I do not get it!!!!

york.adamray

Can someone please explain to me why we never play press coverage? Why can we never defend the slant? Why do our DBs never turn and play the ball? Why do we always look uninspired?

The DC is concerned that the opposition will burn us in the backfield since we’re not fast enough back there to keep up. So they keep everything in front of them. I think that’s the thought anyway. For the turn and look for the ball bit, that’s been covered many many times on here.

We do play press coverage. It’s generally the plays where you see the other team in our end zone. Teams have figured out that our DB/LBs aren’t fast enough to cover sideline to sideline. That’s how FL smoked us. That’s how Mizzu smoked us, and it’s somewhat how UGA smoked us (but they didn’t even need to do it because they are 10x more talented).

Reactions: volfeeva
Press coverage is the best coverage when you’re good enough to pull it off. Unfortunately for us, however, it would just make scoring points easier for the opposing offense.

Banks is actually doing really well with what he has. Recruiting is part of the job too tho so at some point we need to see talent levels increase, particularly in the secondary. We’ve got safeties playing corner right now. Actually Georgia’s safeties are more athletic than our corners.

Reactions: Sarms58
Press coverage is the best coverage when you’re good enough to pull it off. Unfortunately for us, however, it would just make scoring points easier for the opposing offense.
Effective press coverage is hard to beat. But effective press coverage requires DBs with speed, quickness, strength, and vision - and a very strong pass rush. You can’t stay in press coverage for 6 or 7 seconds…

Can someone please explain to me why we never play press coverage? Why can we never defend the slant? Why do our DBs never turn and play the ball? Why do we always look uninspired?

I can give you my opinion...

I don't believe they are talented enough to play press coverage. they would not be able to stay with the WRs. I think the coaches know and understand that so they play zone in general. I saw a few times I thought they went to man and then saw WRs running wide open. I know they are open when in zone because they play soft, again due to talent.

There may be more talented younger players but they just don't have the experience to even line up correctly.

I can give you my opinion...

I don't believe they are talented enough to play press coverage. they would not be able to stay with the WRs. I think the coaches know and understand that so they play zone in general. I saw a few times I thought they went to man and then saw WRs running wide open. I know they are open when in zone because they play soft, again due to talent.

There may be more talented younger players but they just don't have the experience to even line up correctly.

if by week 11 they can’t line up correctly that’s a coaching issue.

Hell, we play 10 yards off of their receivers at the line and they still get behind us.
We can't defend the slant because we're not fast enough in man coverage, or because we're in zone and blow the assignment.
DBs not looking for the ball is 100% coaching.

The DC is concerned that the opposition will burn us in the backfield since we’re not fast enough back there to keep up. So they keep everything in front of them. I think that’s the thought anyway. For the turn and look for the ball bit, that’s been covered many many times on here.
Yep that’s how Steve Spurrier made his bones

It wouldn’t make any difference because we can’t tackle.

VN Store

Back