Is Currie(UT) trolling Gruden for publicity??

Agreed. I got caught up in the 2012 debacle pretty bad but not this time. The "insiders" are not even saying plain facts its more cryptic stuff like "The whale has grown wings" and "A bird has pocket aces" then hundreds of people trying to figure out what it means. I will admit I finally had to ignore the thread to keep from looking at it all day. It will suck you in and the concept of "Group Think" is very real lol.

I make no bones about it I would LOVE to have Jon Gruden as the next HC at UT but I would also like to win Powerball tonight and I think the odds of both are roughly the same.

Well then...

GTFO

Reactions: 1 person
Currie is a politician. He’s made a big mistake announcing his pick would be big, expensive and explosive. That’s a bold statement. That further embellishes the Grudeneers beliefs. I agree with folks saying this want end well for Currie.

This is a legit question I am wondering about. There is zero mention from the Hill about the search. All of the Knoxville media is at odds with each other in regards to who is right and who has "the scoop". It seems they are all just in the dark like the rest of us.

With Gruden to UT rumors (Grumors) swirling everywhere and basically everyday for this past week and beyond, could Currie be the one trolling Gruden?

We all know Gruden loves the attention and it's great for his overall brand (himself) to be circulating around all media....,it too is great for UTs brand to be constantly talked about and dominating headlines.

While the vast majority of these Grumors are fueled by our idiotic fanbase (people like me) there has been nothing, NOTHING from the AD to put of the flames. Nothing to put the Grumors to bed.

In fact, it seems some things have been almost deliberately "leaked" (so to speak) to some fairly reputable Knoxville media who have put out what appears to be pretty blatant misdirection.

I think it's all being purposefully and strategically done from within and not so much by Gruden.

This article basically states what we all know to be reasonable and rational. In a nutshell why would ANY team or organization want to hire a guy who simply hasn't coached in nearly 10 years?

Tennessee has serious concerns about Jon Gruden as a coaching candidate - CBSSports.com

Because the AD said that was going to happen. He would not speak about the coaching search until announcing the new coach.

I can't be the only one who listened to his press conference..

Currie is a politician. He’s made a big mistake announcing his pick would be big, expensive and explosive. That’s a bold statement. That further embellishes the Grudeneers beliefs. I agree with folks saying this want end well for Currie.

He didn't say that. That was more of the "anonymous sources" nonsense.

Funny to see people in this thread giving details on what's discussed in the Gruden thread. After they've said they don't read that stupid thread. Then, open another thread about Gruden and complain about everyone talking about Gruden.

Not hating, just think its funny.

Reactions: 2 people
Yep but the fans are wanting daily briefings. They deserve to be informed. No, the demand it. Fire Currie.

Tell me exactly why you "deserve" to be informed? If you want to be "informed" donate six+ figures and get a seat at the table. Do you also "deserve" to be "informed" daily of national security briefings? Don't be dumb, you don't deserve anything more than you are getting.

Reactions: 2 people
Kate Upton will divorce Verlander, and call me for a date, before Jon Gruden ever coaches again anywhere.

This is a legit question I am wondering about. There is zero mention from the Hill about the search. All of the Knoxville media is at odds with each other in regards to who is right and who has "the scoop". It seems they are all just in the dark like the rest of us.

With Gruden to UT rumors (Grumors) swirling everywhere and basically everyday for this past week and beyond, could Currie be the one trolling Gruden?

We all know Gruden loves the attention and it's great for his overall brand (himself) to be circulating around all media....,it too is great for UTs brand to be constantly talked about and dominating headlines.

While the vast majority of these Grumors are fueled by our idiotic fanbase (people like me) there has been nothing, NOTHING from the AD to put of the flames. Nothing to put the Grumors to bed.

In fact, it seems some things have been almost deliberately "leaked" (so to speak) to some fairly reputable Knoxville media who have put out what appears to be pretty blatant misdirection.

I think it's all being purposefully and strategically done from within and not so much by Gruden.

This article basically states what we all know to be reasonable and rational. In a nutshell why would ANY team or organization want to hire a guy who simply hasn't coached in nearly 10 years?

Tennessee has serious concerns about Jon Gruden as a coaching candidate - CBSSports.com

That is really articulate and well said.

Tell me exactly why you "deserve" to be informed? If you want to be "informed" donate six+ figures and get a seat at the table. Do you also "deserve" to be "informed" daily of national security briefings? Don't be dumb, you don't deserve anything more than you are getting.

I think it takes 8 figures to get a seat at that table!

Currie seems outcome oriented to where he doesn't care much for the perception during the process. He only cares about making the right hire in the end.

Yep but the fans are wanting daily briefings. They deserve to be informed. No, the demand it. Fire Currie.

I'm with ya. Currie should be confirming or squashing these rumors. The man needs to get his priorities straight.

When did he announce that?

He didnt announce that.

At 54, Gruden is a bit older and not a "spring chicken," so to speak, and even if he were selected HC, it would likely be for a few short years at best and the coaching carousel would start anew. Doesn't seem like good odds.

If I remember correctly, Currie was pretty clear at his presser that he would be quiet until the search/hire was complete and anything we hear till then is pure speculation and rumor.

Personally, I feel like gruden is in play until it's made public by him that he's not interested

He was crystal clear about it, going so far to tell the scoop seekers to stop following him around in the parking garage. So, I am of the opinion that Currie meant that.

He is not giving hand gesture to cue us when to get excited. He is not asking third parties to leak info so the press and the public are duly informed. Nothing will come from him until a hire is made. It is asinine to let your imagination tell you otherwise.

As to Gruden, you can say he is in play, but too many have followed him down this rabbit hole before. I feel if he was actually talking to Tee Martin and/or Dale Jones about being on his staff, he would have already gone public. He would have probably announced it on MNF this week since the rumor suggested the deal was practically finalized.

At this point there are two groups of people calling for Gruden right now; Trolls who get their juvenile jollies working up the second group, imbeciles. That is something we seem to have in abundance.

I think Gruden wants to be in play just for the publicity. It might get him a commercial spokesperson gig selling shower gel or sketchers. And he is getting it for free.

I will eat crow if he takes it, but I am in no rush to choose my sides, beverage, or dessert. He is in play all right. And the commercial in play will be him trying to avoid people in orange.

I'm with ya. Currie should be confirming or squashing these rumors. The man needs to get his priorities straight.

Why would he be confirming or squashing rumors while he is in a coaching search and/or negotiations? He has nothing to gain and a lot of leverage to lose by doing that. Your need to be saved from your own imagination is of no concern to him and this process.

At 54, Gruden is a bit older and not a "spring chicken," so to speak, and even if he were selected HC, it would likely be for a few short years at best and the coaching carousel would start anew. Doesn't seem like good odds.

Saban is like 66

VN Store

Back