It's time for a change

I don't think she has the talent to win most SEC games there are about six seven teams with comparable talent. A&M has three former 5 star players. Miss St has as much talent as we do with a top center and point guard and a two guard with a lot of experience. Ole Miss the same several portal transfers players that were very proven with their former teams. Alabama has a five star center even though she is a freshman with Nye and the Co player of the week this past week. Then of course Sc and LSU both loaded. To say we have more than any of these six teams is false. People keep using this as a talking point yet the SEC is rated the third best conference in the nation in women's basketball and just a fraction of a percent out of the second spot. Plus we've played with mostly a nine player rotation since SEC play began.

Fans just expect more than can be delivered with the talent that she has on this and former teams. She has done an average job recruiting got a couple good players and a star player out of the portal. Overall team talent isn't where she can dominate any of the six teams I mentioned above. Two are far better and four would be favored when we played them at their place and a few points underdog when we play them at home. The consensus is Bama is a three to four point favorite tomorrow night. If we were as talented as some keep saying no way that line would be available . It gets so tiring for people to act like she has the talent to just take out the SEC with no problem. Her problem is now and has been since she has been here and the last three years that Holly was here recruiting.

So posters can keep harping on this and that type of coaching not going to continue to answer these post. Try them on someone else. The problem she has is recruiting to the level needed to play night after night at a high level in the SEC. She has tried to get the players she needs been close with a lot of them, but other than Rickea, Jewel Spear, none of any exceptional talent have not come here. Still at this point we’re in second place in the SEC. Don't think we'll be able to stay there, but still a possibility.
And recruiting is a problem and it’s on her we have some slow players that can’t play defense your post sounds about right

And recruiting is a problem and it’s on her we have some slow players that can’t play defense your post sounds about right
I agree with this, but what I’ll say is I think she knows that now. From the players I’ve seen that she’s offered recently, they are more athletic players that can actually play. But only time will tell if they come here and if not whats the backup plan.

Yall are gonna think this is crazy, but I think we should take a good look at Kellie Rae Finley and Brooke Wycoff

I think both can really coach and are showing they can really recruit as well. Finley signed a really nice player at Florida. Better than anything Harper has ever signed.

Finley’s teams are well balanced, run good plays and take advantage of mismatches. Even with a limited/half injured roster. She has won a whole bunch of games she had no business winning the last few season. Especially after she had to take over on short notice.

Wycoff is intense, has great guard play and her teams looks really fit and aggressive.

Both have long careers ahead of them and could be a great fit culture wise.

Seems like we have relied on the portal to get our better players and I so not think you can build a championship team without one or two 4-5 star players from the high school ranks. Team chemistry is an important factor in winning teams. I thought she was a Perry good coach, but this year, I see a lot o standing around against zone defenses, and not enough speed to play good man. Lack of speed may also be a major problem in our offenses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deebowbear
Seems like we have relied on the portal to get our better players and I so not think you can build a championship team without one or two 4-5 star players from the high school ranks. team chemistry is an important fat is winning teams. I thought she was a Perry good coach, but this year, I see a lot o standing around against zone defenses, and not enough speed to play good man. Lack of speed may also be a major problem in our offenses.
SC has 8 MCDonalds AA's
IJS

SC has 8 MCDonalds AA's
IJS
I have always realized that that those who have the best horses usually win the race. That is true in every athletic contest. The key has always been high school recruiting And now trying to fill a gap with the portal. Think of what our record would be if we had not picked up the players we have the last 2-3 years in the portal. I know we use NIL resources to attract championship type -layers.

Last edited:
Yall are gonna think this is crazy, but I think we should take a good look at Kellie Rae Finley and Brooke Wycoff

I think both can really coach and are showing they can really recruit as well. Finley signed a really nice player at Florida. Better than anything Harper has ever signed.

Finley’s teams are well balanced, run good plays and take advantage of mismatches. Even with a limited/half injured roster. She has won a whole bunch of games she had no business winning the last few season. Especially after she had to take over on short notice.

Wycoff is intense, has great guard play and her teams looks really fit and aggressive.

Both have long careers ahead of them and could be a great fit culture wise.
I like Oklahoma’s coach I’d forgot about her

Tennessee is currently #3 in SEC Standings. That is just as good or better than the Men's team right now. It is a hard sell to fire her. Definitely her OOC performance can improve but let's wait until Tournament time to see how the Lady Vols perform.

It seems like Kelly does great in SEC play but loses way too many OOC games most years. That tends to be her problem. We seem to do alright in Tournament but we haven't made a Final Four or done anything great so far with Harper as well.

She has been fairly mediocre to date. Well that may not be fair, she is above average across the nation but definitely not a top 20 program right now.

Tennessee is currently #3 in SEC Standings. That is just as good or better than the Men's team right now. It is a hard sell to fire her. Definitely her OOC performance can improve but let's wait until Tournament time to see how the Lady Vols perform.

It seems like Kelly does great in SEC play but loses way too many OOC games most years. That tends to be her problem. We seem to do alright in Tournament but we haven't made a Final Four or done anything great so far with Harper as well.

She has been fairly mediocre to date. Well that may not be fair, she is above average across the nation but definitely not a top 20 program right now.
across the nation matters little to a TN fan
It's the program's status here and home that matters to the LV fan

With all due respect, that's an apples-to-oranges comparison. One program has been to 18 final fours while the other has never been to one. The heritage will always dictate the expectations at TN.. and third place won't cut it.

across the nation matters little to a TN fan
It's the program's status here and home that matters to the LV fan

They are still in the top 3-4 in the SEC based on what I am seeing.

Issue with Harper, as I point out, she doesn't win those early season OOC matchups.

Would Nell Fortner be a good fit for LVS coach with the right assistants
Nell Fortner has taken exactly one team ever to the Sweet 16, and never past that. Her teams have made the NCAA tournament in less than 50% of her seasons. Her current team is tied for 13th place in the ACC.

In her three seasons in the WNBA, only one made the playoffs.

Men are Top 6 team and #2 seed projection. No need to compare, all things aren’t equal.

Reactions: volmanNC

VN Store

Back