If Hooker had started

I though he brought more of a spark. I don't think there is a good QB on the team..its a hard pill to swallow because it means we can't just change qbs and be better. I doubt any coach doesn't start the guy that gives them the best chance to win.
Maybe as the year goes on someone will step up but until the QB play improves the season looks lost. Running backs and poor run and 3rd down defense was bad too.

Reactions: Raebo
Hooker threw a high school level pass that resulted in an interception with the game on the line. He is just as much of a liability as Milton. He was overthrowing guys too. Lol! I don't know why there are so many Hooker fanboys now. He did not play well either. I think Bailey gives us the best chance to win. He didn't look great last year, but he was okay. Okay QB play would have won us the game today. And for the "the coaches know best" crowd, haven't you learned that coaches - especially UT coaches - often make the wrong decisions when it comes to who plays? Don't forget that cornbread rode Guarantano right off a cliff and Butch had Dobbs riding the bench until injuries made him give Dobbs a chance and he came in and lit it up. Seriously, we have seen this movie a few times already . This program has to be cursed.
. Cursed along with having terrible coaches

I though he brought more of a spark. I don't think there is a good QB on the team..its a hard pill to swallow because it means we can't just change qbs and be better. I doubt any coach doesn't start the guy that gives them the best chance to win.
Maybe as the year goes on someone will step up but until the QB play improves the season looks lost. Running backs and poor run and 3rd down defense was bad too.

And only two sacks, Not much pressure on their QB

Auburn darn near won the NC with Nick Marshall.

He reminds me a bit of Milton, I think he was a converted DB.

But they didn't ask/let him chuck it down field 6-7 times per game.

I think we could win some games with Milton as the starter or we should at least have some packages for him but you have to use him properly

Hooker threw a high school level pass that resulted in an interception with the game on the line. He is just as much of a liability as Milton. He was overthrowing guys too. Lol! I don't know why there are so many Hooker fanboys now. He did not play well either. I think Bailey gives us the best chance to win. He didn't look great last year, but he was okay. Okay QB play would have won us the game today. And for the "the coaches know best" crowd, haven't you learned that coaches - especially UT coaches - often make the wrong decisions when it comes to who plays? Don't forget that cornbread rode Guarantano right off a cliff and Butch had Dobbs riding the bench until injuries made him give Dobbs a chance and he came in and lit it up. Seriously, we have seen this movie a few times already. This program has to be cursed.

I've been wondering about Bailey. Is he really worse than Hooker and especially Milton? It's hard to imagine that he, Cade Mays, or over 50% of male Tennessee fans over the age of 12 would've missed that open receiver on the busted coverage in the first quarter. Is Bailey really that bad, or is it another case of Hurd starting over Kamara because Hurd was considered a better fit in a "system" that didn't properly utilize the talent available to win the game being played that day? I'd rather see us run a 1980s-style UT offense this season if Bailey is a decent passer than shoehorn lesser passers into an offense that places more emphasis on "trusting a system," but doesn't win against the team the Vols are lining up against.

Another Butchesque move was having Hooker in the shotgun on 4th and one foot. That was such a Butch move. What's next? Is Heupel going to start talking about "brick by brick," "five star hearts," and "Champions of Life," and fall down and cry when Tennessee wins a game on the last play? If so, someone please put him in a barber chair and give him a crewcut.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hbg
Week 1: they were dropping 8

Week 2: if we had started Hooker

When they trot Milton out the rest of the season when and where they do and he screws up, the new built in excuse becomes, "well you know he hurt his shoulder in the Pitt game."

Reactions: posivol
I still hang by my original point from the jump,Hooker should have won that job.Idk how in the world the Milton/Ut/Heupel/starting qb thing exactly went,but it went wrong lol.Hooker wins the job,starts at Bg think this games a diff story.I trust Heupel but not a good look.Im not sure what they hedged their bets on,maybe qb guru cockiness?

Reactions: Volinlife
I don't follow the super senior guidelines, so is this only year Hooker is a Vol, or does he have next year too?

I don't follow the super senior guidelines, so is this only year Hooker is a Vol, or does he have next year too?

I think he has 1 more year since everyone got an extra year for 2020. He redshirted 2017, played 2018, 2019, 2020, but if 2020 doesn't count then that means he'll have 2021 and 2022.

Reactions: vols 30
Do you think we had a better chance for a win?
Yes
The team played with more juice and HH hit open receivers. One of the biggest positives about yesterday is that Heupel has something to work with in Hendon. The team could have folded after Milton went down but didn't. Hendon kept them in the game. He has earned the start against TN tech.

Reactions: JuicyBrucey
Yes
The team played with more juice and HH hit open receivers. One of the biggest positives about yesterday is that Heupel has something to work with in Hendon. The team could have folded after Milton went down but didn't. Hendon kept them in the game. He has earned the start against TN tech.

Yeah, Hooker vastly outplayed Milton. Milton's performance was the worst by a Vol quarterback during my lifetime and I'm middle aged.

They should move him to LB or DE. To me he looks extremely awkward at QB unfortunately

Yep, his long run should have been a TD, then we got backed up with penalties that drive. He's got decent Tight End speed but his bailiwick needs to be his running. Hooker is a better more dynamic runner. Seems that's a must for a Hueple QB. Although he was advertised as a coach that could work with a Pro-style as well as a DT.

I do believe if Hooker started we would have one, two chances late to tie the game . Pitt was a good veteran team , so I’m happy with the performance of our guys. Defense needs some work but it’s year one . After watching all the games I’ve come to this conclusion.
Alabama will once again steamroll everybody in the conference including Florida, Georgia , Texas a&m and Ole Miss. I think we can hang with Florida and Ga. Their offenses are not that good. Florida will get boatraced next week by Alabama.

Hooker threw a high school level pass that resulted in an interception with the game on the line. He is just as much of a liability as Milton. He was overthrowing guys too. Lol! I don't know why there are so many Hooker fanboys now. He did not play well either. I think Bailey gives us the best chance to win. He didn't look great last year, but he was okay. Okay QB play would have won us the game today. And for the "the coaches know best" crowd, haven't you learned that coaches - especially UT coaches - often make the wrong decisions when it comes to who plays? Don't forget that cornbread rode Guarantano right off a cliff and Butch had Dobbs riding the bench until injuries made him give Dobbs a chance and he came in and lit it up. Seriously, we have seen this movie a few times already. This program has to be cursed.
Grass is always greener and the guy on the bench is always better. that's LIFE aint it.

Auburn darn near won the NC with Nick Marshall.

He reminds me a bit of Milton, I think he was a converted DB.

But they didn't ask/let him chuck it down field 6-7 times per game.

I think we could win some games with Milton as the starter or we should at least have some packages for him but you have to use him properly

Not at all. Milton is not a great runner.

Milton consistently overthrew the ball, but that turnover in the fourth quarter was extremely costly. Who knows if that would have happened if he had started. Personally, I would have liked to see Bailey play. He would have been way more accurate than Milton.

VN Store

Back