Jaylen McCollough arrested

Just for those "Like me" that don't know every players name and number. I looked it up. To me this is a big loss for us.
His number is "2"
"Veteran starting safety who is one of Tennessee’s defensive leaders … In his fourth straight season as a starter and owns two seasons of remaining eligibility … Teams up with Trevon Flowers to form one of the best 1-2 safety duos in the SEC … Has played in every game since his true freshman season at Tennessee, a total of 40 games ... Started 31 games at safety … Owns 141 total tackles, 10 tackles for loss, two sacks, three interceptions, 12 passes defended and one forced fumble ... Enrolled at Tennessee in the spring of 2019 after a four-star high school career in Georgia."
It sucks since he’s a senior leader, but he’s probably our weakest link on defense tbh. That said his backups probably aren’t any better.

Reactions: AllVols
So far, Coach Heupel hasn't given us any reason to believe he will not handle this in the correct manner.
He has set the bar for his players not only as athletes, but as men and productive members of society.

Unless something further comes out this week, or there is a plea deal struck, I would not expect McCullough to be available for the Bama game.
If it drags out to the Nov. 18th appearance he has a slight chance of seeing the field for Mizzou and Vandy...provided things fall that way and he isn't removed from the team.

We do not know the details of what happened, but a report said that a man was caught after walking into the apartment. When the man acted like he hadn't done anything wrong, faulting McCullough for detaining him, McCullough reacted. Walking into another person's home creates a serious situation, especially a female's home. Accident? Maybe, but I have doubts about the perp's story, the perp being the man who trespassed. So I think we should withhold judgment at this time.

Last edited:
?… You can never use deadly/serious bodily force to defend property…..
This is allowed in Texas per current state law and I never thought about it being different in TN. If someone breaks into my house, they better get the heck out in a hurry before they are carried out.

However, I do not defend chasing (allegedly) someone who no longer poses an immediate threat and has not injured someone or stolen something.

Had almost THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPEN to me.... (dude wasn't drunk when he did it which actually kinda makes it worse)

Know what I didn't do? Beat the ever lovin' **** outta him......

Did this drunk guy accost McCullough? Threaten him in any way?

I learned a lesson I'd been verbally taught before, but you know how it is in life, we all have to learn our lessons the hard way....

"Don't give a thief a chance to be a thief" Lock your doors even if you're home
Yes, he threatened McCollough by invading his home. That is a real threat. Don't expect the victim to read the invader's mind to figure out he didn't mean it. The threat is in the invasion itself.

Dude comes into my home unannounced, I'm gonna take him down. Even if he starts walking away, I'm taking him down because maybe he's going back to his car for a weapon, or waiting for a friend to join him. I have no idea what he's doing, only know he just invaded my home and put my family at risk.

Now, he can absolutely outrun me and get away unscathed. I'm over 60 years old, lol. But if I catch up to him anywhere close to my home, he's going down.

We do not know the details of what happened, but a report said that a man was caught after walking into the apartment. When the man got mouthy like he had not done anything wrong, and McCullough reacted. Walking into another person's home is a serious situation, especially a female's home. Accident? Maybe but I have doubts about the perp's story, the perp being the man who trespassed. So I think we should withhold judgment at this time.
Yeah, I’m waiting for more details to come out before drawing conclusions… It’s my own little anecdotal experience, but my husband travels a lot.. and if I’m home by myself and someone busts up in my house, there is a very distinct possibility that someone will not get beat up, but they will get shot.

39-13-102. Aggravated assault.

(a) A person commits aggravated assault who:
(1) Intentionally or knowingly commits an assault as defined in § 39-13-101and:
(A) Causes serious bodily injury to another; or
(B) Uses or displays a deadly weapon; or
(2) Recklessly commits an assault as defined in § 39-13-101(a)(1), and:
(A) Causes serious bodily injury to another; or
(B) Uses or displays a deadly weapon.
(b) A person commits aggravated assault who, being the parent or custodian of a child or the custodian of an adult, intentionally or knowingly fails or refuses to protect the child or adult from an aggravated assault as defined in subdivision (a)(1) or aggravated child abuse as defined in § 39-15-402.
(c) A person commits aggravated assault who, after having been enjoined or restrained by an order, diversion or probation agreement of a court of competent jurisdiction from in any way causing or attempting to cause bodily injury or in any way committing or attempting to commit an assault against an individual or individuals, intentionally or knowingly attempts to cause or causes bodily injury or commits or attempts to commit an assault against the individual or individuals.

