October

14: South Carolina

21: at Alabama

28: at Kentucky

November

4: Southern Miss

11: at Missouri

18: LSU

25: Vanderbilt Anybody else feel like they can't win the east next year besides me? Curious...

Reactions: 2 people
It will come down to the new quarterback in my opinion. Alabama is going to be Alabama. LSU, Florida, and Georgia will be tough games too, but if we get good quarterback play, we can win those games. We could go 8-4, hut we could also still a game or two. We have to win the games we're supposed to though.

Reactions: 4 people
You could be right. Not sure why that's what you wanna be feeling on January 1 though.

Reactions: 18 people
so reverse psychology for next season...anti-hype train...no pressure...I like it...:)...and, as always...

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 5 people
The truth is, no one knows what to expect. Yes, we lose a lot of talent but we have a lot coming back. It depends on the attitude of the team and coaches. Who knows, it may gel next season.

Reactions: 12 people
I would tend to agree when you look at it on paper. But you never know. Team chemistry and discipline could improve, our new qb could prove to be special, Shoop could do a 180 with the defense and team 121 could exceed all expectations. Or could go the other way, you just never know. Already looking forward to spring practice.

Reactions: 5 people
If butchcwill let his coaches do their job and the coaches do their job I could see if winning 9 or 10 games.
I don't see it happening unless some changes are made in Knoxville

Reactions: 1 person
We all have next year down pat. Will or Won't.
For me, it's what happens between now and then.
Everyone gets well.
S&C really improves, (new coach?)
Coaching up depth really happens.
Defense players learn and embrace coach's system.
Players toe the line and we lose no one to grades or law or quitting or moving to another school.

If our D line comes back healthy and we can keep them healthy then we'll be able to stuff the run and put lots of pressure on the QB's.

I think Shoop will be all over our DB's and really push them to get better and learn how to turn their heads around and look for the ball.

Year 2 and healty players and I believe Shoop will open his playbook a lot more and have some schemes and stunts that will fool a lot of teams.

You can bet that Dobbs, DB, AK, JRM, Sutton and others are going to point their fingers at the younger guys and let them know most emphatically than NOW is their time to take control and Leadership to build and make Team 121 a special Team.

I think our O line will be better.

I'm not worried at all about our RB's.

Our TE's should be ok too.

We still have some excellent potential at WR even with Malone gone so they just need to gel with our starting QB.

Starting QB is the really HUGE question but the really good thing is that we have at least 2 or 3 that could become special and have the ability to get our passing game rolling and really open things up.

I have no clue at all who our starting QB will be but we have some solid reasons to believe we'll have a good footVol team if everyone returns healthy and can stay healthy.

I don't want too much, just for next season to be like the 1998 season and we totally stun the world!

New Years dream wish, LOL!

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 8 people
The truth is, no one knows what to expect. Yes, we lose a lot of talent but we have a lot coming back. It depends on the attitude of the team and coaches. Who knows, it may gel next season.

Completely agree. If this team comes out next season like we expected them to this year, 11-1, 10-2, or 9-3 is not out of the realm of reality. But if they can't put 4 qtrs together like the failed to do this most of this year, 4-8, 5-7, or 6-6 is also a realistic possibility. It all depends on the off-season and what changes occur. I want this team hungry next season. I want them to play with a chip on their shoulder.

I would tend to agree when you look at it on paper. But you never know. Team chemistry and discipline could improve, our new qb could prove to be special, Shoop could do a 180 with the defense and team 121 could exceed all expectations. Or could go the other way, you just never know. Already looking forward to spring practice.

Do I detect a little bit of positive thinking here KB?

Reactions: 2 people
Tennessee's 2017 football schedule:

September

4: Georgia Tech (Atlanta)

9: Indiana State

16: at Florida

23: UMass

30: Georgia

October

14: South Carolina

21: at Alabama

28: at Kentucky

November

4: Southern Miss

11: at Missouri

18: LSU

25: Vanderbilt Anybody else feel like they can't win the east next year besides me? Curious...

It's a good thing the players don't give a rip about what you or I predict.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm curious - who do you think is an automatic loss? I see potential wins for all home games, plus Kentucky, Missouri and Florida on the road. GT is a wild card because it is the first game and we'll have a new QB but still winnable.

Alabama is the only team I would put an L on at this time and that is just because of who they are.

Reactions: 1 person
Every game is winnable with the talent on the team. 4 toss ups and 8 should wins. QB play will be a key factor along with turnovers and injury.

Butch needs to be more aware of any poison players on the team and handle that in the off season. It's hard to say how the incoming players will adjust to our process, but the ones that are there now, either need to get all in or they need to move on, no need to tie up a scholarship with a player that's unhappy with bring on the team.

Finish strong on NSD, get a Co-OC/QB coach, spend the money on S&C, tell Shoop now that he's beaten Florida at Neyland this is the year to go "Swamp Stomping" and even tho bama will be bama, they will eventually lose a game and it might as well be to the Vols.

Vols are looking good for 2017!

Go Vols!

Tennessee's 2017 football schedule:

September

4: Georgia Tech (Atlanta) L. I don't think Tennessee plays well enough in space or tackles good enough to win like they should

9: Indiana State W

16: at Florida L I don't see a QB with virtually no experience going into Florida and winning.

23: UM W Another team Tennessee has no business playing

30: Georgia L they'll be better and loaded with talent

October

14: South Carolina L Until I see Butch beat him im calling it a loss

21: at Alabama L they'll reload and be the favorites again. Sark will look like gold

28: at Kentucky W closer than usual but he continues to win against Kentucky

November

4: Southern Miss W

11: at Missouri W

18: LSU L they'll still be filled with talent and have a heisman favorite at RB

25: Vanderbilt Toss Up

Anybody else feel like they can't win the east next year besides me? Curious...

No Tennessee won't win the east next year.
9-3 won't happen with a green QB neither will 8-4
It'll either be 7-5 at best or 6-6

Knowing Butch and how he never fails to drop one he shouldn't it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up at 5-7

VN Store

Back