Is it just me

Or is it hard to tell who Bob is for on the radio broadcast. He really pisses me off. They need to do something about him.
I was listening to him too, he sounded enthusiastic and was doing a decent job, especially when we went on that run in the first half.

Ijust got this image of me as a kid with my ear pressed against a transistor radio listening to the Vols. They got this cool new thing called ESPN

Reactions: Big time vol
Folks have always said Kesling is a "TV guy" who's doing radio. He's more suited for television, and TV is more accustomed to providing neutral commentary, as opposed to a college program's radio broadcast which is being made for a specific group of fans. Sometimes Kesling drifts into that TV mentality on the Vol Network, and it can make him sound unemotional or even biased the other way because he doesn't sound excited about Tennessee (as opposed to Bert - thank God for Bert and his "MONEY!") But anyway, sometimes Kesling gets wrapped up more in being a neutral communicator of the game's events, rather than being a homer announcer, so I know how you feel sometimes.

Though I want to add that, to a degree, I appreciate some level of even-handed presentation. I don't want a Larry Munson. If you ever heard Munson, he was just awful to listen to unless you were a diehard dragging-your-butt-across-the-carpet Bulldog fan. The exact opposite of someone like John Ward, who was the perfect balance of class and professionalism while still letting his Tennessee support shine through.

Reactions: DonDiego
My problem with Bob is not his loyalty. I think he does a good job of being loyal to Tennessee while calling an even game. My problem is he has no freaking clue. He doesn’t know where the front court, back court, elbow etc. is. You have no idea where the players are on the court. Same thing in football. He does not paint a very good picture. How much time is left? What’s the score? Yard line? Down and distance? How much time is left on the play clock? How many yards has the player gained? He could be on the 50 or in the end zone for all he tells us.

Reactions: tnbelle98

VN Store

Back