IU-UT

That onside kick was a freaking masterpiece. Brooks has serious talent at those. Seems like we tried a few last year and just missed on them but his kicks were always near perfect.
I thought that the way EG fielded the kick was a masterpiece also. Perfect on both parts and one if the most beautiful plays I’ve ever seen.

Another dipstick that blames the QB for everything and never looks at the overall picture.
Qb is most important position on the team. Their decisions can make or break a team. At the beginning of the season the team didn’t have one bright spot. Then as it went on the defense started playing better, and the offense didn’t really improve all that much. I think it’s completely fair to say that a lot of our problems this season came from qb struggles.

Agreed. The problem is we’re in year 3 of Pruitt and we still have no confidence in our QB. Typically by this point you can at least develop a walk-on to perform better than a guy like JG (no offense to him God bless his heart).

My biggest complaint about Pruitt so far, is that his program hasn't actually developed a single QB yet.

No true starters, and no dependable backups, and that's 100% on his coaching methodology at this point.

Reactions: 1vol8
My biggest complaint about Pruitt so far, is that his program hasn't actually developed a single QB yet.

No true starters, and no dependable backups, and that's 100% on his coaching methodology at this point.
That's too much. He has only been here two seasons, Harrison Bailey will be the first real test of how a QB develops under Pruitt and his staff. Not fair to hold Guarantano's play 100% against the current staff, when he was every bit as erratic under the previous staff.

That's too much. He has only been here two seasons, Harrison Bailey will be the first real test of how a QB develops under Pruitt and his staff. Not fair to hold Guarantano's play 100% against the current staff, when he was every bit as erratic under the previous staff.

There's no excuse to see the lack of development at QB that we've seen. We have literally zero true starters as of the end of 2019, and no functional backups, because our starter can never get off the field to give them any playing time. Yet last spring we saw zero competition, and the bulk of the 1st team reps go to JG, and how'd that turn out for us? We started the season 0-3, and tossed in an unprepared true freshman until he was concussed and couldn't play. For all of this talk of Harrison Bailey, whom I do not doubt has a considerable amount of talent, without development it will be wasted, as there are very few QBs that enter DI football 100% ready to play, and even fewer that do so in the SEC.

Who plays and when, and who gets practice reps, that's all on Pruitt in the end. He's the HC going into his third year, there's no more blaming Butch for the lack of QB development over the last two seasons.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
The "another" part of that quote is you
You strike me as a guy who puts a Lambo body kit on a Toyota Corolla and tries to convince everyone its a real Lamborghini even though everyone can tell its just a basic piece of sh1t that has no place among actual Lamborghini's..

Qb is most important position on the team. Their decisions can make or break a team. At the beginning of the season the team didn’t have one bright spot. Then as it went on the defense started playing better, and the offense didn’t really improve all that much. I think it’s completely fair to say that a lot of our problems this season came from qb struggles.
Then it should also be fair to say that the QB position played well enough to win 8 games, finish 3rd in the east, bowl victory, SEC road victories and come from behind victories, something we hadn't done in several seasons of late. You can't put all the bad on 1 guy and never give him credit for the good. It's a team sport, our defense struggled at times last year, our OL struggled at times last year, our running game stunk all of last year and yes our QB play was sporadic from bad to good, yet somehow we finished with a long winning streak and positive momentum going into this year. I like where we are as a team and that includes the QB position.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
You strike me as a guy who puts a Lambo body kit on a Toyota Corolla and tries to convince everyone its a real Lamborghini even though everyone can tell its just a basic piece of sh1t that has no place among actual Lamborghini's..
Reminds me of your posts.

Agreed. The problem is we’re in year 3 of Pruitt and we still have no confidence in our QB. Typically by this point you can at least develop a walk-on to perform better than a guy like JG (no offense to him God bless his heart).
We have one of the best QB rooms in the conference based on experience and talent. Only the neverJG crowd is that concerned with QB play. I doubt Pruitt is concerned at all with the talent we have in the QB room.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
We have one of the best QB rooms in the conference based on experience and talent. Only the neverJG crowd is that concerned with QB play. I doubt Pruitt is concerned at all with the talent we have in the QB room.

JG is a 4 year guy that can’t compete at this level. Maurer has talent but seems to be concussion prone. The coaches don’t trust Shrout enough to just let him play. And we have a freshman with a lot of potential. If that’s “one of the best QB rooms” then the SEC really does have a down year for QBs.

JG is a 4 year guy that can’t compete at this level. Maurer has talent but seems to be concussion prone. The coaches don’t trust Shrout enough to just let him play. And we have a freshman with a lot of potential. If that’s “one of the best QB rooms” then the SEC really does have a down year for QBs.
This horse has been ridden hard and put away wet for a number of years. JG was the most talented QB recryited n the last 5 years until HB came in this year. JG has had at least three different QB coaches and sometimes has made some wrong decisions. He has had his good days and bad days. He has the most experience and we all wish he could play as well as he did against Auburn a couple of years ago. In addition, many of the bad plays which occurred when he was the QB were the result of very poor play by the Oline, missed blocks by the running backs and tight ends, droppedpasses by the wide receivers, and maybe even bad plays called by the coaches. I think we all hope that playing under the same OC, he will be more consistent this year and that HB will progress enough to gain valuable experience as the years progresses. If JG continuess to have problems this year, it will likely be because he is does not have the "right stuff, to win a championship. If he dones't, I think HB will be able to lead the team very well. It appears that we will have more very good talent arriving and that our QB future will be in very good hands. Bashing players rarely leads to success.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Another dipstick that blames the QB for everything and never looks at the overall picture.
You of all people have some real nerve to say any of this. If what you call the “never JG guys” are “dipsticks” because they “never look at the overall picture” wouldn’t that make you a “dipstick” about Maurer? Have I not been arguing the SAME EXACT POINT against you this entire time, trying my hardest to get you to look at the entire picture? Not ONCE have you considered underlying facts. I don’t expect you to respond to this because what can you say besides “I’m a dipstick/ hypocrite”? You’re a joke man.

Uhh well have you rewatched that game? Thank goodness Indiana’s defense had bricks for hands..... we should have been destroyed in that game thanks to very poor QB decisions by JG.

Our defense played pretty much lights out the entire game.

Our defense played pretty much lights out the entire game.
Rewatching the game, it was neat all the different ways we schemed up pressure when we needed it. Those last 2 drives were scary though. Got to get better at keeping everything in front and not giving up chunk plays when we drop 7 or 8.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Rewatching the game, it was neat all the different ways we schemed up pressure when we needed it. Those last 2 drives were scary though. Got to get better at keeping everything in front and not giving up chunk plays when we drop 7 or 8.
Yeah. But Atleast they finished the game and that’s really all the matters.

VN Store

Back