I will always root for the SEC in bowl season.

No way I'll ever root for bama, not going to do it. Most young folks have no idea how much bama has cheated to establish their program and the NCAA and conference allowed it for the Almighty dollar.
Buck Fama!
Go Vols!
Agree 100%. Forget SEC SEC SEC… any loss by Bama is never as good as a Vol win…but ranked right behind a Vol W.

Never understand this mentality. I root against anyone in the sec that's not the Big Orange
If sec gets beat in bowl games, especially in the jan bowls, it can very well effect rankings for the playoffs in the future. Sec needs to win Bama needs to win tonight.

Reactions: Drewbydoo
If sec gets beat in bowl games, especially in the jan bowls, it can very well effect rankings for the playoffs in the future. Sec needs to win Bama needs to win tonight.
The sec will be fine regardless of the outcome tonight. Eff the gumps

Beyond stupid not to. Glad Georgia rolled Florida St. Hoping Alabama ends Michigan's Season. Good to see Missouri take care of business. Hope Texas beats Washington. Glad we destroyed Iowa.

Hoping your SEC rivals get beat in bowl season is like hoping you're ranked 13-17 instead of 12th in the CFP moving forward.

We are more likely to be a bubble team than anything else on a year to year basis with the type of schedule we have to play every year...we better hope the SEC stays strong and gets statement wins against other conferences when given the opportnuity...in most years...that (SOS/the SEC remaining the premier conference in college football) will be the difference in us making the playoffs or not.
Wrong. Those schools winning helps them recruit. You’re cheering for your rivals to get stronger, which is silly. We’re going to a 12-team playoff, so if you go 10-2, you’re in. A lot easier to go 10-2 when your opponents aren’t elite.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
The only time I ever pull for a rival is if it's a conference game we are not involved In that helps us in the rankings or gives us a chance to get to Atlanta if a certain team loses. Outside of that it is beyond stupid to pull for your rivals to win or do well. I've never understood hard-core Tennessee or other SEC fans say they hope the SEC wins.

I’m stupid so I don’t root for other SEC teams. Especially Alabama and Georgia. How has their stranglehold on college football benefited the Vols?

Beyond stupid not to. Glad Georgia rolled Florida St. Hoping Alabama ends Michigan's Season. Good to see Missouri take care of business. Hope Texas beats Washington. Glad we destroyed Iowa.

Hoping your SEC rivals get beat in bowl season is like hoping you're ranked 13-17 instead of 12th in the CFP moving forward.

We are more likely to be a bubble team than anything else on a year to year basis with the type of schedule we have to play every year...we better hope the SEC stays strong and gets statement wins against other conferences when given the opportnuity...in most years...that (SOS/the SEC remaining the premier conference in college football) will be the difference in us making the playoffs or not.
I used to think that way. But now the only thing I really care about is what makes things better for the Vols. I don't think other SEC teams winning helps UT recruit... and therefore win. For instance I like that UF lost creating turmoil since it may at some point result in a recruit or transfer landing at UT that helps the Vols win.

It helps the Vols for other SEC teams and ACC teams in the region to be in turmoil while UT is stable. Part of what helped UGA rise so quickly was the turmoil at UF and UT.

PS- if some (not necessarily all) other SEC teams get weaker then wouldn't that improve UT's chances of being much better than a "bubble" team?

Every bowl game I watched of an SEC team play and win, their fans were chanting S-E-C at the end of the game. They get it.

When we are 10-2 or 9-3 and are fighting with two other Big10 teams for that 12th spot we better hope there is some precedent set of SEC>B10.

If your rooting for the B10 to be the premier conference in college football and beat every SEC rival in a bowl...that is moronic.

Conference strength/SOS is absolutely HUGE when seeding teams in the CFP. So it matters and it matters a lot that other SEC teams do well against other conferences.

If it's all about Tennessee and only Tennessee then let's join the SunBelt and see how that works for us going forward.

Premiere conference, lol. What the BIG10 does is of no concern to us. Win the games we're suppoaed to and it doesn't matter. Clemson and FSU winning 3 Nattys between 2013 and 2018 didn't affect anything at all btw.

Every bowl game I watched of an SEC team play and win, their fans were chanting S-E-C at the end of the game. They get it.

When we are 10-2 or 9-3 and are fighting with two other Big10 teams for that 12th spot we better hope there is some precedent set of SEC>B10.

If your rooting for the B10 to be the premier conference in college football and beat every SEC rival in a bowl...that is moronic.

Conference strength/SOS is absolutely HUGE when seeding teams in the CFP. So it matters and it matters a lot that other SEC teams do well against other conferences.

If it's all about Tennessee and only Tennessee then let's join the SunBelt and see how that works for us going forward.
Well, I guess other SEC teams are just more enlightened than us 😂.. personally I cannot get past how they seemed to all take great enjoyment when we were at our low point in program history and they can all kiss my shapely derrière

VN Store

Back