If you were head coach...

“Buying in” and “personal ownership” are cliched phrases used in education, coaches don’t need to be liked or feared. They need to be respected and that comes with time, consistency, equality, and success. Players will “buy in” when a coach earns their respect. If a player is unwilling to give maximum effort, it doesn’t matter who is coaching. Pruitt’s player personnel shuffling and lack of urgency are concerning at this level
They're broad terms used to describe ability to gain respect and belief in your agenda. The timeframe it takes that to happen depends on the situation at hand. I've managed 3 different teams. 2 of which adapted quickly and admired my tenacity. As a result, we ran like a well oiled machine, and the businesses thrived. The other was full of immature, toxic team members resistant to change. Their issue was the culture set-forth by those above me and the incompetence of the leader before me. I was initially hired for my track-record of my success from my previous two stops. Long story short, some of the team hopped on board, and some were at odds and refused. The owners were bozos and didn't hand me over the reigns to fix the problem, ya know, what they hired me for lol. It was a no-win situation. I'm long gone now but that business is still struggling. Sounds familiar huh? When you have an administration that meddles and take over a program with culture issues, the cards are stacked against you. This is why we are where we are right now. I understand your concerns, but I'm almost certain what I said above are the issues Pruitt is facing.

Personally--I like CJP's approach so far.
I didn't like the Chaney hire from the beginning, but it ain't my reputation and career on the line.

CJP was absolutely correct....we're only going to get better with better recruits.
He's gotten a couple of good classes....but we need "...more better..." players.

And I'd show any player who wants to whine or reject coaching the door.

I’d let JG know he’s the guy and get the possibility of being benched out of his head. Our starting QB needs to be confident and have minimal distractions going into the FL game.

Interesting...

I would do the exact opposite and pull JG every time he had a bad play just like every other player on the team. If he does the same thing twice he'd be benched the remainder of the game. Since he likes to overthink this will give him time to reflect without it having a negative impact on the team. Also, like every other player he would get the chance to get his starting role back in the following weeks practice.

Some feel JG needs less stress. I feel if he cant handle the heat then he needs to get the kuck out tha fitchen.

If I was the HC, I would have had my team prepared against BYU & Georgia St.

No coach speak, no favorites, you play well enough in practice and bust your butt in the classroom, you’ll earn a starting spot on the field.

I may not end up being worth a damn when it’s all said & done but least I can say that I tried.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Lmao....all of them...at the same time!! ZAP!!
I'd be dangerous with it. Long story short, my wife has lupus, and a lot of problems from it. They put an electrical implant in a few years ago to try to get her bladder to work, and it had a remote where you could turn it up. I teased her all the time about doing what I said, or she'd get it on high 😆. For the record, she's used to my crazy 🤣

I'd be dangerous with it. Long story short, my wife has lupus, and a lot of problems from it. They put an electrical implant in a few years ago to try to get her bladder to work, and it had a remote where you could turn it up. I teased her all the time about doing what I said, or she'd get it on high 😆. For the record, she's used to my crazy 🤣
Still laughing at that visual! "Don't Zap me coach!!"

Reactions: joevol33
I'd post a weekly pic of my hairy arse to Volnation and wonder how long it takes fans to realize I don't chafe.

All criticism would be deflected with the most condescending coach speak possible.

I would give players a choice in what position they play. They can choose to like where I tell them to play or they can choose to not like it.

I'm not that old but I was coached old school. Water is a privilege to be earned. Chew your daMn salt tablet like a man.

There would be a bounty every game (not dirty hits & injuring players) but hardest hit, biggest play, O & D player of the game would be compensated.

I'd steal lines from my HS coach and wouldn't lie to my team "They might be bigger, faster, and more talented but you're better coached and more disciplined. If we don't turn the ball over we can be within 7 in the 4th and then anything can happen". We upset some teams and he's in the HS coaching hall BTW.

I'd find out who our top bagmen are, establish personal relationships with them, and invite them to my house cookouts and parties. All while never personally incriminating myself or the university.
I'll be daMn'd if admin politicking gets a chance to torpedo my recruiting.

Players would decide 3rd down music with the caveat of there having to be a rotation of several riffs. I don't really care what they listen to but I get tired of the same stuff.

@Fingers would have full access to practice provided he allowed me to screen what he releases. I assure you that would be more pertinent content that he receives now.

I'd probably get fired but I'd leave behind a bunch of scrappy tough SOB's for the next staff to build around.

After getting fired I'd continue posting weekly pictures of my hairy arse until the buyout ran out.

I'd post a weekly pic of my hairy arse to Volnation and wonder how long it takes fans to realize I don't chafe.

All criticism would be deflected with the most condescending coach speak possible.

I would give players a choice in what position they play. They can choose to like where I tell them to play or they can choose to not like it.

I'm not that old but I was coached old school. Water is a privilege to be earned. Chew your daMn salt tablet like a man.

There would be a bounty every game (not dirty hits & injuring players) but hardest hit, biggest play, O & D player of the game would be compensated.

I'd steal lines from my HS coach and wouldn't lie to my team "They might be bigger, faster, and more talented but you're better coached and more disciplined. If we don't turn the ball over we can be within 7 in the 4th and then anything can happen". We upset some teams and he's in the HS coaching hall BTW.

I'd find out who our top bagmen are, establish personal relationships with them, and invite them to my house cookouts and parties. All while never personally incriminating myself or the university.
I'll be daMn'd if admin politicking gets a chance to torpedo my recruiting.

Players would decide 3rd down music with the caveat of there having to be a rotation of several riffs. I don't really care what they listen to but I get tired of the same stuff.

@Fingers would have full access to practice provided he allowed me to screen what he releases. I assure you that would be more pertinent content that he receives now.

I'd probably get fired but I'd leave behind a bunch of scrappy tough SOB's for the next staff to build around.

After getting fired I'd continue posting weekly pictures of my hairy arse until the buyout ran out.
🤣

Interesting...

I would do the exact opposite and pull JG every time he had a bad play just like every other player on the team. If he does the same thing twice he'd be benched the remainder of the game. Since he likes to overthink this will give him time to reflect without it having a negative impact on the team. Also, like every other player he would get the chance to get his starting role back in the following weeks practice.

Some feel JG needs less stress. I feel if he cant handle the heat then he needs to get the kuck out tha fitchen.
I didn’t say I wouldn’t bench him. I said I’d get the idea out of his head going into the game.

VN Store

Back