Hyatt opts out of Orange bowl - headed to NFL

Got to go when your stock is at it's peak. You rose to the occasion in spectacular fashion. You provided more than your share of the greatest plays in Tennessee football history.
Good Luck Jalin!

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Definitely hurts, but happy for the young man. Many hours of hard work put in for him. I see this as opportunity for the next in line. Let's us get a glimpse of what we may have next year.

I haven't looked to see how many Clemson standouts have decided to bail but I don't like our chances. This won't be the team that beat Bama by any stretch.

Their best DL. I’m hoping the other one follows suit.

Since when has these individuals choices of opting out being called quitters because let me remind you my friends this is a business , yes college football is a business. Don’t want to here about pride, quitting on team blah, blah blah, Hyatt helped UT make millions of dollars , so now Hyatt gets to go make millions of dollars. Quitting on team what fricking bs. You that blind.

I haven't looked to see how many Clemson standouts have decided to bail but I don't like our chances. This won't be the team that beat Bama by any stretch.
I would’ve liked our chances more with Hooker at QB but this is a bad matchup especially with Milton starting. No Hyatt no Tillman, yea I’m afraid we gonna get rolled. How inspired will our team be too? And they should be fired up this is the biggest bowl game we have played in since the Fiesta bowl on Jan. 1, 2000

Big fan of Hyatt: I think he needs to get stronger to be effective--and stay healthy--in the NFL, but he just had a tremendous
season and I wish him much success going forward.

I did notice that one of ESPN's guys--McShay, maybe--had a mock draft and we didn't have a single guy in the first round. There were at least four QBs--Bama qb, OSU qb, Kentucky QB, Florida QB--but no Hooker and no Hyatt. Not buying all four of those guys ahead of Hooks.

Explain how he didn't quit on his team.

I'm not even saying it was a bad decision, he'll probably see no consequences from it. The only people it will affect negatively are his teammates, who he quit on.
Business decision is not quitting on your team, what the heck you think college football is and always has been , it’s a business.

People on here that say he’s quitting on his team is BS. If you had a opportunity to make millions of dollars vs tens to hundred thousands of dollars that’s a no brainer. That’s not quitting that’s being smart. If your willing to pay him nfl money to play in this irrelevant bowl then give him a call. Unless your in the playoff this is just a glorified scrimmage with a trophy at the end, this just allows younger players to step up and carry the torch.
Go Vols!!!! Beat Clemsons’ arsss.
It's called commitment and if it's nothing more than a glorified scrimmage then what's the point of playing? By your logic, there really is no reason for any of us to watch and every senior or underclassman that has the chance to play in the NFL should just opt-out and stay at home.

Bc they get to continue to sponsor him while he plays in the NFL
Seems like the bowls and networks are going to have to start ponying up NIL money if they want these kids to give a damn about playing their game. That really is the only logical step to insure the best athletes play.

I am proud of VN! I was expecting to see a ton of crap directed at him for opting out.
Congrats Hyatt! You will forever be a folk hero in these parts for that game against Alabama. I will tell my grandchildren about your performance against the gumps!!!

Reactions: GameTime

I know at least their best defensive lineman has opted out already.

Seems like the bowls and networks are going to have to start ponying up NIL money if they want these kids to give a damn about playing their game. That really is the only logical step to insure the best athletes play.
Want kids to keep playing then make the playoffs bigger. PERIOD. Kids have been opting out of these bowl games for a long long long time. They just used to tell the media that they were nursing a soreness. At least they are real about it now. Next man up.

I understand his decision and the others but something needs to be done to solidify this situation. Doesn't make sense to have these bowl games without the potential NFL players.

Of course it's a business decision.

He's making a business decision by doing... what exactly?

By quitting on his team.

In this case, quitting isn't a bad thing. When people declare for the draft early, they are "quitting on their team". When people leave their starter job for a better job, they are "quitting on their team." Same thing here. He's got a multi-million dollar lottery ticket in his hand, no point in dancing around by a bonfire with it before cashing it in.

It's called commitment and if it's nothing more than a glorified scrimmage then what's the point of playing? By your logic, there really is no reason for any of us to watch and every senior or underclassman that has the chance to play in the NFL should just opt-out and stay at home.
Cmon Nancy.... he has an opportunity to follow HIS dream. He absolutely should do that and he his filled his commitment to UT and his teammates. Scholarships are year by year basis. You can not fault a kid for taking his shot. There is no difference between Hyatt or Tillman. Hyatt has the benefit of being healthy and a full season of work. I say good luck to the young man and his family

VN Store

Back