It doesn’t work… it never has…

The absolute ceiling for this staff

Great year but yea still got destroyed by Georgia’s defense last year
Hit the ceiling in his second year? Kinda funny, but in this league and after seeing the product this year, I can't rule it out.

Alabama isnt very good either.

After all, they did pad their stats against Chatanooga yesterday.

Don't get me started on those fake jackasses that were in Neyland yesterday. They made their program look good this year by outscoring Ball St and UT Martin 93-10 this year.

Every major program feast on patsies during the season. Its not some astounding anomaly that just affects Heupel and the Vols.

Reactions: Vol8188
I think you might be on to something, OP. You just need comparative data. What you'll need to do is find the stats of another coach in year 3 of a rebuild that followed decades of inept administration and on field performance, the emergence of NIL and the portal etc...then and only then will your theory of he scores more against bad teams earn you that Pullitzer.

Cute post but you won’t find comparative data because NO ONE runs this offense. The closest thing to it was Chip Kelley at Oregon but even he realized it was just a fad that once teams figure it out it can’t win big anymore…

Not only does this offense fail to be successful against good teams it also gets easier to defend as teams get more familiar with the system. Look no further than year 3 at UCF where yea CJH saw a big decline in his programs success

Their defense they weren’t good defensively a year ago

Much improved this year
LOL - You said lesser SEC teams, now you are saying not good defensively. I guess your so called research didn't even bother to check just how good Alabama's defense was last year. Even with us scoring 52 on them, they finished second in the SEC in team defense averaging allowing only 3.9 points per game more than UGA.

Don't let facts get in the way of your opinions.

Well, we've seen it before. Fulmer was never the same after Cut left. Not saying this is what we're seeing, but you can't dismiss it out of hand.

Sure you can.
Golesh ran the O for 2 years and wasn’t the play caller at CFU. This year is a personnel problem. Last year’s offense was the norm and this year is the outlier. Not the other way around.

But again that’s looking at objective evidence free of feelies.

OKLAHOMA

2011 – 512.3 yards per game, No. 5 in total offense (349.4 passing yards, 162.9 rushing yards, 39.5 points per game)

2012 – 497.8 yards per game, No. 12 in total offense (336.5 passing yards, 161.4 rushing yards, 38.2 points per game)

2013 – 423 yards per game, No. 53 in total offense (199.1 passing yards, 223.9 rushing yards, 32.8 points per game)

2014 – 464.7 yards per game, No. 24 in total offense (203.5 passing yards, 261.2 rushing yards, 36.2 points per game)

UTAH STATE

2015 – 370.6 yards per game, No. 93 in total offense (205.5 passing yards, 165.1 rushing yards, 29 points per game)

MISSOURI

2016 – 500.5 yards per game, No. 13 in total offense (295.4 passing yards, 205.1 rushing yards, 31.4 points per game)

2017 – 502.2 yards per game, No. 8 in total offense (308.6 passing yards, 193.5 rushing yards, 37.5 points per game)

CENTRAL FLORIDA

2018 – 522.7 yards per game, No. 5 in total offense (257.5 passing yards, 265.2 rushing yards, 43.2 points per game)

2019 – 540.5 yards per game, No. 2 in total offense (316.7 passing yards, 223.8 rushing yards, 43.4 points per game)

2020 – 568.1 yards per game, No. 2 in total offense (357.4 passing yards, 210 rushing yards, 42.2 points per game)

The facts are the man climbed the ladder running up scores…

79 against Delaware state in 2016 …

72 against Missouri State in 2017
68 against Idaho in 2017

All while getting his hind end whipped when he played the big boys…

Bama and LsU a year ago are his only two good games against good teams…

The scheme sucks against good defenses…

Lmfao so when he had a good team, he scored a lot of points against 2 out of 3 elite teams?

That’s your definition of “doesn’t work”

CJH is supposed to be some offensive genius…. Well he isn’t and never has been..

Hear me out.

I’ve gone back and studied all of his 5 years coaching offense in the SEC(1 game shy) and the results are glaring. The man feast on bad teams, runs up stats and routinely gets embarrassed by the good defenses.

Here are the results when you look at his pts per game against OOC opponents(not counting bowls) vs his pts per games vs 9 win SEC teams…

CJH offenses average 44 pts a game against the lesser SEC teams and OOC opponents.

CJH offenses average 23 pts a game against 9 win SEC teams. (Keep in mind that incudes 52(bama), 45 (Kentucky) and 40(LsU) so without those 3 that’s awful.

So let’s face reality. No QB named Nico is going to make this offensive scheme better. Heck we played one good defense a year ago and were embarrassed with a a very good QB in hooker.

We have a coach that puts up big numbers against bad teams and gets his fat ass whipped against good ones. Always has and always will!
You know the OP is going to same some bs when they put “hear me out”

LOL - You said lesser SEC teams, now you are saying not good defensively. I guess your so called research didn't even bother to check just how good Alabama's defense was last year. Even with us scoring 52 on them, they finished second in the SEC in team defense averaging allowing only 3.9 points per game more than UGA.

Don't let facts get in the way of your opinions.

For the record the bama game was used in the data that looks bad for CJH and his scheme…

So yea that’s a fact

CJH is supposed to be some offensive genius…. Well he isn’t and never has been..

Hear me out.

