It wasn't FL that beat us...it was us.

You better get used to being undisciplined under Heupel. His teams at UCF were some of the most penalized teams in the country. Like not just bad, but really bad.

NCAA rankings for most penalties in a game:
2018-101
2019-125
2020-123

Sorry but false starts, 9 players on the field for a return, and balls bouncing off receivers hands have nothing to do with the Gators talent level.
The game may have been closer, but we lose even if those things don't happen; our D is not at the level to sustain success for 4 quarters against them and several others in the SEC at this point. BTW, we scored a TD on the drive after the punt with no return man on the field.

FL did not play us as tough as I would have imagined. They capitalized on our mistakes. You will never win when you give FL 30 yards based on penalties. All on stupid stuff that should never have happened. Missed and dropped passes are not good either. Any team that is close to FL's level will be hard for us to beat. They will readily see our weaknesses and take full advantage.
I want some of the BS juice your drinking.

Reactions: QU1ZE
I want someone on this board to explain to me why Heupel put Milton in the game instead of Harrison Bailey.

Because he's not good enough? JG, Shrout, Mauer all transferred out and he couldn't beat out Hooker who came in this spring and Milton who came in this summer? How do you explain that?

The game may have been closer, but we lose even if those things don't happen; our D is not at the level to sustain success for 4 quarters against them and several others in the SEC at this point. BTW, we scored a TD on the drive after the punt with no return man on the field.

I am not saying the Vols were in position to win the game but, at some point, these players and coaches have to stop shooting themselves in the foot.

Otherwise they will never be in position to win these kind of games.

And there is no telling how the defense responds if the offense keeps putting points on the board.

It gets demoralizing watching repeated missed opportunities on one side of the ball.

I am not saying the Vols were in position to win the game but, at some point, these players and coaches have to stop shooting themselves in the foot.

Otherwise they will never be in position to win these kind of games.

And there is no telling how the defense responds if the offense keeps putting points on the board.

It gets demoralizing watching repeated missed opportunities on one side of the ball.
I can't argue with any of that. It's frustrating for sure, but besides all the overthrows by Milton, there were very few mistakes that truly hurt us. Florida had a few mistakes of their own.

Reactions: JonGrudensAgent
I can't argue with any of that. It's frustrating for sure, but besides all the overthrows by Milton, there were very few mistakes that truly hurt us. Florida had a few mistakes of their own.

Yeah. I dont think FL should take anything away from their performance.

Guess they can chalk it up to TN is gonna be TN with the screw ups and a Bama hangover.

I dont see them hanging with UGA right now

3rd down & 8 in the early 3rd qtr. Hooker passes to a wide-open Calloway on the right. Ball hits him in the hands & drops it. Nothing but a TD after that. I'm so tired of this crap. I had to turn the game off after that.
That’s the moment this one turned and was lost. Then more mistakes just made it uglier.

Reactions: HoopCreekVol
Realistically, UT should have gotten a Field goal before halftime and another TD on offense. Maybe with the added time we burn we can hold Florida out of the endzone on their last td and the final score is 24-31. You feel better that you lose a 1 score game against a quality opponent but unfortunately Tennessee made to many errors and penalties.

FL did not play us as tough as I would have imagined. They capitalized on our mistakes. You will never win when you give FL 30 yards based on penalties. All on stupid stuff that should never have happened. Missed and dropped passes are not good either. Any team that is close to FL's level will be hard for us to beat. They will readily see our weaknesses and take full advantage.
It would have been a closer game but we still would have lost. We don't have depth, and to many injuries to key players. It is what it is right now.

I will agree we lost either way…but 3 wide open touchdown drops and one over throw would have left us feeling better about the game. QB and receivers have got to step up..

injuries and depth has me concerned. We just don’t have the man power once we have injuries. Baron, young, and cooper getting hurt changed the momentum bad. Then Hooker late in game.

I will agree we lost either way…but 3 wide open touchdown drops and one over throw would have left us feeling better about the game. QB and receivers have got to step up..

injuries and depth has me concerned. We just don’t have the man power once we have injuries. Baron, young, and cooper getting hurt changed the momentum bad. Then Hooker late in game.

Agreed. The WRs have been very underwhelming to say the least. They are not that consistent at catching the ball. Hyatt has been a huge disappointment so far. QB play hasn’t been good either but how much better would it look if we didn’t have one of the highest drop rates in the country?

This game showed how bad our depth really is. Not only how bad in quantity but quality as well. Think about it. Cooper Mays gets hurt and this offense sinks like a stone. It should be very clear the shape Pruitt left this program in.

Reactions: TNTodd
Florida manhandled Tennessee. We have no real SEC quarterback and no depth on the offensive line. We have no elite skill players. Florida has all the things we don't have.
Sorry but Hooker did enough to keep us in this game and every QB is going to over throw his man from time to time.
Can't put this one on him.

Reactions: OHvol40
We wouldn't have won, but to get better you can't beat yourself. Tennessee actually hung in well and played them toe to toe in first half pretty much. Calloway's drop was huge, we got a little worn down at the end. If we make the open throw and the catch the other we probably lose by 14-17. But it is important to do them little things we have to keep improving we got winnable games if we do. If folks want to complain about our faults I have no problem with that but bringing up the last decade blah blah we will never win again crap is just old. We got to keep looking ahead, keep fighting to improve on the easy things. Beating a opponent is hard enough you have to make plays when they are there for the making. We can get better, we have did some things well at times too. We have winnable games left on the table if we become a hungry more disiplined team and learn how to make the easy plays. GBO!!!!!

Agreed. The WRs have been very underwhelming to say the least. They are not that consistent at catching the ball. Hyatt has been a huge disappointment so far. QB play hasn’t been good either but how much better would it look if we didn’t have one of the highest drop rates in the country?

This game showed how bad our depth really is. Not only how bad in quantity but quality as well. Think about it. Cooper Mays gets hurt and this offense sinks like a stone. It should be very clear the shape Pruitt left this program in.
Bad part about it, these weren't bullet passes from Milton. Those passes were money... I can't understand why these guys can not catch a ball. I mean yeah stuff happens and you drop one from time to time but these guys are dropping way more easy passes than they should and that's a problem

Bad part about it, these weren't bullet passes from Milton. Those passes were money... I can't understand why these guys can not catch a ball. I mean yeah stuff happens and you drop one from time to time but these guys are dropping way more easy passes than they should and that's a problem

Completely agree with you. Me and my buddy were watching and it’s like how can you not catch those? Like you said, it wasn’t lasers coming from Milton. Hooker put good placement on those balls. That one to Calloway may have went for a TD. I just don’t get it.

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
Completely agree with you. Me and my buddy were watching and it’s like how can you not catch those? Like you said, it wasn’t lasers coming from Milton. Hooker put good placement on those balls. That one to Calloway may have went for a TD. I just don’t get it.
Hooker did his part IMO.
I think the TE Warren and Jones needs to be the go to guys as far as passing goes, chances are those two are at least going to catch and move the ball..

VN Store

Back