Jeff Lebby - OC

Us hiring the UCF AD them him just coincidentally hiring the UCF HC is eye opening. Especially when UCF insiders were mentioning exactly what has happened now over a week ago. If you can’t see the irony then I can’t help you.

Name the “insiders”. Like our insiders I’m sure.

Lebby would be a slam dunk hire and is an obvious option at OC given the background with Heupel.

He would be a massive upgrade on what Chaney produced based on his work at Ole Miss this season.

So ....clearly.....there is no way this actually happens and we end up with a Google coach who was an offensive assistant somewhere.

They went bargain basement with Heupel, they aren't going to spend for his assistants IMO.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if they do.
I just don’t see how he’s an obvious option. Far from it. OM will have probably the best offense in the nation with a potential Heisman candidate in Corral. He calls the plays and is responsible for their offense. He will be a HC in a few years and might be UCF coach. Tell me again why it’s obvious he would come here.

I would’ve offered Matt Campbell a blank check. I know the real world doesn’t work that way necessarily in all situations but this university rakes in insane money, and by hiring a homerun coach you start winning more and winning more means you make your money back and profit. But instead we go get a so called top notch AD just for him to go hire his coach at the place he was the AD before. It’s blasphemy
I guess that is the reason you are not an Athletic Director. It’s amazing how simple you think all of this works.

Reactions: WilcoVolsFan
I guess that is the reason you are not an Athletic Director. It’s amazing how simple you think all of this works.
That’s literally why I said I’m aware this isn’t how the real world works. I am confident however this university has insane money and can outbid Iowa state

You guys act as though we ignored everyone just to hire Heufel. Be realistic for a change. You are at a school, doing well, making good money, respected and admired by most in your community, but you would uproot everything to go to the SEC, to a school with significant NCAA sanctions likely coming, so that you and your family can be ridiculed if you don’t win 10 games a year. The job isn’t attractive right now. Face it. We got told no a lot.

That just isn't true. You've been sold a bill of goods and told you're program isn't what it used to be and there is no evidence it is true. You're program is still what it used to be, its just that the people running the show don't treat it with the respect it deserves.

Is there still a nice huge upgraded football stadium over there? Is there still state of the art nice training facilities over there? SEC and National Championships hanging on wall? Nationally revered and historic legend's names imprinted on our program? You are a fan of one of the best programs in college football historically. Top 10 in ALL TIME wins.

Josh freaking Heupel is a disgraceful hire for a program with our history and tradition. DISGRACE!! Wake up, sheep. RESPECT YOUR DAMN PROGRAM AND DEMAND BETTER!! Or call your friend and obey the AD who is cashing his check and kicking dirt on the fans and the program you cherish. Up to you.

man stfu with this 3rd grade kiddie response. I’ve helped this cheap azz administration and sorry azz athletic department 1000x more than you hv so again miss me with your 🐂💩
Your criticizing the response as childish with the age old classic playground response of “mine is bigger than yours” while using a crap emoji. I seriously hope the irony is not lost on you.

Last edited:
Reactions: vfl08
Truth. I don't really think we tried for anyone. I think the admin is selling a false narrative to the media and fans, who are lapping it up like catnip, while they make another lazy low budget hire and continue cashing the SEC checks. "Guys, we just aren't the program we used to be. This is the best we could do under the circumstances...baaah baaaah...poor pitiful me". So stupid. The admin doesn't give a rip about football, they want to cash those high dollar SEC checks and move on.

Again, your narrative is not supported by the known facts.

That just isn't true. You've been sold a bill of goods and told you're program isn't what it used to be and there is no evidence it is true. You're program is still what it used to be, its just that the people running the show don't treat it with the respect it deserves.

Is there still a nice huge upgraded football stadium over there? Is there still state of the art nice training facilities over there? SEC and National Championships hanging on wall? Nationally revered and historic legend's names imprinted on our program? You are a fan of one of the best programs in college football historically. Top 10 in ALL TIME wins.

Josh freaking Heupel is a disgraceful hire for a program with our history and tradition. DISGRACE!! Wake up, sheep. RESPECT YOUR DAMN PROGRAM AND DEMAND BETTER!! Or call your friend and obey the AD who is cashing his check and kicking dirt on the fans and the program you cherish. Up to you.
The fans defending this hire are exactly why our athletic department keeps doing it. Our Athletic department keeps feeding us the same crap repeatedly and our fans keep buying it.

