I know some of you won't like this

This might be the most Ignorant, non-informed, most non educated post I have ever seen on this ridiculous website. We had a bye week. Naturally we are going to be toward the end of the pack in stats. And if the op would have bothered to look on the website he gave reference to he would see clear as day the reason we are ranked so bad at the present time. But, as usual he just another kid wanting attention and likes from this "fan" driven site.

:lol:

But I thought I would put this out there

You all wonder why some of us are down on Bajakian and the offense. I am aware that our Oline is young, but I was looking at the SEC team offense and prior to this past game, we were dead last(#14) in the SEC in total offense and #13 in scoring

We are 110th in total offense in the nation. 89th in passing. 105th in rushing

I'm just not feeling this offense

I will update this when the new stats come out Monday

The young offensive line is getting schooled and plays are being blown up that stop drives. This can't be denied.
Still, we were clicking on all cylinders in the 3rd possession 1st and 10 they call that delayed handoff which (Jones says is not an option) play. Dawgs were lined up on it we lost 6 yards, killed the drive and then they drove for a score shifting the momentum 100%. I can't even make a good guess why they keep running that play.

Until we get a real Qb our offense will suck. Worley is average at best and peterman is a disaster waiting to happen. And yes the o line is as bad as we have had in recent memory. If we are very very lucky we can get 6 wins. Maybe. More concerned about who is going to play Qb next year. A freshman?

You cant be serious . . . Worley is THE man.

He has personally led our offense and never once got down on the porous offensive line.

Reactions: 1 person
We all know our o line is this team's weakness yet I have not seen many quick passes to help those guys out. Teams consistently blitz us and we never audible out of it to a quick hitting play over the middle. THE MIDDLE IS WIDE OPEN! Also, we know that our receiving core is a strength. North is arguably our best receiver. Why not through a fade to him and let him go make the play. These are just some of my points of frustration, but I'm holding out faith for this OC.

Two things......

First. While the O-line still has a long way to go, they did look better than they did against OK.

Second. There were about 4 plays, that if you could change the outcome of any one of them.......we win. Best example.....Hurd's fumble in the endzone. Without it, we win 32-28.

Not saying it's his fault we lost, just using it as an example. This game was actually more like an SEC game of old than what a lot of you younger folks probably remember. 3 or 4 plays being the difference in a win and a loss. Go back and look at our championship year, I'm guessing you'd find that we were not necessarily the kings of the stats that year. We lucked into a few wins, because of 3 or 4 plays.

Stats will change on Monday

I expect to leap Vandy. They were only 23 yards of total offense ahead of us

Avg yards per game is at 91st and Vandy is at 124. Take into consideration Vandy has played Temple and UMass. Enough said.

It is seriously bad when we have gotten to the point of comparing ourselves to Vandy to see if we lead them in a statistical category.

I think their defense and Special Teams averages more points a game than their offense.

Last edited:
But I thought I would put this out there

You all wonder why some of us are down on Bajakian and the offense. I am aware that our Oline is young, but I was looking at the SEC team offense and prior to this past game, we were dead last(#14) in the SEC in total offense and #13 in scoring

We are 110th in total offense in the nation. 89th in passing. 105th in rushing

I'm just not feeling this offense

I will update this when the new stats come out Monday

Those stats don't mean jack.

Five of the top 10 ten in total offense is the likes of Georgia Southern, Toledo, Bowling Green, Colorado, and Buffalo.

Those five teams are at least 13 spots higher than Oregon, at least 37 spots higher than Oklahoma, and at least 46 spots higher than Auburn.

All five of those teams that I listed in the top 10 would be most likely be destroyed by Oregon, Oklahoma, or Auburn.

Also, yesterday, our offense scored 4 more points than Goergia's offense who is ranked 50 spots ahead of us in total offense.

I look at those stats after several sec games have been played and generally later in the season. You can't draw many conclusion on them this early.

I think we have really good plays, we just need our guys to execute. Worley needs to keep more reads. The line needs to block better, but scheme wise, I think we have good plays. We messed with their defense a lot yesterday.

Two things......

First. While the O-line still has a long way to go, they did look better than they did against OK.

Second. There were about 4 plays, that if you could change the outcome of any one of them.......we win. Best example.....Hurd's fumble in the endzone. Without it, we win 32-28.

