If there’s a year we can beat Florida in Gainesville, it’s this year

Yup. Mentioned that in the post... notice how I also said it looks live we’ve improved since then every week. I know the teams have been bad but I think those games may have just gotten our team back into swing. I just hope we see a fired up team playing hard on Saturday.

Florida is ranked in the Top 10 and we are ranked 96 out of 130 teams (CBS Sports 130). Don't do this to yourself go to or watch the game expect the worst and hope for the best. You will have a better day that way. Go Vols.

Reactions: 08Vol
I agree if the OL holds up. I feel like there will be open receivers to throw to but I don't have confidence that JG will see them. I really, really hope I am wrong. He just needs to relax and play loose.

If we see them from the stands or tv, he will see them. Don't worry.

Wasn’t there a preseason poll on here which asked would you rather beat Florida and miss a bowl game or lose and make a crappy bowl game.
Personally, as much as it pains me to say it, I'd rather lose and make the crappy bowl. I don't think our recruits care if we beat fl. I think they care more about progress, which making a bowl shows. My inner fan says wgwtfa! My logical self says we need these recruits.

Florida is ranked in the Top 10 and we are ranked 96 out of 130 teams (CBS Sports 130). Don't do this to yourself go to or watch the game expect the worst and hope for the best. You will have a better day that way. Go Vols.
Dude, ranking don't mean squat, quit telling people what to do. This team is capable of winning Saturday if it goes out and plays like it is capable. Win,lose or draw I can take it, but there is no doubt in my mind we can win this game if we play well, the turnover battle is a key. The first hurdle in getting over a hurdle is tuning folks like you out there telling fans how to act or feel and go out and take it out on Florida. GBO!!!! I BELIEVE!!!! JUST WIN!!!!!!

I'm just glad it's this weekend. I'm a cyclist and my favorite 100 mile ride is usually the weekend of the UF game on Sunday. In 2015 I rode it after 1 hours sleep because I was so pissed off that we found a way to lose...that Butch couldn't count and we still almost won with the missed field goal after 2 chances. In 2016, I slept but only watched the 4th quarter. It is next weekend this year. I usually don't watch the game anyway, but I get texts from my brother. I turned it on in 2015....big mistake. What a cluster. They are so freaking lucky!

Our boys should be fired up on Saturday. Ready to prove something. We’ve seen improvement since the first horrific loss, and Florida is battling many injuries. This game is setting up to be an upset for us, as long as we come out and play hard. What do you guys think? Saturday can’t come soon enough. GBO
Have we seen improvement since the second horrific loss? Aren't we 1-2? You're right on when you say "Saturday can’t come soon enough", no more speculation, we'll see what's going on with our team, as we are finally going to play an SEC team.

Dude, ranking don't mean squat, quit telling people what to do. This team is capable of winning Saturday if it goes out and plays like it is capable. Win,lose or draw I can take it, but there is no doubt in my mind we can win this game if we play well, the turnover battle is a key. The first hurdle in getting over a hurdle is tuning folks like you out there telling fans how to act or feel and go out and take it out on Florida. GBO!!!! I BELIEVE!!!! JUST WIN!!!!!!
Tell those fools like it is!!! I'm glad someone on this board is telling people what to do, "Tuning folks like you out", sweet!

If we see them from the stands or tv, he will see them. Don't worry.
I'm sure he'll see them, but will he see them in time to make a catchable pass? This has been his weakness, I guess we'll see if the coaches have worked with him, and got him squared away for Saturday....

Reactions: jimed1
Our boys should be fired up on Saturday. Ready to prove something. We’ve seen improvement since the first horrific loss, and Florida is battling many injuries. This game is setting up to be an upset for us, as long as we come out and play hard. What do you guys think? Saturday can’t come soon enough. GBO
Ive seen nothing from Tennessee that would make be predict a win.

Reactions: volgrad500

This year isn’t any different than the past 20 years. We always think this is the year to beat Florida but we never do. We have had years where we have been much closer to them talent wise (or better) vs this year and still lost.

I hate to agree but I do. I would love to be pleasantly surprised but let’s be realistic. We lost to a high school team, we lost to a lower tier school and we beat a middle school soundly. Everyone is getting all jacked up about our only win, what Pruitt says in Vol calls, how well the team has practiced, how Florida barely beat KY, backups are playing, etc. There is nothing new under the sun with this game this year. I made the mistake of actually having hope for nearly 20 years in s row. I just have a hard time believing the result will be any different this year.

I think you’re insane or very dumb if you think an injured Florida team isn’t light years better than the three teams we’ve played so far. Tennessee can win but it’s very unlikely.

Ive seen nothing from Tennessee that would make be predict a win.

My hopes (and I do have hope) for a win hinge on Florida being lucky to be 3-0 and due a reality check, being down key players on both sides of the ball, just losing their starting QB, and his replacement not having started a football game since he was in the ninth grade. BTW, how does someone who couldn't even start in HS become and SEC QB? There's gotta be a story there.

VN Store

Back