Jay Graham new running backs coach

Eric Gray has the potential to be pretty good but outside of him excluding the freshmen we have not seen our running backs are not really good.

I think they are good enough. We finally, by all appearances have an OL that can block. RBs can't do it all on their own. As I insist for the 2020 season, we will see strange sights as yet unseen. We may not be all the way back, but them boys are going to shake, rattle, and roll.

Damn, I hope Zach Evans signs with UT now that Coach Graham is our RB coach. Maybe Grahman will be that little-extra to push Evans our way....it would be great if Grahman started his coaching career at UT by signing a 5* immediately!!!
It certainly won't hurt! I kinda think this is good sign for Evans coming on board. Pruitt has a seriously legit staff...and think it really matters that Pruitt only hiring coaches he's either worked with, or are associated with UT greatness under Fulmer. Jay and Tee can speak personally to expectations of greatness at UT. I'd guess Jay will pick up NC, SC, VA in recruiting...wonder who will be covering Memphis now?

Reactions: MR_VOL
Honestly this hire makes me about as happy as any hire we've made in a long time. Genuinely ecstatic about Jay coming home.
I think it speaks volumes for coaching community confidence in what Pruitt is doing...ultimately, it's about a Vol legend coming home...but also, maybe a sign that things not great at TaM...if things were great there, he'd have probably stayed.

Eric Gray has the potential to be pretty good but outside of him excluding the freshmen we have not seen our running backs are not really good.
Uhh Ty Chandler is pretty good. If he just runs for 600 this year he will approach top 10 in our programs rushing history. He actually has a real shot at top 10 and he doest even have 325 career carries. Everyone in the top 10 except Jamal Lewis had at least 500+ carries in their career. He is not a goat but if avg 5 yards per carry over 3 yrs it means u are pretty good. U add the qb play since he has been on campus and its even more impressive .

What this tells me...it basically took Jay Graham less than a month to figure out Butxh Jones was a dumpster fire before he even coached a single game.

It’s worse than that. When Butch was hired he replaced every major coach and coordinator on staff with his staff from Cincinnati, except for Graham. Butch gave everyone a massive raise, except for Graham. Graham had connections to UT as a player and had been one of the bright spots of the 2012 season, and now he was the lowest paid coach on Butch’s staff. It was a slap in the face.

No doubt, this program is on the rise finally. Every move has been in the right direction.

Ehh, maybe I’d like to think the Jimmy curse. A lot of reputable coaches are coming to Tennessee without a peep from the fat cats.

Now if we can just get a LB coach or did I miss it?

Well the one stupid f---k is not governor anymore, helps tremendously. His brother is free to keep screwing up the Browns, but maybe now they will stay the F away from the Vols.

Uhh Ty Chandler is pretty good. If he just runs for 600 this year he will approach top 10 in our programs rushing history. He actually has a real shot at top 10 and he doest even have 325 career carries. Everyone in the top 10 except Jamal Lewis had at least 500+ carries in their career. He is not a goat but if avg 5 yards per carry over 3 yrs it means u are pretty good. U add the qb play since he has been on campus and its even more impressive .
For the two years I have watched Chandler I am just not impressed with his ability to make people miss. The only good runs I remember are ones where he had a lane as wide as a truck to run through.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
For the two years I have watched Chandler I am just not impressed with his ability to make people miss. The only good runs I remember are ones where he had a lane as wide as a truck to run through.
Ty Chandler reminds me of Cedric Houston but I think Cedric Houston was the better running back.

Ty Chandler can't break tackles he goes down on first contact every time and it hasn't gotten better.

Knox news has contract info, but behind the pay wall. One of the few I don't subscribe to. Anyone have info on this?

Well the one stupid f---k is not governor anymore, helps tremendously. His brother is free to keep screwing up the Browns, but maybe now they will stay the F away from the Vols.

I hope so since things seem to be going the right direction but I can’t help but wait for the fall.

VN Store

Back