Not saying it's his fault we lost, just using it as an example. This game was actually more like an SEC game of old than what a lot of you younger folks probably remember. 3 or 4 plays being the difference in a win and a loss. Go back and look at our championship year, I'm guessing you'd find that we were not necessarily the kings of the stats that year. We lucked into a few wins, because of 3 or 4 plays.

Clint Stoerner's fumble says hello. :hi:

good point.

Those stats don't mean jack.

Five of the top 10 ten in total offense is the likes of Georgia Southern, Toledo, Bowling Green, Colorado, and Buffalo.

Those five teams are at least 13 spots higher than Oregon, at least 37 spots higher than Oklahoma, and at least 46 spots higher than Auburn.

All five of those teams that I listed in the top 10 would be most likely be destroyed by Oregon, Oklahoma, or Auburn.

Also, yesterday, our offense scored 4 more points than Goergia's offense who is ranked 50 spots ahead of us in total offense.

I am pretty sure that if the Vols offense would have scored 4 more points than Georgia's offense yesterday that Vol Nation, myself included, would be a more happy and harmonious place today.

32 points against the #12 team at their place. Worley for nearly 300 yds passing. Hurd over 100 rushing. Solid tight end play. I would say the O is coming around.

I am pretty sure that if the Vols offense would have scored 4 more points than Georgia's offense yesterday that Vol Nation, myself included, would be a more happy and harmonious place today.

Our offense did out score their offense but unfortunately their defense also scored and ours did not.

We have better players than USCe...but,
Spurrier's staff doesn't call running plays when they're 3rd and long. Spuurier's staff game plans around there talent.
USCe would have put 50 on the brd with our talent....in Athens.

Please feel free to bend anything to fit your argument. We have better players than USCe? Sit down before you hurt yourself. Did you bring your headgear, don't want you to hit your head. They had their shot and barely put up more than us but they had one of the best returning olines in the sec. Those boys and coaches left everything in Athens and came up 3 PTS short of the biggest upset this season. When your playbook is limited by a struggling Oline and weak running game, it is what it is.

We had 400 plus yards vs a top ten team on the road…
Im not following you at all…

32 points against the #12 team at their place. Worley for nearly 300 yds passing. Hurd over 100 rushing. Solid tight end play. I would say the O is coming around.

I think of all the yards and TDs Bray, Cordarelle, Neal, an NFL O-line, Rivera, et al accumulated and scored.

And then I think about all the L's accumulated too.

Chaney never developed a real offensive identity while here. We certainly put up some stats though. And any flag football hero at UT could have put up stats with that offense too.

An offensive identity can dial up a yard against Vandy in crunch time. An offensive identity doesn't put the QB under center for the first time in five years to get the ball off the goal line. An offensive identity doesn't throw the ball from the 2 into 8-man coverage. An offensive identity can manufacture a first down when your defense is gassed and the 2nd string QB is in.

Bajakian is not passing the eye test to knowledgeable football fans. Right now, Hurd and Worley are making the Bajakian offense look a whole lot better than it is.

Meanwhile, the defense, which did pick up some speed, but really, is the same defense as last year minus experience on the D-line, does pass the eye test despite the GA rushing yards from Saturday.

I'm going with the Oline. That has to severely limit the plays you can call

It does, I keep telling people this but I don't care what plays you call, if you can't block up front it doesn't matter. If you can't open up holes for the run game you can't run the ball and if you can't run the ball you're forced to throw. If you're forced to throw the defense can key in on that, one dimensional offenses rarely succeed and unfortunately that's the situation we've been forced into because the O-line is greener than goose ****. Getting a new OC wouldn't change the problems the current offense faces and it would only hinder any potential growth as this team gains experience.

TL:DR Doesn;t really matter what plays you call if the O-line can't execute.

Again your numbers are who you really are. We are a 2-3 football team without an SEC win, sitting last in the SEC East. That's really who we are right now, not good. Will we get better? I'm not sure, I hope we do, our D is playing winning football Our special teams are playing well enough not to lose games for us which is better than our recent past But our offense, especially after today really lost ground, I lost a lot of respect for Worley today. Expected him to step up and be a winner, instead he had deer in the headlights look at home all day, not good, just played with zero confidence from the start to the finish.

VN Store

Back