Jahmai Mashak Press Conference

Mashak is such a good dude. Wants to be at TN, despite the mercenary mindset created by NIL. Wants to win. Might be one of my favorite basketball players to ever wear the orange and white.

Wow, what an outstanding young man. Trying to think of a former Tennessee basketball player that he reminds me of. Maybe Gary Carter? Mr. Mashak would probably make a dang good safety on the football team.

Reactions: garyp194
This is a big year for Mashack to get into the NBA. If he can make a jump on the offensive side of the ball I can see him sticking in the league for quite a few years. I think his ability to defend combined with his physical measurements will have him on the draft board somewhere

Reactions: onfocusgovols
In today’s mercenary college sports world, this kind of loyalty becomes even more of a gem. VFLs like this need to be celebrated and the Vol family and fans need to make extra sure that this young man gets any help later in life that he ever needs. We take care of our own

This is a big year for Mashack to get into the NBA. If he can make a jump on the offensive side of the ball I can see him sticking in the league for quite a few years. I think his ability to defend combined with his physical measurements will have him on the draft board somewhere
I Hope you are right. Pro Sports careers are so unpredictable. But I am definitely pulling for him

He is a well spoken and brought up as a outstanding young man. Wish more of the youth today would listen to what he says about sticking it out fight to get there and not the easy way. Role model for all
I wish people didn't frame it this way. If you took a job and you brought some level of success to it and because of that you were offered a second job at twice the pay... I wouldn't think ill of you for leaving to take care of your family.

I wish people didn't frame it this way. If you took a job and you brought some level of success to it and because of that you were offered a second job at twice the pay... I wouldn't think ill of you for leaving to take care of your family.
I see what your saying and I could care less whether Awake or especially Aidoo ever play for UT again. I am saying life, family whatever. Throw basketball out. Too many kids, adults etc. are soft and take the easy way out instead of taking responsibility. He has his head on correct for life, team, friends and aspirations.

Reactions: onfocusgovols
He is the type that would make an outstanding coach, would love to see him as an assistant at Tennessee some day, then who knows, sky is the limit

No reason not to believe he will continue to improve as a shooter. He made great strides from his freshman season. He made some big and timely threes for us this year. His FT % went up too. Freaking gamer
We don’t agree on much but this is one we can. From what I’ve been told, is that he has been really working hard on his game in the gym even more than before. His defense is elite and if he can provide 3-4 turnovers per game, 4-5 rebounds and 10 points….that is a win. Plus, his drive to the basket is very underrated.

VN Store

Back