How would a loss this Saturday affect the program?

I think it will cause us fans terrible turmoil. We are already in for another 6 or 7 win season if a miracle happens next season. A loss to Vanderbilt will make Pruitt look bad.
Disagree. This one game, win or lose, will mean absolutely nothing to the team and Pruitt’s fortunes going forward. The extra practices would be nice. Otherwise, it’s all meh. The next recruiting class coming in and another year of strength and conditioning are gonna impact and determine the success of the program, NOT a win or loss vs Pansy on Saturday.

Disagree. This one game, win or lose, will mean absolutely nothing to the team and Pruitt’s fortunes going forward. The extra practices would be nice. Otherwise, it’s all meh. The next recruiting class coming in and another year of strength and conditioning are gonna impact and determine the success of the program, NOT a win or loss vs Pansy on Saturday.

Spot on KB 👍

No recruit is going to pick/not pick us because of the Vandy game. Those relationships have set, and there is no secret we’re not where we need to be. So, outside of Vandy gaining a little more confidence in the series and enduring their (one) fan, no issues.

But lose this game in two years, panic.

Two major areas RECRUITING and FAN SUPPORT! I have been a fan for decades, and will continue to be a VFL but a lot of people in our fan base are tired of backing a decade old mediocre program with hard earned money and their time. The fan base is growing weary and I have heard this rumbling from a lot of people.

Some will flame away at what I said but the truth is fans will not back losers forever with time and MONEY! The administration better wake up fast!
If you decide to stop backing the VOLS because they are struggling, you were never a fan to start with. Am I ready for us to get back to being competitive? Way past it. I was a fan long before this mess started and will be a fan long after it is over. I don't care what sport it is or if we win or lose. I am a VFL! If your heart isn't in it leave. Bama can always use some more people on their band wagon.

It would not be that big of deal to the program. It will drive this unstable fan base off the deep end. There will be those that start the fire the staff crap. There will be those that think it will put us at the bottom of the SEC forever. Which isn't true by the way. A win is always better than a loss but 3 years from now it won't mean anything.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
The good vs last year
we have a chance for a Bowl and more practice
we beat 2 top 25 teams
we do not lead the nation in injuries for 2 years in a row
The same HC & staff for whole year
team has not cashed it in

The bad vs last year team
we could get knocked out of bowl again even with normal injury rate
we got beat by 26+ points five times worst in Vol history

The good outweighs the bad but still got a long ways to go but some progress, although slight. We are still 6th in SEC in recruiting so this will take a while unless we luck up and get a game changer like Dobbs at QB.

Whats wrong with being excited about a 7-5 record?
While I wouldn't be thrilled with a 7-5 record next year, it may be realistic considering the task the coaches face with the DL, LBs, and OL especially if Smith doesn't return. I think there will be more talent but very little experience on those units. I would be thrilled with 8-4 in 2019.

Except that it isn't reality. It won't change how the the team prepares for next season. It won't change how the coaches coach and recruit. It won't change who's on the schedule next year and the years to come. It changes nothing about the future except what volnation complains about all winter.
But wait. It does mean something. I remember after the Vols crushed Texas A&M in the Cotton Bowl at the end of the 2004 season. We also beat our top 3 rivals in the SEC that year. Fans couldn't wait till 2005 started with us preseason ranked top 5. Yeah, 2005 was an incr..edi....ble, Eh, never mind.

No KY, Vandy and SC have sucked for most of my life. I am sure they thought they were rebuilding at the time. The sport of football moves in cycles. Up and down.

If you decide to stop backing the VOLS because they are struggling, you were never a fan to start with. Am I ready for us to get back to being competitive? Way past it. I was a fan long before this mess started and will be a fan long after it is over. I don't care what sport it is or if we win or lose. I am a VFL! If your heart isn't in it leave. Bama can always use some more people on their band wagon.
Wow, another fan that likes to tell others how to think and lacks reading comprehension or likes to deliberately misrepresent views of other people. A real Vol fan tough guy! 😂

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
The way we lost to MO coupled with a loss to VU will destroy any hopes of finishing this recruiting class on a high note. We'll probably lose a couple of our higher rated current commits and finish well outide top 20. That's how I see the importance of this game.QUOTE]

More klikely than not. Meanwhile the sunshine pumpers, year after year, will continue to talk about how we are rebuilding and it will be a two to three year process. This has been the story for about the last fifteen years!

The hilarious thing about it is how people can be conditioned to accept failure all the time some unrealistic fans and the UT administration playing on the fans emotions to accept a lower tier program! We will be treated with a few pump up videos, propoganda from the administration, and false hopes from recruiting and continue to accept a failed product on the field.

I fell for this for about the last fifteen years, no more! Tired of talking, SHOW ME ON THE FIELD THEN I WILL BELIEVE! I wish Coach Pruitt the best of luck, will always be a fan of Tennessee football, despite the "advice" of the sunshine pumpers, but just plain sick of wasting time and money on a failed product. For the people who want to directly support failure, be my guest, as I respect your decesion. On the other hand, you should respect mine and quit telling people like me how to think! GO VOLS!

Last edited:
I think vandy is a much better team than us. It will not surprise me at all if vandy blows us out. I can only hope we will win.

Wow, another fan that likes to tell others how to think and lacks reading comprehension or likes to deliberately misrepresent views of other people. A real Vol fan tough guy! 😂
You were the one talking about not back a loser. If you weren't talking about the Vols who were you talking about? If you weren't talking about yourself then whom did you post that crap for? I was not trying to tell anyone how to think. Just reread your last sentence and tell me I miss understood. I don't think any reasonable person could take YOUR comment as a show of support for the Vols. Thanks for the compliment. You were right. I am a REAL Vol tough guy. SMH

You were the one talking about not back a loser. If you weren't talking about the Vols who were you talking about? If you weren't talking about yourself then whom did you post that crap for? I was not trying to tell anyone how to think. Just reread your last sentence and tell me I miss understood. I don't think any reasonable person could take YOUR comment as a show of support for the Vols. Thanks for the compliment. You were right. I am a REAL Vol tough guy. SMH
A person who lives in the "Vols Twilight Zone". Please be careful in that other dimension! 😂 GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back