I believe we're gonna look back on this game

What a pity, I guess our 1998 National Championship meant nothing to you since that team never beat Florida two years in a row.
Florida has been trash for several years noW. And we still can't beat them. Tenn can beat the awful teams but the next "hump" is beating bad Florida teams. Even when they beat them n 2016 including beating Georgia and it appeared they were over a hump, turns out Dobbs was just a beast, because the next year they went back to being trash.

If the next hump isn't consistently beating a bad Florida program, IDK what is.

What enjoyment do you get out of reminding other UT fans that the team is struggling? It's seriously very confusing to watch supposed UT fans rub it in the face of others

Exactly! I don't get it! Just go root for another team! Right? Sick of it!

Reactions: MAD
There are positives and negatives to take away from that game… But getting a W on the road in a close one gives me at least a little more confidence in these types of games going forward… lest we forget how few years ago we could’ve turned this one off in the 2nd qtr and spared ourselves another couple hours of what could loosely be described as “football” …And this is a much better team than faced Pitt last year in Neyland. Week 2 and here they are 2-0… I’m willing to enjoy it/suspend reality for a couple more weeks. Proud of the team. Happy for the win!

I still think this is when we look back and realize we turned the corner! We went on the road and beat a top 25 team! We made a lot of mistakes which will be corrected because I have faith in our coaching staff! We will be fine! Enjoy the W! GBO!!!

Looking beyond great performances by Tillman and McCoy, Jalin Hyatt morphed into a possession WR tonight with 11 receptions for 73 yards.

3 good WRs are hard to defend. If our running game was better, we could have blown these guys out. We have a good running game, I just felt like we got away from it tonight.

Our defense surprised me, they was constantly hitting the qb, took the first guy out, hope he recovers , the back up comes in , we do the same with him and he plays on one leg.
Honestly our offense did struggle today, but we’ve seen what this team can do when they’re in sync.
This was really our first game, ball state was a joke.
We should be proud This team despite the mistakes pulled it out and got the W.

Last edited:
Our defense surprised me, they was constantly hitting the qb, took the first guy, hope he recovers , the back up comes in , we do the same with him and he plays on one leg.
Honestly our offense did struggle today, but we’ve seen what this team can do when they’re in sync.
This was really our first game, ball state was a joke.
We should be proud This team despite the mistakes pulled it out and got the W.

Pitt had three sacks, I felt like it was more. Our OL needs to learn from this one.

Looking beyond great performances by Tillman and McCoy, Jalin Hyatt morphed into a possession WR tonight with 11 receptions for 73 yards.

3 good WRs are hard to defend. If our running game was better, we could have blown these guys out. We have a good running game, I just felt like we got away from it tonight.
The running game was my biggest concern today. Hooker doesn't need to be carrying the ball that much. Our running game is awful. Don't know if it's an issue with the OL or our RBs are just subpar or maybe a combination of the two, but a Hooker injury would be a real blow. I'm hopeful that as the season goes along, one of our young backs will emerge. Specifically, I hope Sampson gets some quality reps agains Akron next week.

Pitt had three sacks, I felt like it was more. Our OL needs to learn from this one.
Definitely had some breakdowns, hooker scrambling forward and getting a yard or getting back to the line saved a few sacks I believe.
That dline is pretty solid so definitely need to learn from this one going forward. I seen several plays where small misread the blitz or stunt and didn’t block anybody instead stood behind an offensive linemen that was already blocking someone.

VN Store

Back