How the bye week may hurt Florida

The bye week certainly helps, but how much? IDK.

Things don't look too rosy from the outside. The defense has had major, ridiculous breakdowns in two straight games, Driskel just had the worst game of his life (and that's saying something).

How much can you really fix in 2 weeks? Well... more than you can in one, but still...

That being said - UF only has 2 really legit problems - 1. Driskel sucks, 2. Missed assignments by the safeties.

Not much UF can do about #1, although I doubt he plays as bad against UT as he did against Alabama, but #2 is fixable, and a bye week is a perfect time to fix it. If UF is better in just that area, they have a decent shot of winning the game.

Reactions: 1 person
Congrats to those that did not misconstrue my post. I did not imply that the bye week will be a disadvantage to Florida. I simply offered my opinion on the slim chance that it may ultimately become one for the swamp lizards. Of course bye weeks, for the overwhelming majority, are advantageous.

The bye week certainly helps, but how much? IDK.

Things don't look too rosy from the outside. The defense has had major, ridiculous breakdowns in two straight games, Driskel just had the worst game of his life (and that's saying something).

How much can you really fix in 2 weeks? Well... more than you can in one, but still...

That being said - UF only has 2 really legit problems - 1. Driskel sucks, 2. Missed assignments by the safeties.

Not much UF can do about #1, although I doubt he plays as bad against UT as he did against Alabama, but #2 is fixable, and a bye week is a perfect time to fix it. If UF is better in just that area, they have a decent shot of winning the game.

They can do some things to fix JD, I think they will run him a lot more this week. BUT he HAS to hit some deep passes down the field. ( he is 2-23 of passes 15+ yards) that is sickening... But I think Roper runs a fast tempo this week and uses Jeffs legs to create plays. I also think Matt Jones will get a ton of carries. As for the Defense, he has moved a few guys around, (Gorman from safety) he wasn't getting lined up fast enough and that was creating problems for him rolling to where he was supposed to be.

I still say UF by 14+

Hear me out. Yes, bye weeks allow teams to regroup, recharge, and strategize before playing an opponent. However, Florida's bye week fell at an interesting time. Will, on the hot seat, is definitely a defensive minded coach so he will have some blitz packages and coverages ready to throw at UT. I believe there is a chance that the bye week actually causes Muschamp to overthink how he will attack UT. Am I the only one that is thinking this?

Florida's game plan is probably to take Worley out of the game via an injury. They would love to have Peterman in the game based on the results of last seasons Florida vs. Tennessee game.

Hear me out. Yes, bye weeks allow teams to regroup, recharge, and strategize before playing an opponent. However, Florida's bye week fell at an interesting time. Will, on the hot seat, is definitely a defensive minded coach so he will have some blitz packages and coverages ready to throw at UT. I believe there is a chance that the bye week actually causes Muschamp to overthink how he will attack UT. Am I the only one that is thinking this?

Well the bye week never seemed to help us in this series, but who knows. I think bye weeks can go either way.

Thanks for the laugh.

when Tn has a bye week , its good for Tn but if some other team has a bye week , its hurts them.

Kinduv like when we're the home team we have an advantage, but when anyone else is the home team, they have a disadvantage.............its VN logic brah

I would be concerned but Ky, and Bama showed how to beat UF and I'm sure our coaching staff has it well in hand.

We win by 7.... maybe more. These kids here now don't understand the mystic of UF and believe they can win. This game might even be ugly and we curb stomp them but I'm not counting on that.

BUT if we do spank them worse than Bama did, what does that say? I'll sit back and get flamed and listen to the response!

IMO the bye week helped a lot. They will throw every blitz Muschamp can come up with at us. I hope we have spent the week working on screens, hot passes to areas vacated by the blitzers, and maybe a shuffle pass to counter it. If Pearson is back, it will be difficult to pull off that strategy of blitzing early and often. Man coverage all day for fla would be asking a lot of the cbs when the defense looked so porous vs Bama. As for fla's offense, they will probably have several trick plays put in to catch a few big hitters on us. I would also try to have a game plan that would have a lot of short passes with driskel or his back up running more read options. Just try to keep the chains moving to keep our offense off the field. That plan will be very difficult also because they will be in Neyland. It will be very difficult to consistently have long drives in that kind of noise. The other thing that could be a strategy is to cheap shot Worley very early in the game to intentionally hurt him. If he goes down our hopes could go out the window. Oh well, that's what my HS coaching experience tells me to expect. Any others agree with this scenario of game plans.

Agree with all. If Worley goes down, Dobbs may have to burn a RS. No way Butch could put the rest of the season on "his name I can't mention". :cray::birgits_giggle:

GO VOLS!

LOL play Nate over Worley, Worley Sucks !!! Where'd all those post go? Im not sure I ever want to see Nate play. I would rather see Dobbs at LEAST you know he can handle a snap and run around to get a first down. With Nate you do have a LOT of options though: fumble the snap, get sacked, throw the ball away, intentional grounding, 3 and out.

Ummm...I can't imagine how having more time to get healthy and to study film and work on defensive strategies specifically geared towards putting pressure on our QB could help the Gators. ???

We have momentum and heart on our side...but the Gators are going to be ready. I think we pull it off but don't start burning things if the first half is slow.

VN Store

Back