I’ve gone back and studied all of his 5 years coaching offense in the SEC(1 game shy) and the results are glaring. The man feast on bad teams, runs up stats and routinely gets embarrassed by the good defenses.

Here are the results when you look at his pts per game against OOC opponents(not counting bowls) vs his pts per games vs 9 win SEC teams…

CJH offenses average 44 pts a game against the lesser SEC teams and OOC opponents.

CJH offenses average 23 pts a game against 9 win SEC teams. (Keep in mind that incudes 52(bama), 45 (Kentucky) and 40(LsU) so without those 3 that’s awful.

So let’s face reality. No QB named Nico is going to make this offensive scheme better. Heck we played one good defense a year ago and were embarrassed with a a very good QB in hooker.

We have a coach that puts up big numbers against bad teams and gets his fat ass whipped against good ones. Always has and always will!

Are drunk minors actually allowed to post on here?

Reactions: mackievol
Sure you can.
Golesh ran the O for 2 years and wasn’t the play caller at CFU. This year is a personnel problem. Last year’s offense was the norm and this year is the outlier. Not the other way around.

OKLAHOMA

2011 – 512.3 yards per game, No. 5 in total offense (349.4 passing yards, 162.9 rushing yards, 39.5 points per game)

2012 – 497.8 yards per game, No. 12 in total offense (336.5 passing yards, 161.4 rushing yards, 38.2 points per game)

2013 – 423 yards per game, No. 53 in total offense (199.1 passing yards, 223.9 rushing yards, 32.8 points per game)

2014 – 464.7 yards per game, No. 24 in total offense (203.5 passing yards, 261.2 rushing yards, 36.2 points per game)

UTAH STATE

2015 – 370.6 yards per game, No. 93 in total offense (205.5 passing yards, 165.1 rushing yards, 29 points per game)

MISSOURI

2016 – 500.5 yards per game, No. 13 in total offense (295.4 passing yards, 205.1 rushing yards, 31.4 points per game)

2017 – 502.2 yards per game, No. 8 in total offense (308.6 passing yards, 193.5 rushing yards, 37.5 points per game)

CENTRAL FLORIDA

2018 – 522.7 yards per game, No. 5 in total offense (257.5 passing yards, 265.2 rushing yards, 43.2 points per game)

2019 – 540.5 yards per game, No. 2 in total offense (316.7 passing yards, 223.8 rushing yards, 43.4 points per game)

2020 – 568.1 yards per game, No. 2 in total offense (357.4 passing yards, 210 rushing yards, 42.2 points per game)
@BruinVol doesn’t work hmmm……

6 out of 10 of his seasons as either a coordinator or HC he has averaged more them 500 yards per game. This year is a personel problem not a scheme problem.

Yall boys need to buckle up because heupel is about to start feeling the heat. The armchair spectators don’t understand how angry the base and the boosters are right now.
I’m sure you have inside info to back this stupid statement up.

My entire premise is this offensive scheme isn’t equipped to consistently put us successful stats against good defenses… my numbers prove it.

Couple that with the built in stress this offense puts on our defense it means we are never winning an SEC east title much less a conference title with CJH. There is no such thing as complimentary football with this scheme
Agree that Heupel will never win an SEC title. In fact, no Vol Coach EVER will. Especially since there is no SEC East anymore 😂

@BruinVol doesn’t work hmmm……

6 out of 10 of his seasons as either a coordinator or HC he has averaged more them 500 yards per game. This year is a personel problem not a scheme problem.

It’s post like this that sound good.. and sure it means something BUT let’s take CJH first year at Mizzu when he was making a name for himself in the SEC. He hung 79 on deleware state in a 79-0(698 yards) beat down. He then scored 7 late pts to lose 42-7 against LSU and scored 14 in the second half against Florida to lose 42-14!!!!!

So yea in those 3 games he averaged a solid 442 yards a game. So the overall pts and yards stats can be very misleading

Im absolutely convinced the pts per game stat is the only reason CJH attempted the two fgs the last two weeks.
Both attempts were extremely embarrassing and dumb..

Reactions: Big Orange in Bama
Sure you can.

OKLAHOMA

UTAH STATE

MISSOURI

CENTRAL FLORIDA

Silly me. I didn't know he was such an accomplished head coach. Moves around a lot tho.

It’s post like this that sound good.. and sure it means something BUT let’s take CJH first year at Mizzu when he was making a name for himself in the SEC. He hung 79 on deleware state in a 79-0(698 yards) beat down. He then scored 7 late pts to lose 42-7 against LSU and scored 14 in the second half against Florida to lose 42-14!!!!!

So yea in those 3 games he averaged a solid 442 yards a game. So the overall pts and yards stats can be very misleading

Im absolutely convinced the pts per game stat is the only reason CJH attempted the two fgs the last two weeks.
Both attempts were extremely embarrassing and dumb..
I agree with you that average yards do not always result in points and do believe Heup needs to look at his red zone scheme in the off season but to say his scheme doesn't work is just not something I agree with.

Last edited:
I agree with you that average yards do not always result in points and do believe Heup needs to look at his red zone scheme in the off season but to say his scheme doesn't work is just not Something I agree With.

I respect that. The overall topic was a little over the top especially considering I want to keep CJH

I just don’t think the scheme can ever “work”
Good enough against the big boys to win the east and the numbers prove that to me

Hear me out.

This post is embarrassing. "Give up on 2024, we suck". Please log off

VN Store

Back