Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

Just prior to you changing your BS to “when will Tennessee make the championship game with Rick Barnes?”.
Not at all, when will Rick Barnes take Tennessee to a final 4? It's a fair question, it really is.

Were having constructive fan to fan conversation here, not out to be mean. Just a genuine question

OMG I've never heard this before! You are the first person ever to say it and it's clearly worth of it's own thread!

You deserve a cookie!

Reactions: Lurker
"Yeah… well… results and 20 years of history at two different schools that I have first hand experience with are on my side…

What do you have?"

"But after numerous years at two schools with virtually unlimited resources, he is who he is."

Longhorn here who never wanted to fire Barnes and greatly misses the Rick Barnes era at Texas. This stupid thought process is what led to the worst decision in Texas Athletics history (barely eclipsing firing Mack Brown/hiring Charlie Strong). I heard all this same stupid anti-barnes **** that is in this thread on the Texas message boards. We actually fired our best coach in school history and look where we are today.

I have continued to root for Barnes (except when he is playing Texas) and have been a long time lurker on this board. After reading the same stupid **** here for years, I can only conclude that some people just do not like Rick Barnes and that's all there is to it. They certainly refuse to appreciate how much he elevates their program. They also seem to live in a fantasy land where they think football schools like Tennessee and Texas should be winning at Kansas and North Carolina hoops levels.

Just a heads up to the knowledgeable Vols, when you eventually end up with a worse coach, these same fair-weather trolls magically disappear... after complaining on the Texas boards for years that Barnes "did not win enough", all the same trolls magically disappeared and were silent throughout 6 years of Shaka Smart not winning a single NCAA tournament game and giving us tournament embarrassment losses to Northern Iowa and Abilene Christian. Barnes winning at a consistent top 25 level is the only reason they pay attention in the first place... a fact they nevertheless do not seem to appreciate.

Also congrats to the Vols on beating us and a great season. Rodney Terry has proven that past two seasons that Texas currently does not have a coach as good as Rick Barnes.

I don’t know all the stats. I won’t argue that way . . . But I will say it seems there are so many variables a coach doesn’t control. We got hosed by officiating today. Two of his clutch players had off games today. It happens. I don’t think there is a pattern. I think it’s just darn near impossible for it all to line up to make a final 4. UT had 3 chances to take the lead late . . . And could not do it.

Not at all, when will Rick Barnes take Tennessee to a final 4? It's a fair question, it really is.

Were having constructive fan to fan conversation here, not out to be mean. Just a genuine question

When is Josh Heupel going to make it to the final 4 playoff teams?

When is Tony Vitello going to make it to the final series in the CWS?

When are the Lady Vols going to make it back to the Final Four?

Do you know the answer to any of those?

Reactions: CaliVol2009
When we make a Final Four, don't come back.
Deal!

I’ll tell you what… Let’s make a bet…
Loser will video themselves shooting a crow, cleaning it, grilling and eating it if Barnes makes a Final 4 at UT. But still allowed to post…

Is that a bet?

(Side note: I realize not everyone is an outdoorsman with access to shoot crows so you can get a chicken, duck, turkey, or any other avian creature, but it must be covered in Carolina Reaper peppers, but you have to eat the whole thing. But I will actually shoot a freaking crow)

I really hope you accept this bet and I lose…

Deal!

I’ll tell you what… Let’s make a bet…
Loser will video themselves shooting a crow, cleaning it, grilling and eating it if Barnes makes a Final 4 at UT. But still allowed to post…

Is that a bet?

(Side note: I realize not everyone is an outdoorsman with access to shoot crows so you can get a chicken, duck, turkey, or any other avian creature, but it must be covered in Carolina Reaper peppers, but you have to eat the whole thing. But I will actually shoot a freaking crow)

I really hope you accept this bet and I lose…

I have a better bet. I bet I put you on ignore.

Hey I won!

I’m hoping that rule #6 has just been enforced.

Trolls. Fans of other teams can add a unique perspective are always welcome here. However, keep in mind that this is a Tennessee board and those who support other schools should be respectful of the Tennessee program and fans. Fans of other programs who join with the purpose of mocking Tennessee will be banned.

To play a team like Clemson in the EE. Extra long tees everywhere this afternoon from the fire Barnes crowd
Except I’m not in the fire Rick Barnes crowd.

I’m just a head of the curve in the “Look how great we have it with Rick Barnes” crowd. We should be happy with just making it this far.

Same as you. Right…?

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
Seeing South Carolina, auburn, alabama and now nc state go to a finally 4 before tennessee is just brutal.

I just don’t think it’s gonna happen for barnes.

Seeing South Carolina, auburn, alabama and now nc state go to a finally 4 before tennessee is just brutal.

NC state has 2 national championships. The others had one high point. I'll take our program over theirs

Seems strange. He's a better coach than all those for the teams you've listed. Much better. He's got that "best player to have never won a major" moniker.

VN Store

Back