Yes, he threatened McCollough by invading his home. That is a real threat. Don't expect the victim to read the invader's mind to figure out he didn't mean it. The threat is in the invasion.

Dude comes into my home unannounced, I'm gonna take him down. Even if he starts walking away, I'm taking him down because maybe he's going back to his car for a weapon, or waiting for a friend to join him. I have no idea what he's doing, only know he just invaded my home.

Now, he can absolutely outrun me and get away unscathed. I'm over 60 years old, lol. But if I catch up to him anywhere close to my home, he's going down.
Well then you’ll get arrested as well if he’s fleeing/left your property and you injure him.

Reactions: Doberman
This is allowed in Texas per current state law and I never thought about it being different in TN. If someone breaks into my house, they better get the heck out in a hurry before they are carried out.

However, I do not defend chasing (allegedly) someone who no longer poses an immediate threat and has not injured someone or stolen something.
My husband always told me if you let them see the gun you’d better use it, and pull their a$$ in the house if you have to 😂

Oh it happens, it's just handled differently. (inside info. man from here is a well placed peace officer in Tus)
In Bama, the drunk guy gets a visit from someone with a bag full of money and miraculously when he’s sober and tells the police that he’s 100% responsible for what happens, the charges are dropped.

My husband always told me if you let them see the gun you’d better use it, and pull their a$$ in the house if you have to 😂

That isn't even working in most states now with the BLM movement putting political pressure against self defense. In Southern California, they literally just let people rob you rather than fight back.

Best bet, in my opinion, is get a big dog. Crooks will be scared by the barking and you will get sympathy if someone messes with your dog and it kills them.

You think that worries me? I'll get a chance to tell what really happened, and he'll end up being the one looking at a conviction.

You invade another person's home, you're on the hook for what happens next.
Nope - that’s not self defense. You would lose. It’s not even up for debate. If they’ve left your property and fleeing it’s not self defense.

Nope - that’s not self defense. You would lose. It’s not even up for debate. If they’ve left your property and fleeing it’s not self defense.
You misunderstand. Six seconds, 30 feet, he hasn't even gotten off my front sidewalk yet. Heh.

Tennessee is a stand your ground state so if someone kicks your door down and you feel threatened then using deadly force would be justified. When I say “property,” I mean that you cannot kill/seriously injure someone to protect property, i.e., material things.

That isn't even working in most states now with the BLM movement putting political pressure against self defense. In Southern California, they literally just let people rob you rather than fight back.

Best bet, in my opinion, is get a big dog. Crooks will be scared by the barking and you will get sympathy if someone messes with your dog and it kills them.
Yeah, a dog as the sympathy card 😂 I have an attack cat 😂 I don’t care what’s legal or not, and I’m definitely not having a convo about their intentions lolI’m a little five foot tall woman and I’m protecting me and my kids and I’ll deal with the consequences later

Won’t matter. Gun shot in his back? You’re not getting off with self defense.
Dude, you're not even reading what I'm writing. I"m taking him down. I'm putting him on the ground. I wouldn't have time to get to my guns if he walked in unannounced. I'd be rushing at him with nothing more than my fists. But he'd go down.

Where'd you get guns out of anything I said?

According to the report, the guy had gone to retrieve something from his car, was walking back to what he thought was the correct apartment and opened the door. He realized he had walked into wrong apartment, reportedly apologized and walked out. Then McCullough followed him out, confronted him and the guy stated it was a mistake and told McCullough “you don’t have to be a d**k about it” and walked away. He turned around knowing McCullough was following him at which point McCullough punched him and it sent him down the stairs. Supposedly, cops showed up as Jaylen’s girlfriend was trying to help the guy and Jaylen had already left. She called him to come back to the scene and his hand was bandaged and bleeding through. Cops arrested him at that point and he refused to answer their questions. Happened in the middle of the afternoon. SIAP.

Vols' McCollough facing felony assault charges

Dude, you're not even reading what I'm writing. I"m taking him down. I'm putting him on the ground. I wouldn't have time to get to my guns if he walked in unannounced. I'd be rushing at him with nothing more than my fists. But he'd go down.
That’s fine. That’s a bit different than the alleged situation here.

VN Store

Back