I hope Rick Barnes realizes

What's funny is more people can spell Cuonzo's name in here now that he is a former coach than when he was our current coach. Lol

I hope Barnes realizes it's just another opponent. I don't get the infatuation with beating Cuonzo Martin.
Same here, Chris. I liked Zo during the biggest part of his tenure at UT. He's a good coach, and those hating him should at least admit this. My lone problem was his lackluster approach to firing up his boys, that is until the writing was on the wall and those fellas caught fire. Had he coached all along like he did at the NCAA's, then all those wanting Bruce back (including yours truly) wouldn't have had the opportunity to want him back in Knoxville. Zo would still be here. Still...I disdain losing, like the rest of us, and also like the rest of us, I particularly disdain losing to any former Tennessee coach.

How important this game vs Missouri is to many of us Vol fans. Frankly, I supported Martin all the way to the end despite lackluster efforts until the last month run in his last season. I didnt appreciate the way he left.

Barnes didn’t have his team ready vs Auburn (another important game for Vol fans). I hope he does better tomorrow c

I think Ut was ready against Auburn but Auburn was more athletic and better coached.

1. Fans weren’t talking bad about him really. They were just ready to move on.
2. He wanted to leave to restart his clock. Had nothing to do with Tennessee football.
3. Cuonzo Martin NEVER TOOK US OR ANYONE ELSE TO THE ELITE 8!!!!! Why do people keep saying that?!?!

To Point #1, he probably inferred from the 30,000 signatures on the BBB petition that he wasn't well-received at that point in time. A large faction of fans were indirectly talking bad about him by way of signing a petition that voiced support for someone else in his place.

To points #2 & #3, you are exactly right. Tennessee basketball has always been, and will always be #2 to football. That hurdle isn't unique to Do. He knew he had a turd of a team coming back and wanted to restart the clock. Same reason he left Cal.

Coach Martin insinuated to a columnist that maybe racism was a factor in his leaving. I resent that to my core. I do not believe UT fans look at color. I hope UT stomps Missouri tonight.

Reactions: 3 people
Coach Martin insinuated to a columnist that maybe racism was a factor in his leaving. I resent that to my core. I do not believe UT fans look at color. I hope UT stomps Missouri tonight.

That story has been debunked for years. UT fans need to drop it and cheer on the '17-18 Volunteers.

How important this game vs Missouri is to many of us Vol fans. Frankly, I supported Martin all the way to the end despite lackluster efforts until the last month run in his last season. I didnt appreciate the way he left.

Barnes didn’t have his team ready vs Auburn (another important game for Vol fans). I hope he does better tomorrow c

wow, you're right. i forgot to tell him in our weekly 'fans know best' meeting

VN Store

Back