Israel vs Palestinians

Comparing this to protests over Vietnam is a reach. The students at Columbia are protesting the US over an ally. If there was a country Israel would listen to, or reluctantly relent to it would be the US...... But they are not, appears they will not.

Beyond that there isn't much we can do. The Columbia students want the University to divest. And that's fine...... They can ask. But if they are unwilling you have a choice, you can choose what university you want to attend. Do your research.

I find those identifying with Hamas vile, they are a part of the problem. They hold no moral high ground over the staunch Israeli military action supporters.

It's time for adults to end enter the national discussion, if we had solid leadership and effective communicators holding positions of power the climate here would be much more positive.

I'm watching CNN right now and some very good points and questions have been raised.

IMO the powers that be should remove the do rags and masks, take good pictures along with their full names and post for the world and future employers to see. If the handling of this situation was carried out with heavy penalties maybe, just maybe this crap would stop.

IMO the powers that be should remove the do rags and masks, take good pictures along with their full names and post for the world and future employers to see. If the handling of this situation was carried out with heavy penalties maybe, just maybe this crap would stop.

I'm not sure why once arrested each of the maskings to hide their identity weren't removed.

Well that shouldn’t be the goal.

Reclaiming private property that had been violently seized - that was the goal.

CNN is now reporting NYPD did use flash bangs. So I guess you can celebrate that lol 🤷‍♀️

I'm not necessarily referring to physical pain but the fatigue of remaining in custody for a long period of time while smelly and stinky. The shame of being unmasked an identified back home. Expulsion. The fear of potential job opportunity loss. The ones on student visa, deported.

Reactions: Tnslim1

I still think they were stupid and accomplished absolutely nothing.
They accomplished as much as the pre WW1&WW2 anti war, (when the country was actually way more united in sentiment), protesters did.

The only difference is who 'conventional wisdom' says is 100% dead right or wrong with the benefit of selective phrasing and 20/20 hindsight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orangeslice13
I think you've cracked the case wide open, Inspector. They're not just antisemitic, they're grammar Nazis.

View attachment 637779
I thought about this post occassionally yesterday. It made me chuckle everytime. The Hades gif where he cracks wise and gets no love was the perfect exclamation point.

One of my better jokes, imo.

Reactions: jp1 and Vol8188
So he's asking if his military can commit war crimes against the group that committed and continues to commit war crimes against them?

I don't like what happening any more than you do but let's take a step back and look at the entire situation instead of narrowly focusing our outrage.
If you’re at the point of justifying the things Ben Gvir says then you’ve taken way too many steps back

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Nope....your word choice made it exponentially dumber. lol. Good talk, now GTFO.
LOL.

I can't gtfo because no one else will tolerate me. Yall are stuck with me. Sorries.

ETA: I struggled with the word 'grammar' in the joke because the protesters choosing another word in their chant isn't a choice related to grammar. But I couldn't think of an alternate which worked. I hope everyone will overlook my catachresis.

VN Store

Back