It's very evident after tonight.

Offense is the worst I have ever seen if we had any type of offense weare in the game and prob win it... Our defense is dang good but can't keep it up because the offense sucks butt so bad that they can't even get a breather... We should call the offense 3 and out because that is all they do!!!!!! I will always be a vol but dang it's hard to believe butch on being patient when the offense sucks out loud and the play calling sucks out loud!!!!!!

its funny this f'n town worships ut football charges unreal prices etc yet when they hire a coach they don't spend any money ...ut deserves this horrible football ...and this great recruiting people talk about sure doesn't show up on the field ...we have been young for the last 5 yeras

Are you kidding me right now, this team wasn't young last year that's why we have the problems with the line that we have. We have had some ok recruiting classes (in the 20s) up until this first one Butch was really able to put together. You have to understand what Ole Miss did it has taken 4 years to do. Butch is great and all but no one can rebuild a whole team, who was completely destroyed by the past 2 coaches in just 1 and a half seasons.

Reactions: 1 person
It's evident that we are playing 22 true freshmen, including 2 on the offensive line.

It's evident that we have a mediocre QB that is not an SEC caliber QB.

It's evident that we still have talent deficiencies and depth deficiencies on both sides of the ball.

It's evident that we are playing the #3 team in the country with one of the top defenses in the country.

Look I know everyone is tired of hearing but it is what it is right now. I know it's frustrating. I know everyone is sick of losing. However we have GOT to maintain perspective folks. We WILL see all the hard work pay off. We've been patient for the last 6 years. We only need to be patient a little while longer.

Reactions: 10 people
I remember Dooley saying how much the team was improving but they just lacked the "external indicators" of that progress. Meaning the scoreboard.

Oh those pesky "external indicators".

Reactions: 2 people
Offense is the worst I have ever seen if we had any type of offense weare in the game and prob win it... Our defense is dang good but can't keep it up because the offense sucks butt so bad that they can't even get a breather... We should call the offense 3 and out because that is all they do!!!!!! I will always be a vol but dang it's hard to believe butch on being patient when the offense sucks out loud and the play calling sucks out loud!!!!!!

Het, its hard to win with nothing but the exact same read option plays, screen passes, badly timed double reverses, 2 yard runs and no deep ball threat. We are in deep $hit, may need a serious winch to get out too.

It isn't customary for a team to get WORSE as a season carries on. Especially young players. If injuries at key positions were ravaging us that would be one thing, but our young players clearly are regressing.

Your logic is flawed. If a team is supposed to get better as the season progresses, wouldn't every team get better? Therefore no change in the result if two teams played in week 1 vs week 8.

Also, to say "our young players are clearly regressing" is also wrong. You can put a lot of this game's downfalls on Worley's poor decisions. A lot of it is also that our competition now is clearly tougher than our competition from week 1.

Seriously, just get out.

True. Our freshmen play like freshmen. Nick Chubb is a freshman and plays like a junior.

The easiest position on the football field for a true freshman to adjust to is running back. Just learn the plays and learn to pass protect.

The O - line for UGA and their q.b. will do the rest. So, there are any number of freshmen in this country that can succeed as starters at running back.

How many sacks did Chattanooga get against our offense? We only win vs. Extremely bad teams. It is very scary to say the least. Our line (and QB as of late) have kept us out of all of our losses. Butch really needs to find help coaching our crap offense. Worley has been a interception throwing machine.

Who bout we have some huge d-linemen running at you won't be able to make a perfect throw at all most likely what Worley has been able to do is amazing taking in account all the hits he has taken.

I don't think this is fair.

1. We are by far the youngest team in the nation.

2. The strech of teams we play in 0ct/Nov is by far the hardest we see all season and you cannot judge this staff based off of these few games. Wait and see how we do down the stretch as a whole. Its hard to say hey we beat UTC but the #3 team is killing us wtf?

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I am judging the coaching staff based on losing a Georgia game we should have won, but were simply not willing to even think about taking a chance. For not beating a Florida team that laid down for 3 quarters, and we still can't put the ball in the end zone one time. I see our team tonight, and we are not getting better, we are getting worse. Even last year, there were times when I thought on a given day we can play with anyone. This year, I have not had that feeling at all. I feel like defensively we are solid, but our team as a whole is a 2nd tier div ia team. How can it get better next year with absolutely no answer in sight at qb? Jones will probably start Peterman next year. With no qb, we still probably score 9 against Florida. Where does that leave us?

If he can make it until 2016, I do have lofty aspirations, but that is a long way off. he's gonna need to win some games to make it to 2016.

This team is digressing. The only way a coach can keep the fan base energized and unified, while asking them to be patient and trust the process, is if the fans see progress by the team and the coaching staff on the field. "Be patient" and "trust the process" wears thin without the onfield progress.

The word is regressing.

Your logic is flawed. If a team is supposed to get better as the season progresses, wouldn't every team get better? Therefore no change in the result if two teams played in week 1 vs week 8.

Also, to say "our young players are clearly regressing" is also wrong. You can put a lot of this game's downfalls on Worley's poor decisions. A lot of it is also that our competition now is clearly tougher than our competition from week 1.

Seriously, just get out.

Since you're the board czar here and are just ordering me out...oh wise one, explain to me how we managed to play so well against OU and UGA but now we can't even find the end zone when UF gift wraps us turnovers in the red zone?

Yeah, I'm the one who's off base. Served.

Our fans are digressing ...the team is trying
Im sorry are we watching the same game our d is the only one trying and honestly think they are tired of trying whats the point you give your all and offence cant do their part!!

This whole offensive staff is f'in garbage. Call me a nega, whatever, but I've seen enough from these idiots to tell me they aren't SEC caliber.

You might as well say "Fire Jones". It is his system. They're following his gameplan and scheme.

Noire nega vols, only vols and trolls at this point ! What a disappointing effort
By qb1 , Hurd do great , Oline can't flip a stunt for chit!

You guys are a trip. This team is doing no worse than all of your pre-season expectations...but butch cant coach.

We have a nationally ranked d...but butch cant coach.

We commit very few penalties...but butch cant coach.

We have a team that does not give up...but butch cant coach.

Barnett is a stud and cam is pro ready now...but butchs recruits arent ready lije chubb, etc

Relax...we are who we thought wed be. We are actually better than expected on d. We have zero depth. Keep bringing in the bodies, especially on d and we will be ok.

Reactions: 5 people
We are regressing on offense. No doubt. An yes I know ole miss is a great defensive team

its funny this f'n town worships ut football charges unreal prices etc yet when they hire a coach they don't spend any money ...ut deserves this horrible football ...and this great recruiting people talk about sure doesn't show up on the field ...we have been young for the last 5 yeras

Except we're paying $3mil/yr for this garbage which is way overpaying.

VN Store

Back