J Jennings moved to WR

CLshLpfWUAAie32.jpg

JJ definitely has some ups and can high point the ball well. He appears to have the right attitude about him being a team player. I hope he does well at what ever position he plays on the team.

JJ definitely has some ups and can high point the ball well. He appears to have the right attitude about him being a team player. I hope he does well at what ever position he plays on the team.

If nothing else this year he provides depth, depth, depth.

Like DeBord said. The kid is just a freak athlete. He played QB because he was the best player and person for the job but he is much more talented at WR. Imagine if he had played receiver 2-3 years on a bigger team. The kid would be highly rated. I still believe he could help on defense as well. Those types of skills at safety plus the aggression I saw in the CoL drill makes me think he is a utility player but right now lets keep him at WR. :)

Reactions: 1 person
and since were on a thigh kick this week, he looks like hes got good weight in his lower body for that height, esp for a freshman. not slight of build like most guys fresh out of hs

He really is. Considering all the praise he's gotten these first few practices, I'm excited to see him on the field.

hard to overstate the sacrifice of his lifelong dream of playing qb for the greater good of the team imo

hard to overstate the sacrifice of his lifelong dream of playing qb for the greater good of the team imo

I heard Swain talking about him one day this week. Said he saw him catching balls on campus this summer and told him he better not let the coaches see that or he'll be playing wide receiver.

Reactions: 3 people
I heard Swain talking about him one day this week. Said he saw him catching balls on campus this summer and told him he better not let the coaches see that or he'll be playing wide receiver.
i remember that now that you mention it, if our ol can improve just a little we are going to be hard to handle

I really had concerns at our future at WR with Preston as our only real WR recruit last year. Now we could be set with a strong group of underclassmen!

Williams - Frosh
Jennings - Frosh
Malone - Soph
Smith - RS Soph

I'll be interested to see how Jennings reacts to getting hit by an SEC defense.

Carl Pickens Part II.

+100

You stole my Thunder. Definitely reminds me of Pickens, and James Banks before he got jammed up with the whacky tobacky. Remember, Banks was slated to be the starting safety going into the 2004 season after doing very well at receiver.

+100

You stole my Thunder. Definitely reminds me of Pickens, and James Banks before he got jammed up with the whacky tobacky. Remember, Banks was slated to be the starting safety going into the 2004 season after doing very well at receiver.

I don't remember his move to safety...not suggesting you are wrong but that sounds like a silly coaching move considering his success at WR

I don't remember his move to safety...not suggesting you are wrong but that sounds like a silly coaching move considering his success at WR

Yes, he was practicing at strong safety and was slated to start before getting into trouble and getting booted. At the time we had plenty of depth at WR including Meachem, Smith, and Swain. Safety depth was lacking. Plus, his production had dropped off at WR late in the season in 2003.

Yes, he was practicing at strong safety and was slated to start before getting into trouble and getting booted. At the time we had plenty of depth at WR including Meachem, Smith, and Swain. Safety depth was lacking. Plus, his production had dropped off at WR late in the season in 2003.

Ok but those guys had proven zero on the field before the 2004 season....didn't really do much that season either. Odd to move your most dynamic playmaker from the previous season...just found an article where it suggests the move in the tag line but can't access it. You are bringing knowledge early on a Saturday

Last edited:
Gerald jones was also a freakishly athletic qb in high school who turned out to be a solid wr for us. Jauan was also really good on the basketball court maybe coach Barnes should give butch a call.

http://youtu.be/XqkHjrPW1Cw

I really had concerns at our future at WR with Preston as our only real WR recruit last year. Now we could be set with a strong group of underclassmen!

Williams - Frosh
Jennings - Frosh
Malone - Soph
Smith - RS Soph
This Smith and Malone have both been impressing me in the drills we have seen. Sucks that Williams has been held out but I'm hoping he can at least get some practices in if nothing else this season and prepare for a great 2016. Our depth is good. Let's hope no injuries occur to ruin it.

Gerald jones was also a freakishly athletic qb in high school who turned out to be a solid wr for us. Jauan was also really good on the basketball court maybe coach Barnes should give butch a call.

http://youtu.be/XqkHjrPW1Cw

Nice get. I remember that play. Kid is a freak athletically with the right mindset/attitude. Assuming he stays healthy, he's gonna be an all-time great at Tennessee and we'll get to watch him on Sundays for a long time. Kudos to Butch for getting him to stay home.

VN Store

Back