Jabari Small comments on Josh Heupel and coaching staff

Sara Clark

FEXCi_8X0Ac177U

I believe every word he's saying because I see it on the field. These guys really look like they want to be there, don't want to let down their teammates, and don't quit when things don't go their way. Regardless of what happens regarding wins and losses, this is my favorite UT team in a long time.

If you basically think you are better than the current players you have on the team it will show, and they will not respond to you. Heupel has done a great job of motivating this team to accomplish its goals, not next year's team, or the team after that! This is not a throw away year, and it is not a throw away team, and they've played like it every week, and that's on the coach! He's genuinely having a good time, and so are they!

2 weeks ago, I had the opportunity to listen in on a conversation between a former Vol and a certain WR on this year’s squad and he had nothing but good things to say about Heupel, REALLY good things. It’s very obvious, at least from this player, that they really enjoy playing for this staff. His exact words were, “Coach Heup is real man, It’s easy to play hard for him!”
He had more to say but that really stood out to me and stuck with me.
GBO!!

I believe every word he's saying because I see it on the field. These guys really look like they want to be there, don't want to let down their teammates, and don't quit when things don't go their way. Regardless of what happens regarding wins and losses, this is my favorite UT team in a long time.
Yep! Agreed

This could've been a throw away season for any coaching staff that took over at UT. Told the fan base we're rebuilding and just gone through this season trying to find itself. CJH, it seems, knew what he had and has gotten the most he could, out of a team that had been leaderless for so long.

This could've been a throw away season for any coaching staff that took over at UT. Told the fan base we're rebuilding and just gone through this season trying to find itself. CJH, it seems, knew what he had and has gotten the most he could, out of a team that had been leaderless for so long.
Excellent post. The rebuilding excuse was used by the previous 3 occupants of that position. It now seems that we have a staff that can actually coach players up.

VN Store

Back