If Harbaugh leaves do we go after any Michigan players?

That and the dude wants to win a superbowl and not have to recruit his own team every year anymore …..
This. He has flirted with the NFL every offseason since he got the Michigan job. Got nothing to do with sanctions.
He's never won a Super Bowl and he wants to bad.

Reactions: tbwhhs
Him leaving really makes me think they're about to get smoked by the NCAA. It's really the only thing that makes sense. He had a job until he retired there if he wanted it.
UM may get some punishment, but Harbaugh has been looking to back to the NFL for awhile now. He's interviewed basically every year for a HC spot. But the SD job is set up perfectly for him. He's got an established stud at QB, a franchise LT in Slater, and an elite edge rusher in Bosa. These are 3 most important positions on the football field and he has young studs at each position.

As a side note, how bad of a coach does Brandon Staley have to be to have all that talent and only win 5 games?

It’s going to be a major PR problem for them if Moore can win 6 games, beat OSU, & they hire someone else.

Reactions: Wireless1
I think it's pretty obvious that Moore is gonna get the job-at least for this season.

Whether they slap an interim on him and see how it goes in 2024 will be the question.

If he is given the job outright, I could see a very school friendly contract that could be written off after a year with the change in some boosters sofa cushions.

Everybody thought Kiff left very late way back when. It's two weeks later on the calendar now and everybody knows Michigan is probably gonna get slapped around by sanctions pretty soon.

Just don't see many top flight coaches making a move at this point in the calendar. Too many variables at Michigan currently for anybody worth his weight in salt. Only hope for them might be to get somebody who has no issues leapfrogging around. Basically a Kiffen lol.
Yes agreed. They have to have a fall guy when the $h!t hits the fan from the sanctions.

You can say what you want about Day but he always rights the ship.... He hired DC Jim Knowles, and he has turned that into a top 2-3 defense in the country (this year will be even better). in the last 3 weeks he has transformed that team into a monster with both retention of literally all their starters on both sides of the ball, and raided the SEC for 4 transfers, two of which are the best (not counting Julian Sayin) in the country in Caleb Downs and Quinshon Judkins...... Equally as big was relinquishing offensive play calling to a very qualified OC. What else is there to say, I agree with carp because Day's time is coming.

Reactions: Carp
The 2001 Miami roster? Yes, I’d say so, it went downhill from there for Coker and Miami.

The greatest stat that I have heard about that 2001 Miami team, is that they could have scored 0 offensive TDs the entire season and they still would have gone 8-4.

Reactions: OrangeInKy
Did you see the kids that flocked from Bama of all places? That’s a program with a stable roster and administration. Michigan has no head coach and a dysfunctional athletic department that is bracing for sanctions. I expect to see even more leave from there.

A bit of a difference there. Alabama coaching almost entirely changed.

Sure, it works sometimes. Notice how I said it “usually” doesn’t work. Also, Tennessee was a good program in 1992, not where Michigan is now. Not sure it’s the same thing. If UT were running at the level then, Johnny wouldn’t have been fired..
I dissagree with the last sentence. Majors was having success and stacking talent like cordwood his last few years. It was his drinking and beligerence that really did him in. He screwed up coming back from heart surgery too soon and they lost some games because of that, but I think that the administration used that as a convenient excuse to get rid of him.

Reactions: coachchia
I dissagree with the last sentence. Majors was having success and stacking talent like cordwood his last few years. It was his drinking and beligerence that really did him in. He screwed up coming back from heart surgery too soon and they lost some games because of that, but I think that the administration used that as a convenient excuse to get rid of him.
I’m aware of what happened, but if Ut was I drafted and playing for a national title as Michigan has been, he wouldn’t have been fired. The losses made it easier to let him go.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
If we had room, I’d gladly take some of the slow, boring monsters who ate the Bama o-line’s lunch. Luckily I think we already have some of our own.

They're probably all going to Ole Miss anyway. Jeez, how does Kiffin have room for all these transfers? Did he only sign 3 high school players?

Amso
That and the dude wants to win a superbowl and not have to recruit his own team every year anymore …..
Also he has an ego and ultra competitive. Nothing wrong with neither but I think he wants to compete at the the elite level, hence the NFL.

Last edited:
Reactions: tbwhhs

VN Store

Back