I’m curious what sport will be winning us a national championship soon?

Since we're guessing, I'd say either softball or more than likely baseball. They've made huge strides in both sports,but I believe Vitello will bring a championship to Knoxville soon.

However,the sky's the limit and anything can happen with a number of sports.

Baseball soon maybe but the pitching is suspect this season.

Men’s tennis should be added to the list. Over the last four tournaments they have two final 16 appearances and two semifinals. Currently ranked 6th in the nation with final regular season match against #5 UK who is undefeated in conference play.

This isn’t easy for me but I’m going to try give an objective opinion. The only TN sport I know well is football, and I think TN football is in really good shape. I’m not predicting you’re about to win a natty, but I am saying it wouldn’t be terribly surprising if it happened before Nico leaves.

Obviously, this is if Nico develops as expected. I think he will be very good eventually in CJH’s offense. Two years ago proved what your offense is capable of with a very good QB, and I think it’s likely that Nico will lead a team with more talent than the 22 team before he leaves.

If the offense can get back to that level and have a stronger defense, TN will be very tough to beat. The last two seasons were really good seasons. And if Nico shines, it will be easier to attract top level transfers. Unfortunately it will also take money in most cases, but TN should be fine on that front I would think.

It’s unlikely that you catch up that quickly with the talent levels of Bama, GA, or Ohio State, but I don’t think you have to be all the way there to be competitive with them. It will be tough, but like I said, I wouldn’t be surprised. In truth I’d be a little sad, but not terribly surprised.😂

Reactions: VolNExile
I don't follow some sports but of the football and basketball squads I have this order of who gets first NATTY:

1. Kim Caldwell. She is gonna kill it here IMO. Total speculation right now. You don't have to trash me.
2. Football. Josh is getting it done but we still have a ways to go to reach Georgia.
3. Rick Barnes. I love Rick but I just don't think he will ever make a final four.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back