If gruden says no I want

Justin Fuente seems like a very good coach went 10-4 in his first year at vt

NO! We do not want VT leftovers. Besides he is a mid tier coach just like Jones.
If he was competing in the SEC he would not be doing so good.
It takes a really good coach to win consistantly in our conference.

Turnovers are part of the game. Butch out coached Fuente and beat him straight up last year.

Not sure I 100% agree with this.. Fuente was breaking in a QB and whole new offense for the VaTech players.When they weren't turning the ball over they were consistently going up and down the field on our D. They had more yards, 1st downs 5 turnovers to our 1. I don't know that we win if that first turnover doesn't happen and set us up near the red zone. They had already missed a FG on another drive and really think they were close to putting the game out of reach before halftime. We couldn't move the ball and nor could be stop them when they were on offense. They were kicking our a$$ on the scoreboard and were physically man handling both lines of scrimmage. That first fumble happened just at the right time. How sad things have gotten this bad in such a short amount of time. We were 5-0 last season and had come back against A'M and going to OT. Everything has been downhill since then that was the start of this neverending downhill spiral.

Fuente has made it clear that he doesn't want to coach in the SEC.

My estimated guess is that Fuente's dream job is Notre Dame. Otherwise, he's raising his kids in blacksburg unless he starts losing and the fans run him out of town.

he does not have a huge ego and does not seek the spotlight like other coaches. He has a potential path to playoffs that is easier where he is at. The job is a good fit for him and the town is a good fit for his family.

I very seriously doubt he ends up at Tennessee.

Why would Fuente leave VT to coach the Vols?
If that's not one of those golden eggs of questions, then I don't know what would be. 'Same goes for Patterson and Peterson. Apparently Gruden's not budging from his best-job-in-the-sports world, and Kelly's apparently...at least in public...not interested at all. Some of you will scoff at the four left out there who would be able to put these (overall) high quality pieces back together, and those fellas are Bob Stoops, Dan Mullen, Bobby Petrino and Les Miles. Those coaching veterans are pretty much my choices #s 3 through 6, since it appears certain that #s 1 and 2...Gruden and Kelly...seemingly aren't at all compelled to move to Knoxville. Well, maybe Gruden...after he's retired and has grand kids. Stoops is the complete package who knows how to beat SEC schools. No? Ask Saban. Mullen's only shortcoming seems to be an insufficient recruiting and financial base for competing in the SEC west. Petrino's private faux pas tendencies may well be in the past, and he's never been slapped for any NCAA violations. He flat out knows how to recruit, to coach up players, and how to make game-time adjustments to win games against anybody. Miles has made coaching mistakes, but those can also be considered learning tools while looking ahead. He's won the rugged SECw and a Natty. Not shabby. AND...the man can recruit with the very best of 'em. Had LSU only been placed in the SECe, he'd still be coaching them tigers and would be the top team in the east, year-after-year. No more experiments with mid-majors. Yes, yes. They can and sometimes do work out, but UT needs a big name HC; one who can revive this recruiting class and one who knows, aside from X's and O's, WHO to keep on this staff (like Shoop and Hoke and Gillespie) and who to hire to coach up these deserving and talented young athleter. C'mon Mister Currie. Don't get us started calling for you to be fired this early in your tenure at UT.

Last edited:
I’m good if it’s Frost.

How long before he bails for Nebraska, though?

As soon as they ask, that’s how fast.

If he wants to go to Nebraska he will go there. Both jobs will be open at the same time. If he has success here and with a big buyoutFrost wouldn’t leave.

If that's not one of those golden eggs of questions, then I don't know what would be. 'Same goes for Patterson and Peterson. Apparently Gruden's not budging from his best-job-in-the-sports world, and Kelly's apparently...at least in public...not interested at all. Some of you will scoff at the four left out there who would be able to put these (overall) high quality pieces back together, and those fellas are Bob Stoops, Dan Mullen, Bobby Petrino and Les Miles. Those coaching veterans are pretty much my choices #s 3 through 6, since it appears certain that #s 1 and 2...Gruden and Kelly...seemingly aren't at all compelled to move to Knoxville. Well, maybe Gruden...after he's retired and has grand kids. Stoops is the complete package who knows how to beat SEC schools. No? Ask Saban. Mullen's only shortcoming seems to be an insufficient recruiting and financial base for competing in the SEC west. Petrino's private faux pas tendencies may well be in the past, and he's never been slapped for any NCAA violations. He flat out knows how to recruit, to coach up players, and how to make game-time adjustments to win games against anybody. Miles has made coaching mistakes, but those can also be considered learning tools while looking ahead. He's won the rugged SECw and a Natty. Not shabby. AND...the man can recruit with the very best of 'em. Had LSU only been placed in the SECe, he'd still be coaching them tigers and would be the top team in the east, year-after-year. No more experiments with mid-majors. Yes, yes. They can and sometimes do work out, but UT needs a big name HC; one who can revive this recruiting class and one who knows, aside from X's and O's, WHO to keep on this staff (like Shoop and Hoke and Gillespie) and who to hire to coach up these deserving and talented young athleter. C'mon Mister Currie. Don't get us started calling for you to be fired this early in your tenure at UT.

My dream would be Gruden HC and Art Briles as OC!

Bob Stoops or Les Miles if Gruden will not take the job! Great coaches with Natty’s and both unemployed.

Venables as the coordinator option if Currie goes that route!

No one else please!

:)

Tennesseeduke

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Gruden-Patterson-Fuente-Frost-Brohm is a solid top 5 any of those guys would win here.

Well that knocks it down to Frost, because 3 of those won't be asked and the 4th Brohm isn't leaving cushy Purdue with no headaches and new buildings going up for a SHOT at trying to please this fan base.

VN Store

Back