Is Kentucky gonna be a problem?

This new guy they just got cleared ZVONIMIR IVISIC is kinda scary in his first action vs UGA 16 mins 13 points, 5 boards and 3 blocks made 3-4 from 3. This kid is 7-2 giving them 3 legit 7 footers
Kentucky is always a problem. They are one of the best college basketball programs of all time. We will likely lose on the road to them as will most teams. We will likely beat them at home though because we win a lot of games at home. They are vulnerable just like every other team out there.

Kentucky doesn't play much defense, Georgia put up 96 and lost. I think our defense can keep them in the 70's and I'm hoping, like Bama, we can frustrate them, turn them over and basically take them out of their game. I would feel more confident if it wasn't in Rupp. The Cats are big at the 4 & 5 and I think we've seen CRB looking ahead to that a bit as we have seen Aidoo and Awaka on the floor together some of late as well as more of Estrella. You may have noticed Mashack guarding post players too. They're scheming something up for the Cat's big men, I just hope it works!
This will be the one game where Cal will be pleading to his team to play defense and they’ll make it physical. Similar to Alabama defensively but have more offensive weapons.

I agree with most here. Cats will be a huge challenge for us….especially at Rupp. They have serious talent everywhere on the floor. I’d think a split would be the most likely outcome. Big men on the road make things tough for us. Need to dismantle Vandy on Saturday first.

This new guy they just got cleared ZVONIMIR IVISIC is kinda scary in his first action vs UGA 16 mins 13 points, 5 boards and 3 blocks made 3-4 from 3. This kid is 7-2 giving them 3 legit 7 footers
Doesn't matter who they trot out there. They'll always have the zebras in their corner.... especially at Rupp. Aidoo will be on the bench with 2 fouls before the first TV timeout no matter where we play them. Knecht will come out needing an ice bath and heavy NSAIDs.

Kentucky is only a 4.5 point favorite against South Carolina tomorrow night. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them lose outright. That place has been a house of horrors for them in the past and after all this Big Z talk and the parade of his arrival last week, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them fall flat on their face in this midweek game on the road.
S Carolina is the most improved team in the league.

Yes. They're gonna be extremely difficult to beat. I think we can beat them at home, but they will be allowed to gang tackle us in Rupp. It will be a very frustrating game as usual. This is the best team Cal has had in several years. I think they'll be in top 5 or 10 at the end of the season. They just look different than in recent years.
Makes no difference we can play rough with any team. But at Ky, the refs can and will control the game in Ky's favor. Always have and always will. I could see 35 -40 fouls call on us with less than 20 called on Ky.

Yes. They're gonna be extremely difficult to beat. I think we can beat them at home, but they will be allowed to gang tackle us in Rupp. It will be a very frustrating game as usual. This is the best team Cal has had in several years. I think they'll be in top 5 or 10 at the end of the season. They just look different than in recent years.
They shoot the ball and share the ball extremely well. I think they are a little soft on the defensive end. We are definitely going to be in a battle.

S Carolina is the most improved team in the league.
They are improved no doubt with a good coach…….I would be really surprised if Carolina can outscore Kentucky. We shall see tonight. Remember A@M put 90+ points up on them at their place. It was an OT game but that’s a lot of points to give up. Kentucky loves offense so far, not so much defense and rebounding. The addition of Big Z will make them better no doubt but they are not unbeatable. Carolina will get some open looks tonight from 3 but can they make them. If they make 10+ they may have a shot. I’m pulling for SC. Go Vols! Beat Vandy!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Makes no difference we can play rough with any team. But at Ky, the refs can and will control the game in Ky's favor. Always have and always will. I could see 35 -40 fouls call on us with less than 20 called on Ky.
I remember when Cal pulled that goon out to beat up on Grant Williams. It was a mugging

It will make a difference. UK is good enough this year though to not need a lot of help. This team can score much better than the last few teams they've had.

Key is to get back on defense and not allow UK to score in transition. Make them play the 1/2 court game against our defense.
This. Kentucky likes to play fast and get to the rim quickly in transition or score on a 3 in transition. That's not to say they aren't good in the halfcourt offense, but our defense is much stronger in the halfcourt than it is in transition when we have to defend guys going downhill and out of system.

They are improved no doubt with a good coach…….I would be really surprised if Carolina can outscore Kentucky. We shall see tonight. Remember A@M put 90+ points up on them at their place. It was an OT game but that’s a lot of points to give up. Kentucky loves offense so far, not so much defense and rebounding. The addition of Big Z will make them better no doubt but they are not unbeatable. Carolina will get some open looks tonight from 3 but can they make them. If they make 10+ they may have a shot. I’m pulling for SC. Go Vols! Beat Vandy!
I don’t think this game will come down to Carolina having to outscore UK. Obviously they will have to do that to win but I don’t think Carolina will aim to score 90 to win. I don’t think that’s the focus. I think they win the game with their defense. If they slow UK down in transition and force them to play inside out and operate efficiently in the front court, they’ll have a chance. UK’s defense won’t change overnight so I think Carolina can get to the mid/upper 70s. That’s where they have to keep the game to win, they won’t try to go out and win 95-90 unless they’re just badly coached. They’d get boat raced. Kentucky has yet to be forced to play a game in the front court a majority of the game. If they can’t run the floor, you’ll see a completely different team IMO.

Pains me to say this as I loathe these Lexington lunatics, but they seem to be legit especially at corrupt arena.
They have lots of talent and shoot the threes well and this “Z” giant has all these fans in an uproar. Have to play our best to beat them there.

You just have to hope that Connect (sp hahaha) and ZZZ will be hitting shots because we all know that JJJ will shrink (play scared) and make bonehead plays in big games...

Pains me to say this as I loathe these Lexington lunatics, but they seem to be legit especially at corrupt arena.
They have lots of talent and shoot the threes well and this “Z” giant has all these fans in an uproar. Have to play our best to beat them there.
You funny.

Gonna be hard for the Vols to score with Kentucky I imagine. Ivisic gives the Wildcats more flexibility with their lineup, but I if Aidoo keeps progressing I don't think that's a matchup to particularly concern us. Aidoo has looked really good in the games he wasn't going against a future NBA Center. Aidoo probably has a much higher BMI than Ivisic, as well. Guard play is likely going to determine the Vols/Wilcats games this season.

Yes, big guys like that give us problems. And it’s also Kentucky at Rupp. We’re going to have our hands full. Winning this game would be super sweet.

VN Store

Back