I'm proud

We played a team with the most protected player we’ve seen in a long time in college basketball. Guys played hard. Didn’t play well at times, but the effort was and we nearly pulled off a win in a game that was blatantly 8 vs. 5. Proud of the team and coaches. It’ll hurt for a while, but they’ve got a lot to be proud of.

I think we played almost as well as we could have. If we make a few more open shots we win but it didn’t happen. Going to miss the seniors!

It really did come down to just a few missed shots. Turning point in the game had to be when we tied it up at 58. Then we forced an Edey miss, but Knecht missed the jumper. We get the ball back on the jump ball and Knecht misses a 3.

Edey goes to the line after and makes 1 of 2. Then we come down and James misses a mid range jumper.

3 chances to take the lead and we just couldn’t do it.

It really did come down to just a few missed shots. Turning point in the game had to be when we tied it up at 58. Then we forced an Edey miss, but Knecht missed the jumper. We get the ball back on the jump ball and Knecht misses a 3.

Edey goes to the line after and makes 1 of 2. Then we come down and James misses a mid range jumper.

I agree with this assessment. The team shot the 3 great today but there was 7 or 8 open, makeable 2-pointers over the course of the game that just wouldn't fall.

Also, Purdue will not win anything. If Duke is there they'll probably beat Purdue. If the refs pull Purdue through that one UConn will embarrass them. Next year Edey goes off to become an afterthought in the NBA.

I agree with this assessment. The team shot the 3 great today but there was 7 or 8 open, makeable 2-pointers over the course of the game that just wouldn't fall.

Also, Purdue will not win anything. If Duke is there they'll probably beat Purdue. If the refs pull Purdue through that one UConn will embarrass them. Next year Edey goes off to become an afterthought in the NBA.
I wouldn't dismiss Perdue so easy. Their game of getting the ball to Edey ---how do you stop that unless you have a bigger guy inside? Their guards can also score although they didn't do much today.

So proud of this group of men. They fought every single game and gave us an Elite 8. Fought as hard as they could against Purdue but there were other narratives that needed to be fulfilled. I am so proud to have been able to watch this team.
Goodbye to Santi, James, DK. Thanks for everything.
GBO

View attachment 631180

Terrific season with a bright future ahead.

Amazing run.
This team is a long ways from the best ever Tennessee team...but they are winners with big hearts.
They played above their talent level..That's desire to win and coaching to get everything they had
Congratulations to Coach Barnes and the entire team.

Yep. We had a shot right there to get in front and out some pressure on Purdue.

So proud of this group of men. They fought every single game and gave us an Elite 8. Fought as hard as they could against Purdue but there were other narratives that needed to be fulfilled. I am so proud to have been able to watch this team.
Goodbye to Santi, James, DK. Thanks for everything.
GBO

View attachment 631180
Ditto. Given all they were up against today, they hung in and had their chances against a good team and that’s all you can ask. Excellent season and I’m really proud of them.

Amazing run.
This team is a long ways from the best ever Tennessee team...but they are winners with big hearts.
They played above their talent level..That's desire to win and coaching to get everything they had
Congratulations to Coach Barnes and the entire team.
Not a long ways. It's a top 5 team, at least

Reactions: Just a VolinTears

VN Store

Back