Important PSA - Do NOT gather at courthouse

Because us older folks are people of action and get stuff done. This younger generation are worried about pronouns, trigger warnings, and can’t define a woman. Us older folks grew up feral without cell phones. Our generation is the definition of F around and Find Out.

Take a huge step back when criticizing some of us older folks. We lived through the era of fighting in school was only 1 day of in school suspension.
And that younger generation you spout about are our kids.

WTF are y’all doing? 😂

How in the hell did this devolve into an argument between generations?

Because us older folks are people of action and get stuff done. This younger generation are worried about pronouns, trigger warnings, and can’t define a woman. Us older folks grew up feral without cell phones. Our generation is the definition of F around and Find Out.

Take a huge step back when criticizing some of us older folks. We lived through the era of fighting in school was only 1 day of in school suspension.
Yall raised that generation….

Ok, if gathering and showing support for UT could backfire with the case, how about all UT fans gather in support of the NCAA and be as obnoxious as possible!

This would only hurt the chances of the ruling we want to happen. This is the TN and VA AGs arguing for the entire countries players rights. IT Is NOT UT.

The judge will want to not be made to seem like he was biased or pressured. Do NOT do any kind of rally by the courthouse.

I say we gather at Neyland to celebrate the ruling.

Don’t take my word for it take the word of the most renowned Lawyer to go against the NCAA who also represents Spyre sports. Thanks for listening.l and sorry to rant!

This seems silly to me. Maybe some pr stuff to manage fans expectations about the litigation.

Courts are public spaces and there is a public interest in this case. The people have a right to be there, within the logistical limitations of the court and as long as they follow the rules of the court, and to gather publicly outside of the court. These are fundamental rights lol

Reactions: davethevol
I love how everybody thinks Tenn fans were going to organize outside a courthouse, I took it as sarcasm on twitter but apparently we still have fans/boomers who think that was an actual possibility 🤣
And here i was thinking it was the Millenails and Zs who were the protesters.

Then realized how much effort that would take and knew few would show up.

Also got to thinking about how anxiety inducing a protest could be, and knew that the few Millennials that might want to show up wouldnt make it their driveway before suffering a panic attack and choose to go see their therapist instead. And of course the Gen Zs would lose several of their number on the way their. About 80% would be so stoned they kind of lost interest and the other 20% had GPS issues.

I guess the truth is, if there were to be a protest large enough to matter, it would definitely be Boomers and Xers there for it.

Of course most of them will be at work...so the likelihood of a protest remains very small.
🤓

And here i was thinking it was the Millenails and Zs who were the protesters.

Then realized how much effort that would take and knew few would show up.

Also got to thinking about how anxiety inducing a protest could be, and knew that the few Millennials that might want to show up wouldnt make it their driveway before suffering a panic attack and choose to go see their therapist instead. And of course the Gen Zs would lose several of their number on the way their. About 80% would be so stoned they kind of lost interest and the other 20% had GPS issues.

I guess the truth is, if there were to be a protest large enough to matter, it would definitely be Boomers and Xers there for it.

Of course most of them will be at work...so the likelihood of a protest remains very small.
🤓
Kind of true, I guess.

Except that Boomers and Boomer X’ers that are constantly triggered by their imaginary Gen Z and Millennial boogie “persons” aren’t doing a damn thing except bitching on here, Facebook and calling into AM Talk Radio while wondering why Jardiace ain’t covered for their sugar.

But whatever, old timers. Please keep sharing those Facebook memes of the kid in the Coors tshirt, smoking a Merit on the dirt bike, doing his best Kelly Leak thinking your the last great generation while listening to Z-106 the home of real rock.

Reactions: WallyBalls
This seems silly to me. Maybe some pr stuff to manage fans expectations about the litigation.

Courts are public spaces and there is a public interest in this case. The people have a right to be there, within the logistical limitations of the court and as long as they follow the rules of the court, and to gather publicly outside of the court. These are fundamental rights lol
People have the right to remain silent, too. But do they have the ability? 😂

Seriously, though: it's all about how the media might seize on any opportunity to distort a gathering, especially a spirited gathering. And any incident, real of false flag, could be made into a big issue with the intent to slander. Assembling gains nothing and risks a lot. Prudence is the watch word.

No one is claiming people are not allowed on the grounds. That's silly. But it's not the time or place for a pep rally. The case is not even UT's case. It involves the Attorneys General of two states, arguing in support of the rights of athletes.

If you are interested in the merits of the case, have you read the responses that both parties filed with the court in full? They've been available for a few hours and are more reliable than second-hand news stories.

We'll all be able to read the court's decision in full, including any reasoning provided, as soon as it is announced.

Last edited:
What if you already got to be at the courthouse for other business? Kind of like a 2 birds, one rock kinda deal? Asking for a friend.

Reactions: davethevol
Kind of true, I guess.

Except that Boomers and Boomer X’ers that are constantly triggered by their imaginary Gen Z and Millennial boogie “persons” aren’t doing a damn thing except bitching on here, Facebook and calling into AM Talk Radio while wondering why Jardiace ain’t covered for their sugar.

But whatever, old timers. Please keep sharing those Facebook memes of the kid in the Coors tshirt, smoking a Merit on the dirt bike, doing his best Kelly Leak thinking your the last great generation while listening to Z-106 the home of real rock.

Speaking of triggered...^^^

😁😁

VN Store

Back