Inf/Of Ryan Galanie - transfer from Wofford

Why is that dumb? He couldn’t afford to wait until next years draft. He will be 24 when the next draft rolls around, with no eligibility left. At that age, and with no leverage, he would likely get $50K at best and would be behind the eight ball as it relates to developing and going through the minors system. Making it to the MLB is tough enough, but starting out at 24 you are already 2-3 years behind most of the other guys. He obviously made the best decision for him personally.

Why is that dumb? He couldn’t afford to wait until next years draft. He will be 24 when the next draft rolls around, with no eligibility left. At that age, and with no leverage, he would likely get $50K at best and would be behind the eight ball as it relates to developing and going through the minors system. Making it to the MLB is tough enough, but starting out at 24 you are already 2-3 years behind most of the other guys. He obviously made the best decision for him personally.

I agree with alot of this.

but IMO he’s very unlikely to ever play in the big leagues. He’s very unlikely to ever make real money playing baseball.

I believe he would have made solid NIL money for us, had an unreal experience playing in the SEC, potentially endured himself into the worlds greatest fanbase and I feel that entire package was worth way more than the peanuts he got

Jmo

I agree with alot of this.

but IMO he’s very unlikely to ever play in the big leagues. He’s very unlikely to ever make real money playing baseball.

I believe he would have made solid NIL money for us, had an unreal experience playing in the SEC, potentially endured himself into the worlds greatest fanbase and I feel that entire package was worth way more than the peanuts he got

Jmo

I think some kids just want to play professional ball and it is that simple. Any student athlete playing college baseball probably grew up dreaming of playing in the big leagues. IMO, I don’t think any athlete is thinking in terms of “I am not good enough to make the big leagues so I should just play one more year of college ball and quit.” Galanie clearly believes in himself and that he can make the league, and good on him for doing that.

I think some kids just want to play professional ball and it is that simple. Any student athlete playing college baseball probably grew up dreaming of playing in the big leagues. IMO, I don’t think any athlete is thinking in terms of “I am not good enough to make the big leagues so I should just play one more year of college ball and quit.” Galanie clearly believes in himself and that he can make the league, and good on him for doing that.

Fair

My money is on him regretting the decision

Reactions: feathersax
Fair

My money is on him regretting the decision

I highly doubt he is going to regret not coming to Tennessee. He doesn’t have any attachment to us other than the three weeks he was committed. He’s off on his pro journey, which as he himself has stated was his goal all along.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I highly doubt he is going to regret not coming to Tennessee. He doesn’t have any attachment to us other than the three weeks he was committed. He’s off on his pro journey, which as he himself has stated was his goal all along.

When he fails at pro ball I’m thinking he will always wonder if he could have been a a stud in the SEC. Let’s face it he played in the minor leagues of college baseball

Reactions: feathersax
When he fails at pro ball I’m thinking he will always wonder if he could have been a a stud in the SEC. Let’s face it he played in the minor leagues of college baseball

I’m terms of dollars and cents, I doubt he regrets it. In terms of baseball experiences, could definitely see him wishing maybe he had played a year in the SEC for an Omaha team instead of a year of single-A ball.

VN Store

Back