Im seeing 5 losses this year!

Alabama and Kentucky or Missouri will give us 5 losses. No improvement this year!

This makes about as much sense as those pundits who were screaming "OMG!, three head coaches in four years!" when it was becoming apparent that Derrick Dooley was in way over his head. In case you haven't been watching, or in case you have, but lack the mental wattage to process the data, this team is a helluva lot better than it was three years ago, better than two years ago, and better than last year. I can't explain it any better than that. The only downside is that its not as good as next year's team is going to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
I want wins as bad as anybody.. But you can't solely use your W-L record to see if progress is being made.

If you can't see this team getting better i don't know what to tell you. Now, that's not saying there is still room to improve but we are getting better.

The fact that they are getting better at such a rate that you can't even see it in Ws and Ls indicates that there is likely a ceiling for Butch.

Kentucky was supposed to be "good" and looked "strong" last year and we crushed them.

Not afraid of them. At all.

Reactions: 3 people
I think we can upset the Tide if things fall in place. Though, I wouldn't be surprised at losing to UK or Mizzou. It's college football, expect the unexpected

7-5 is improvement as sad as that is. When we all know how close we are to being 6-0 right now. Gonna be a bitter offseason, maybe we'll come into next season under the radar, getting no respect and the team plays with a chip on it's shoulders and knocks Florida's dick in the dirt.

Go Vols
Beat Bama

Reactions: 1 person
Judging by your low post count, I'd say your a troll, or just ignorant OP

No way we lose anymore. BEATBAMA, worry about the rest later

The fact that they are getting better at such a rate that you can't even see it in Ws and Ls indicates that there is likely a ceiling for Butch.

This makes no sense at all??? Please explain your rationale and include in your explanation how that meshes with improved w/l records as well as closing the gap on the amount of points in our losses. Not to mention the fact that we have already beat one team this year that we have lost to for 5 years running?

Reactions: 2 people
Stop the Mizzou sucks business now. They have beaten us 3 straight times, twice in Neyland. Yet, Vol fans want to check off the victory now. Not so fast my friends.

We will have to go into their house in the cold and take that win if it's to be ours.

We win out after Bama. We keep it close against Bama too. When the team plays well they show that a ten win season wasn't so far fetched. We've given away three games so far and not been blown out once. I see a ton of improvement personally. In Butch's first season we got manhandled by Alabama, Auburn and Oregon.

I think Bama will come out fast and throw up one or two scores quick, it's how we respond that will dictate how close the game is and I don't see this team quitting.

Alabama and Kentucky or Missouri will give us 5 losses. No improvement this year!

If that did happen we lost 6 last year and that would be a 1 game improvement, but after we take our yearly azz whipping from bama we will run the table and be 8 and 4, we got to many player's hurt to compete with bama, but we can win the rest with what we got, i hope.:thud:

We win out after Bama. We keep it close against Bama too. When the team plays well they show that a ten win season wasn't so far fetched. We've given away three games so far and not been blown out once. I see a ton of improvement personally. In Butch's first season we got manhandled by Alabama, Auburn and Oregon.

I think Bama will come out fast and throw up one or two scores quick, it's how we respond that will dictate how close the game is and I don't see this team quitting.

Honestly for me, if we beat Alabama, we could lose out the rest of the season and I would be just as happy as the opposite.

If you're seeing 5 losses maybe you need new eye glasses;)

Tennessee remaining schedule

Alabama L
Kentucky W
South Carolina W
North Texas State W
Missouri W
Vanderbilt W

If we lose 2 or 3 more starter's against bama this week, Kentucky could beat us they got there 1 in 5 year football team that can compete against us this year, they have a decent team this year.

Honestly for me, if we beat Alabama, we could lose out the rest of the season and I would be just as happy as the opposite.

As much as I hate Bama, it would kill me to see us have 8 losses. It's a matter of pride when you consider we are only one of two programs to never lose 8 games.

I want a win over Bama so much but the reality is 9-4 with a bowl victory would bring the program more momentum. Just my opinion though.

I expect 7-5 (since I predicted that. LOL) also but there has definitely been improvement this year. You can see improvement on the field when they play. It is not reflected as much in wins and losses but there is improvement.

there is more talent on this roster than last year. Just lacking in experience.

Coaching calls could have changed the outcomes of Oklahoma and Florida. Both are top 25 teams that Tennessee could have beaten. So play has been better than last year.

I thought in August Florida was a must win but this Florida team turned out much, much better than I thought they were. Even with that, should have won the game.

So they have improved, just not showing in wins as much. IMO

Reactions: 5 people

This is not the tune you were singing in preseason when everyone was telling you we were a year away. Pansyism I think was the word. What changed your mind?

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back