, but just maybe winning on the road isn’t easy in league play, regardless of opponent? Every single week there are examples of a ranked team losing on the road to an unranked team, there’s a legit reason for that.

The committee also has to sort through 64 teams.

I have to worry about 1.

Was going to try and get tickets for the game @ rupp, but I’m not paying 53 dollars for the top row of upper arena. That’s a waste of money.

I doubt it...I think you'll simply find another reason to b****.

VN Store

Back