IU losing more than games

Clarencepeabody,690,000 for airfare.Just consider who was the last gov. of Indiana ( "the numbers have flattened")Pence.Math isn't taught in the Hoosier state.

Reactions: bray2milton
$690K for air travel? Did they fly to J'Ville via Bejing? If 150 people flew, that would be $4600/person. If 300 flew, that would be $2300 per person. You can charter a 737 for about $17000 per hour and it will accommodate 300 people. Are you telling me that they would have to charter a 737 for over 40 hours to get from Bloomington to J'Ville round trip (round trip flight time = 4 hrs)? I don't think so. IU needs an audit.
Looks like a slush fund to me...over charge and school gets "donations" back from booking entities. Same logic as above...if team is there for 5 days w/ 150 head count, that's $450 per person per day in food.
Nearly $2 million of those expenses were for the football team specifically, with the most costly line item being travel. Flights to Jacksonville, Fla., cost $690,333, plus there was another $145,406 in ground travel.

Meals were the next biggest expense at $337,236. Hotel costs amounted to $219,240. Uniforms and bowl apparel were a nearly quarter-of-a-million-dollar expense, at $249,150.

There was also a $110,930 expense for awards, which includes commemorative rings for players in the game.

IU’s band and cheerleading team accounted for a combined $174,262 in expenses, including $156,272 for IU’s Marching Hundred.

None of those travel numbers make any sense, unless they all flew first class and stayed at a Four Seasons.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
None of those travel numbers make any sense, unless they all flew first class and stayed at a Four Seasons.

Indiana stayed at the Omni on Amelia Island. There aren't many discounts given knowing the payout the schools receive.

VN Store

Back