Reactions: DuckRiverVol
I just don’t see how he’s an obvious option. Far from it. OM will have probably the best offense in the nation with a potential Heisman candidate in Corral. He calls the plays and is responsible for their offense. He will be a HC in a few years and might be UCF coach. Tell me again why it’s obvious he would come here.

Im not remotely saying it is obvious he should come here.

It is obvious he should be their number 1 target however. You obviously didn't read 2/3 of my post.

That’s literally why I said I’m aware this isn’t how the real world works. I am confident however this university has insane money and can outbid Iowa state
Not if the guy is looking for a better job in the next two (2) years. Holding out until the big one comes. You understand he may have a plan for his own career that doesn’t require consulting you.

Not if the guy is looking for a better job in the next two (2) years. Holding out until the big one comes. You understand he may have a plan for his own career that doesn’t require consulting you.
Tennessee is a sleeping giant. It’s like most of you have forgotten what we used to be. We have top 5 facilities, huge recruiting budget, an incredible football stadium, literally everything you need except a big time coach. So we can be “the big one” if we hired the right guy. But we continue to shoot our selves in the foot. You’ll see.

Im not remotely saying it is obvious he should come here.

It is obvious he should be their number 1 target however. You obviously didn't read 2/3 of my post.
I actually would have made him priority number one if UT was going the coordinator route. He’s going to be a good one. I have family that are OM people and they are almost more scared of losing him than Kiffin. I get what you’re saying though.

Never a keyboard warrior, I’m a warrior in real life. Ask around if you like mediocrity fine I don’t which is why both of my companies flourish bountifullly. On Feb 3 I will eat good and sleep really well knowing that the kids are going to stable situations. Meanwhile 4 or so are sitting in Knoxville with idiots running the school who tell on themselves and look like idiots in a press conference. Then fake a coaching search to hire midmajor mediocre
Mediocre looks pretty damn good when you were 3-7 this year with a coach who had to cheat to get that.

Tennessee is a sleeping giant. It’s like most of you have forgotten what we used to be. We have top 5 facilities, huge recruiting budget, an incredible football stadium, literally everything you need except a big time coach. So we can be “the big one” if we hired the right guy. But we continue to shoot our selves in the foot. You’ll see.
I am a realist. We just went 3-7, fires a coach in the middle of a pandemic, have an ongoing NCAA investigation, and play Alabama every year. There are much easier routes to the playoffs right now than Knoxville. Not saying it can’t happen. I think it can and will, but it’s not a job for someone that is getting paid handsomely and can pick his future job. You should start understanding this. You may be less angry when you do.

Reactions: kcvols1
The few people at the top, who know the truth, are the only ones releasing the "known facts". Are you this naive? Do you not know how the world works?

So you get to make up facts you don’t know?

I am a realist. We just went 3-7, fires a coach in the middle of a pandemic, have an ongoing NCAA investigation, and play Alabama every year. There are much easier routes to the playoffs right now than Knoxville. Not saying it can’t happen. I think it can and will, but it’s not a job for someone that is getting paid handsomely and can pick his future job. You should start understanding this. You may be less angry when you do.

YAASS.

Reality can suck sometimes, but as our motto says, “You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free!”

So you get to make up facts you don’t know?

No, what I said is a fact. There are only a few people who know the truth of how this search went down. Those are the same people who get to create the narrative via selective leaks to boosters and media who then trickle it into your ear.

Reactions: DuckRiverVol
The few people at the top, who know the truth, are the only ones releasing the "known facts". Are you this naive? Do you not know how the world works?

Also, most of the naïveté I had died while living in New Orleans.

The rest died when I worked in the criminal justice system.

Reactions: VolsSince78
Seems like he’s the obvious best choice for the OC position considering his success with Coach Heupel.

What are you guys’ thoughts? Can we lure him away from OM considering the raise he just received?

It does make sense, given their history. But I also think Lebby’s value was in large part accrued from working under Heupel. Since Heupel is the play caller, he can probably just hire another protege, train him up the way he did Lebby, and get him cheaper. Also, Lebby’s next job may be Head Coach, so he may not wanna move until he gets that offer.

Reactions: mercuryvol

Past 3 ADs and 3 coaching hires prior to heupel has us in the position we are in now. Based off state of this program it's a good hire for now

Reactions: kcvols1
No, what I said is a fact. There are only a few people who know the truth of how this search went down. Those are the same people who get to create the narrative via selective leaks to boosters and media who then trickle it into your ear.

I think you give discreet groups of people too much credit for being able to keep secrets in operations involving dozens, nay, hundreds of people.

I’m guessing that’s a theme with you?

This is how criminal conspiracies fall apart all the time.

VN Store

Back