If We Could Play 1 Team @ Home in the CFP

RDU VOL#14

I’m a Flawed Character
It’s the offseason, I like to refer to it as “List Season” or “Hypothetical Season” because that’s what a lot of the college football sports talk shows or podcasts only have to talk about in early May.

My question is this…

Let’s say we make the CFP this season and we go 10-2 and get to host a game as a 5-8 seed in Neyland (remember 5 seeds will host a Group of 5 school like Liberty or Coastal Carolina or Memphis). Who do you want in Neyland Stadium in a Playoff atmosphere?

My top 3
1)Notre Dame
2) Ohio State
3) Clemson

Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Florida State and USCw are always good choices for these kinds of out-of-conference meetings. Add Oregon for recent events, and I think that's a pretty good short list.

Go Vols!
Would love to embarrass the Trojans and more specifically, Lincoln Riley.

It’s the offseason, I like to refer to it as “List Season” or “Hypothetical Season” because that’s what a lot of the college football sports talk shows or podcasts only have to talk about in early May.

My question is this…

Let’s say we make the CFP this season and we go 10-2 and get to host a game as a 5-8 seed in Neyland (remember 5 seeds will host a Group of 5 school like Liberty or Coastal Carolina or Memphis). Who do you want in Neyland Stadium in a Playoff atmosphere?

My top 3
1)Notre Dame
2) Ohio State
3) Clemson
Mine would be close to that:

1) Notre Dame
2) USC
3) Michigan
4) Ohio State

I like the idea of Texas too, but I'm leaving out SEC teams because we'll be playing them in Knoxville soon enough.

Oregon… I want some payback
You really can't blame the Ducks for the outcome of the games in 2010 & 2013, neither Vol team was exactly beating the pants off of the opponents. Although I'm sure lots of Vol fans would love a rematch. We'll have that same issue with Michigan and Ohio State this coming fall, neither one will forget the most recent meetings.

Reactions: Frozevol
It'll be one of the Big Bowls though, the Rose, Sugar, Orange, Cotton, Fiesta or Peach. I think those 6 bowls are the new quarterfinals and semifinals.
I know, but I still think it’s ridiculous to expect fans to travel for 3, potentially 4 games away from home, especially during the holidays. Kind of takes the luster off of the season for top 4 seeds by not being able to host a game in their stadium. I think the first round and quarterfinals should be held on campus and then the semifinals and final be kept the way it is.

Outside of our typical rivals it is Penn State for me. Have wanted payback since the 92 Fiesta where we dominated them for 2.5 quarters before the team imploded. Also beating Franklin would be an added bonus.

My question is this…

My top 3
1)Notre Dame
2) Ohio State
3) Clemson
No. 1 Penn State No.2 Purdue............we owe both.

I know, but I still think it’s ridiculous to expect fans to travel for 3, potentially 4 games away from home, especially during the holidays. Kind of takes the luster off of the season for top 4 seeds by not being able to host a game in their stadium. I think the first round and quarterfinals should be held on campus and then the semifinals and final be kept the way it is.
I personally am excited at the prospect of the old bowls meaning something again. We used to be fired up to play in those Bowls and if the Vols fight their way to the Sugar or the Fiesta or something, I think the whole State of Tennessee will go.

VN Store

Back