How often has Florida actually beaten us

PhoenixAZVol

Vs. us beating ourselves? Just curious. How many times had Florida flat out beaten us after a hard fought game vs. Tenn simply handing the game to them in a silver platter (ie. 2 Hail Marys, a ga-zillion turnovers, having complete mental breakdowns, etc). I don’t want to go backwards but I think the reason most of us hate Florida so much is that we know in our hearts we should have won a lot more games (some easily) but it’s the same ole story every year. I’ll give them the Tebow years- they were much better than us. Perhaps you could also say this was true in the 90s but I think we actually self destructed more than Florida fat out beat us. How many times has Florida lost due to them doing something stupid or having a mental lapse? I can only think of maybe one- 98 when they missed an easy FG and fumbled in the red zone. Otherwise it always seems to be us doing something stupid that makes it much easier for them to win than it should be? The all time series I thing is 28-20 Florida but we all know it really should be a lot closer to even. I don’t even hate bama as much because I know they are much better than us and we have no chance of winning. Different for Florida because there have been so many years they have been very beatable and we continue to ‘give’ them the game. Sorry for the novel here, just having a bi polar moment here after seeing all the hope posters seem to have this year.

We beat ourselves most times, I get it. It will probably happen Saturday. But if it doesn't, it will be glorious!!!!!

2014, 2015, 2017 should of easily been Ws. We all know this but they weren't. Is what it is. Get a W here and the last 4 games are straight 2-2 and it's a legit rivalry again
Tennessee 2017 team was hot garbage

Yeah but they shoulda of won the UF game still. Outplayed them.
Disagree. We didnt start playing until the 4th quarter and even then it took a miracle just to tie it. We would have lost in OT anyway.

The reason for the 19-23 record is very simple, Florida ususllay has better talent than does Tennessee, just as Tennesssee usually has better talent than Kentucky.........very simple, but hard to over come the talent differential

Reactions: savannahfan
Vs. us beating ourselves? Just curious. How many times had Florida flat out beaten us after a hard fought game vs. Tenn simply handing the game to them in a silver platter (ie. 2 Hail Marys, a ga-zillion turnovers, having complete mental breakdowns, etc). I don’t want to go backwards but I think the reason most of us hate Florida so much is that we know in our hearts we should have won a lot more games (some easily) but it’s the same ole story every year. I’ll give them the Tebow years- they were much better than us. Perhaps you could also say this was true in the 90s but I think we actually self destructed more than Florida fat out beat us. How many times has Florida lost due to them doing something stupid or having a mental lapse? I can only think of maybe one- 98 when they missed an easy FG and fumbled in the red zone. Otherwise it always seems to be us doing something stupid that makes it much easier for them to win than it should be? The all time series I thing is 28-20 Florida but we all know it really should be a lot closer to even. I don’t even hate bama as much because I know they are much better than us and we have no chance of winning. Different for Florida because there have been so many years they have been very beatable and we continue to ‘give’ them the game. Sorry for the novel here, just having a bi polar moment here after seeing all the hope posters seem to have this year.

Sorry, it translates as Fla. beating us. Anyway you look at it, we lost to Fla. nearly any given year.

Whether we want to admit it, Florida has always owned us. Peyton never could beat them. If you looked at his stats vs Florida, then you think no way this guy was one of the best QB's to play the game. And who can forget Spurrier and his "you can't spell Citrus without UT" comments. I predict Florida plays their best game of the year again us. And JG will be creamed all afternoon.

Reactions: 05_never_again
It could get weird this year. With Mullen saying he's going to play two QB's, could be a lot of turnovers. I think it'll be a close game.

Look, FL has more talent most years, if you take away the Spurrier, Ron Zook, Urban Crier and the Muschamp years what have you got. Oh thats right, they still beat us. This is no longer a rivalry game to them. Most of my friends that pull for FL think GA, FL St and LSU are their rivals, we don't even rate anymore they have beaten us so many times. WE (TN) have to start winning these games. Even during the Fulmer years we still lost to FL with Peyton. I am sick of losing to FL.

Just Win Baby.

Look, FL has more talent most years, if you take away the Spurrier, Ron Zook, Urban Crier and the Muschamp years what have you got. Oh thats right, they still beat us. This is no longer a rivalry game to them. Most of my friends that pull for FL think GA, FL St and LSU are their rivals, we don't even rate anymore they have beaten us so many times. WE (TN) have to start winning these games. Even during the Fulmer years we still lost to FL with Peyton. I am sick of losing to FL.

Just Win Baby.

Welcome to Vol-alcoholic’s Bricks

VN Store

Back