Jauan Jennings not named as a Biletnikoff Award Semifinalist.

Doesn’t matter. If the reward is supposed to go to the best receiver in the game, it can’t recognize a guy that isn’t even on the radar screen in any statistical category for receivers.
Right, so they'll reward a receiver who may have great stats but because he played against weak competition.

Name one on that list that he should have gotten in over
giphy.gif

JJ would be higher on a Heisman type ballot than Biletnikoff imo. Because of his OVERALL impact on our team. Very good WR, and even better teammate.

Chase and Juedy have been far the best WRs in the nation.
D. Smith is a true deep threat. Ruggs??

I love JJ, but it's still questionable if he's the "best" wr on our own team

Amateur awards are meaningless.

Look at all the NFL HOFers who didn't win the Heisman.

JJ says: "Just show me the money." He'll get it too.

So the 6-7 players in the SEC that are ahead of him in those categories?
Didn't notice them. Just kept seeing a bunch of names from Oklahoma State and a bunch of randoms with a high number of votes. To my knowledge though, JJ had the highest number of votes over-all, SEC and otherwise 🤔 There were some sec wr's with higher votes?

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Of course. We have no one else. If you think he’s a better receiver than say, the Lamb kid
either catching or yards after catch, you aren’t watching much football.
I doubt there are many people that watch more college football than I do. I do have a life but I try and watch as much as possible. Oh and I never mentioned the Lamb kid. I will stick with my original comment. If you think we have no one else, you haven't been watching the VOLS!

Would you consider 56 receptions, 781 yards for a 13.9 avg and 9 touchdowns elite?
Because those are Micheal Thomas’s Jr year stats and I’d say he’s pretty elite and I would take him over Corey Coleman, who was that years Biletnikoff award winner.
Stats don’t always give you the best player.
Should JJ win the Biletnikoff? Probably not.
He is one of the hardest working, toughest SOB’s playing the position and there’s not many I’d take ahead of him!
I have no problem with anyone saying he should be on this list.
GBO!!

Reactions: BlackCreekVol
... There were some sec wr's with higher votes?

I did not look at the voting, I was just pointing out that there are 6-7 SEC WRs that are ahead of him in all of the receiving statistical categories, and they have all played against pretty much the same competition.

I will be first to recognize that his results are subject to his circumstances. But, so are the results of every player. Playing with better teammates makes players better. It's always been that way. Just ask Marvin Harrison. But, you can't make these awards too subjective. Otherwise, they have no credibility.

VN Store

Back