I got thrown out!

Congratulations on pissing your money away. That's your decision. Win or lose, I was disgusted the way our fans acted tonight. This was my 1st ever trip to Neyland. I was more disappointed in a lot of the "fans" than I was of the game. When recruits see fans leaving in mass exodus during a game, what kind of message does that send to them?
Who in the hell wants to sit and watch whatever the heck that was on the field ? I'd have left too..... that wasn't football..... it was an abortion

Reactions: tbh and Remy
That justifies him then. One of the greatest coaches of all time, throwing his headset occasionally, completely justifies Pruitt acting like a toddler on national TV.

Got it.

Something tells me you would of acted like a toddler too if you were in this situation.

Put yourself on national TV prime time in a rivarly game and see how you react knowing the fan base & news are gonna be brutal.

I go to the concession stands to get a drink and some food. I decided to hang out in the concourse against the wall and watch the tv's while I ate. This UT fan is up there as well yelling at the tv at the top of his lungs mocking the vols in general, just basically being a disturbance and making an ass of himself. He proceeds to carry on like this for a good 10 minutes. Another UT fan approaches him, gets in his face and calls him out and tells him to leave if he has such a problem with the team and the game. They go back and forth yelling at each other for a good 30 seconds but no punches were thrown(I figured this was some sort of miracle). They separated and he continues with his yelling at the tv. To make a long story short, the police eventually show up. I couldn't hear what was said, I'll assume they asked him to leave and he chose not to. They decide to arrest him and then proceed to ATTEMPT to cuff him. Clearly this wasn't the first time this guy had cuffs put on him and he wasn't having it this time either. A good 5 minutes later and they FINALLY had him on the ground and cuffed. Before it was all over a crowd had formed and cell phones were recording. Somewhere on the net tonight is that video. To top it off I'm walking towards the parking garage and stroll right past the paddywagon where they are actively arresting another UT fan and I glimpse inside to see 3 other UT fans already loaded up.

I go to the concession stands to get a drink and some food. I decided to hang out in the concourse against the wall and watch the tv's while I ate. This UT fan is up there as well yelling at the tv at the top of his lungs mocking the vols in general, just basically being a disturbance and making an ass of himself. He proceeds to carry on like this for a good 10 minutes. Another UT fan approaches him, gets in his face and calls him out and tells him to leave if he has such a problem with the team and the game. They go back and forth yelling at each other for a good 30 seconds but no punches were thrown(I figured this was some sort of miracle). They separated and he continues with his yelling at the tv. To make a long story short, the police eventually show up. I couldn't hear what was said, I'll assume they asked him to leave and he chose not to. They decide to arrest him and then proceed to ATTEMPT to cuff him. Clearly this wasn't the first time this guy had cuffs put on him and he wasn't having it this time either. A good 5 minutes later and they FINALLY had him on the ground and cuffed. Before it was all over a crowd had formed and cell phones were recording. Somewhere on the net tonight is that video. To top it off I'm walking towards the parking garage and stroll right past the paddywagon where they are actively arresting another UT fan and I glimpse inside to see 3 other UT fans already loaded up.

Too much butt chugging before the game

Reactions: McDad and TNfan#2
For the first time since I came back from the Army in 1971 I didn't go to the game, listen to it or watch it on TV because of the way they played last week I knew we were in for an ass kicking!!! I loaded up & went to the " River Place " across Clinch Mountain, eat a good supper, listened to some live music. Left the cell phone in the damn car; had 14 missed calls from people who thought that I had died because even if I'm in Neyland Stadium I'm communicating with my VOL friends on gameday !!! My son finally got me on the phone in the middle of the final scoreboard show & was relieved that I hadn't hanged myself !!! Good to know you're loved; at least for this year my Saturdays won't revolve around Tennessee Vol Football for the first time since 1964 !!! My heart can't take it !!!

Reactions: Blood Runs Orange
So that's not childish behavior?

K
Didn’t say that. But it’s a completely different scenario for CJP to do that on a sideline in a private-access (where he didn’t throw anything, either) than what OP did (in an open, public setting) where he could’ve hit someone with the bottle of water causing someone to get hurt, like maybe a kid. OP was wrong to do that, cops were right.

Oh, and you’re still wrong.

Reactions: illvol
So that's not childish behavior?

K
Got a little context last night as far as what he was reacting to. I won't elaborate other than to say I now understand and I'd have probably put my fist through the board.

Some won't like this but I actually liked seeing Pruitt kick the whiteboard.

That showed he cared, was pissed at the Teams effort and focus and showed his passion for the game.

I had hoped some of that passion and focus would rub off on the players but it seemed to me that most either just didn't care or were already beaten down and gave up.

Our Team could badly use some good old U S Marine Corps boot camp and butt kicking.

I know some of it was just bad luck too but it appears that losing has become a acceptable habit and that's really sad and almost impossible to cure.

Pruitt and staff have a tall order in front of them for the next several years.

VFL...GBO!!!

I walked out the entrance, threw my water bottle against the wall, and started down the ramp. The cops ran me down and kicked me out. WTH? I didn't say anything to anybody, didn't argue with the cop. Oh well, that was the 2nd quarter and I knew it was over. Didn't miss anything but a beatdown. Worst football team I have ever seen.

You threw a water bottle against the wall. That is why you got kicked out. Just in case you are wondering. :)

Reactions: dd4vols
Congratulations on pissing your money away. That's your decision. Win or lose, I was disgusted the way our fans acted tonight. This was my 1st ever trip to Neyland. I was more disappointed in a lot of the "fans" than I was of the game. When recruits see fans leaving in mass exodus during a game, what kind of message does that send to them?

If it upset any recruit its simply because their ride hadn't shown up and they could leave also.

They didn't throw you out, they protected you from watching anymore of whatever that was on the field.

Send them a "thank you" card.

I’d be more more worried about how our play on the field is effecting the recruits then fans leaving the stadium. Recruits aren’t stupid, they know fans are leaving because their is no reason the home team on the field deserves to be cheered. That was a failure of epic proportions from the Team, and that’s what controls recruiting more than anything. We need to recruit hot and heavy right now, that’s why the 98 team was brought in for
The anniversary. They were trying to help us get jump started in recruiting, but the play on the field nullified any good they may have accomplished.

How accurate was your bottle throw and did the wall catch it? How much time were you able to buy before being tackled by the guards? We need all the help we can get.

You must be fairly young. I saw much worse Friday night and will see exponentially worse next week. Once saw a 92 to 6 game. Worst?? SMH This is my seventh decade of UT football. Believe me, we've been worse.
This is a widely ignored and not believed fact.

That justifies him then. One of the greatest coaches of all time, throwing his headset occasionally, completely justifies Pruitt acting like a toddler on national TV.

Got it.
While it wasn't a good optic.... at least he has emotion and knows a **** show when he sees one..... now we're going to see if he has the wits and stones to correct it

VN Store

Back