How good is the team Coach Caldwell will inherit?

She’ll pretty much need it. She’ll obviously be heavily reliant on the portal for the next 2-3 seasons. Hopefully she can get some quality undergrad transfers in, like Taliah Scott.

I wonder if any of the SC girls are gonna hop in? I wonder what someone like Kitts is thinking knowing that Edwards is coming in.

Fast paced offense with a pressure D. This current team was built for a half court offense with not a lot of speed needed. Not sure current roster has enough speed to play this style without some portal help. And you know some players will transfer that know they won't fit. Not saying a major overhaul but expect some.

Fast paced offense with a pressure D. This current team was built for a half court offense with not a lot of speed needed. Not sure current roster has enough speed to play this style without some portal help. And you know some players will transfer that know they won't fit. Not saying a major overhaul but expect some.
I think the words major overhaul is accurate. We have some players who can shoot the three but are not quick enough to press. We have some players who are quick enough to press but can’t shoot threes.

Your question is a good one and we really don't have a clue.

When Jewell committed to return, Kellie was still HC. I believe JS would be free to enter the portal with a new coach.

I think keeping Jewell, Cooper, Puckett, Boyd, and Hollingshead (an injury limited season but she has a huge upside) seem essential. Wells, Wynn, and T. Darby might not be as "essential" but they would be important assets to have on the team as well.

But even with the best case scenario of no transfers, this roster desperately needs a quality PG, post and another offensive threat at minimum. Rickea papered over a lot of cracks last season. They will all be showing next year.

Last edited:
Your answer is a good one and we really don't have a clue.

When Jewell committed to return, Kellie was still HC. I believe JS would be free to enter the portal with a new coach.

I think keeping Jewell, Cooper, Puckett, Boyd, and Hollingshead (an injury limited season but she has a huge upside) seem essential. Wells, Wynn, and T. Darby might not be as "essential" but they would be important assets to have on the team as well.

But even with the best case scenario of no transfers, this roster desperately needs a quality PG, post and another offensive threat at minimum. Rickea papered over a lot of cracks last season. They will all be showing next year.
And it’s kind of up in the air also on Wells coming off that ACL.

I bet she was scouting the portal hard at Marshall and has a line on potential transfers. Also she would know players from Sunbelt that could be a fit as transfers. If this is a quick rebuild I will be shocked but with a young, talented, aggressive coach you never know.

I think the words major overhaul is accurate. We have some players who can shoot the three but are not quick enough to press. We have some players who are quick enough to press but can’t shoot threes.

Overhauls are typical for a coaching change. The Ws will come when she gets the players to fit her system. We be good.

Team gonna run a bunch of suicides.

VN Store

Back