Jackson Lampley a Tennessee favorite already

This year's team could beat him to the punch.

I've got no problem with recruits helping recruit players. I would encourage others to do the same.

Reactions: 1 person
Well, Stallworth brought the running back to U T with him but he ended up playing at Oregon after failing multiple drug tests
Peerless Price brought Andy McCullough. Daniel Brooks brought the Q B was more interested in tennis than football
Da Rick Rogers brought a Q B with him
Heath Shuler brought his brother
Players recruit their high school team mates or others that they meet at a football camp all the time

Bo Hardegree must have been plenty interested in football. He's the qb coach for the dolphins, and has always been a guy who's career path was more on the coaching side.

He's got a bright future ahead of him as a coach and thats a good thing for the vol program.

Just like Jim bob Cooter, his value as a vol can't be assessed by on field production.

Guys like Bo Hardegree represent our university better than most.

Reactions: 3 people
And as I step off the field for the final time, my thoughts will be of the line, and of the line, and of the line.

*No apologies to Douglas MacArthur.

Reactions: 2 people
Jones is a petulant ass who can't coach a lick.

And people like you just want to endlessly stomp the man while he's down and not give him an ounce of credit for what he did manage to do. Folks like you is why Tennessee is ranked as the most hateful state.

Thank goodness we have Fulmer, a guy who knows how to let bygones be bygones as well as give credit where credit is due. Here's what he had to say about Jones quite recently: "Fulmer credited Butch Jones for cleaning up the mess left him by Derek Dooley and elevating Tennessee's recruiting profile, but he believes the Vols needed a coach with a championship pedigree."

Further, Dooley's dad bragged about how his son had suckered UT out of a good sum of money. Butch on the other end has not uttered a single negative word about UT. Well, I guess it's a fact that haters gonna hate.

Reactions: 5 people
Rather see coaches close the deal

With all due respect, since that's the part of the process you'd rather see, then you of all people can appreciate how vital the parts that lead to that part are to the process, like what is being discussed here.

It's exponentially more effective for closing to have recommendations from other players they know, like, and trust than to just come at them with the equivalent of a cold call. It's not an either-or proposition that's mutually exclusive. You can value every phase of the process and all the work that goes into producing better results.

There's literally nothing about the topic of this thread to be negative about, so if you find yourself finding a way to be negative about it, you and you alone are the one responsible for bringing that with you to this discussion. It doesn't contribute anything of value to the program or the discussion.

VN Store

Back