I would like to see more Keller

He just looks more confident in general. JG has that deer in the headlights look nearly every time I see him. If I can notice it from the TV screen then i'm sure players can as well. And this isn't too surprising considering experience brings confidence and KC has 3 years more experience
He looks much more confident this year to me. He will continue to get better, he just needs to learn to make his reads faster.

He just looks more confident in general. JG has that deer in the headlights look nearly every time I see him. If I can notice it from the TV screen then i'm sure players can as well. And this isn't too surprising considering experience brings confidence and KC has 3 years more experience

First, that’s complete BS on your part, you’re making that ish up.

Secondly, if he has a “deer in the headlights look” that you’re magically able to discern while watching tv, as long as he continues to hit 71% of his passes, post an efficient 152 QB rating, and getting the ball out quickly and accurately, while not turning the ball over even once yet..... should any of us give a damn? I personally don’t believe we should.

No they don’t, not when you’re comparing individual players. Guess you’re one of those guys who rather have Trent Dilfer than Dan Marino too, eh, because Dilfer has a title and Marino doesn’t.
Yes. Marino was a whiner. Looking pleadingly at the sideline when the O line was struggling. No wonder he never won a Super Bowl. A vote of no confidence in the O Line (on many plays) does not win championships.

I want Tennessee to win and will root for whoever is on the field. ...Root for the Tennessee team rather than fan favorite individuals.

If you can see it through his face mask from a TV screen, then you’re determined to see it...so it’s predetermined. Can’t go with those conclusions.

Reactions: KBVol and BisonVol
Yes. Marino was a whiner. Looking pleadingly at the sideline when the O line was struggling. No wonder he never won a Super Bowl. A vote of no confidence in the O Line (on many plays) does not win championships.

I want Tennessee to win and will root for whoever is on the field. ...Root for the Tennessee team rather than fan favorite individuals.
But...YOUR favorite is Chryst...amirite? 😉

On Marino: Record setting QB who was the only reason his team MADE a Super Bowl, and as a Bears fan I credit him for pasting the only loss on a legendary team during a legendary season.

Reactions: KBVol and RavinDave
But...YOUR favorite is Chryst...amirite? 😉
Looking at film as folks came on board, I thought he had some peripheral vision problems with the interceptions at some school SDS?

The best film I saw was from the preferred walk on from Georgia whose dad played pro linebacker?

Whoever brings out the best in the other players to produce wins. Winning is the most important stat.

The question isn't KC. He is what he is and isn't likely to be a whole lot more. So either JG gets better by playing and being coached up or he doesn't and they have to go another route. if they pull the plug soon then it will probably be KC. If it is later in the season then it could be Shrout. The big question is whether or not JG can "get" the mental part.

"Pull the plug soon"? We're 1-1 which is exactly where we expected to be. He hasn't cost us any games. In fact, he's playing relatively well. Not fantastic, but very solid. He's clearly improved from last season. There's no reason to even consider "pulling the plug" right now. If he goes out there against Florida in a couple of weeks and turns the ball over several times and costs you the game, then maybe CJP will re-evaluate the QB situation. Until then, though, JG is the guy. End of story.

Reactions: KBVol
He under threw that one he hit. The guy slowed up several steps. He was just WIDE open. Good pass still.

He has looked good though. Its great to have a good backup. With our line he probably starts a game this year.
With our 0-line play, we are able to go 4 deep in starting qb's. Seeing starts.

JG is the better QB. That's why he beat Keller out in camp. The best QB in camp wins the starting job, period. It doesn't matter how good the backup looks in garbage time against a garbage team.

Reactions: Wolfeman_Vol
Have we figured out that people wanting to see Keller get some reps in aren’t trying to argue that he’s necessarily the better QB or hating on JG?

First, that’s complete BS on your part, you’re making that ish up.

Secondly, if he has a “deer in the headlights look” that you’re magically able to discern while watching tv, as long as he continues to hit 71% of his passes, post an efficient 152 QB rating, and getting the ball out quickly and accurately, while not turning the ball over even once yet..... should any of us give a damn? I personally don’t believe we should.
This x 100 . Deer in the headlights my arse , if anything he is hanging on to to the ball too long because he is trying to make the right / big play

VN Store

Back