Joe Milton to Patriots

I listened to one of the ATL staff on the reason they got Penix and it was understandable.
Said they don't plan on being in the position to be picking this high again, felt they were built to run into the playoffs and if a franchise QB is there, you get him and let him learn under a good Vet
Cousins probably wasn't happy but I say dude you got $90mil guaranteed, go play ball
Problem with that line of thought, is that Falcons are not a playoff team. Their defense is pretty bad.

Two thoughts:

- We have some real A-Hole posters bashing a kid that gave his all for Tennessee
- The lack of Vols in this draft shows the team and staff overachieved with 9 wins last year.
The lack of Vols getting drafted could be due to a mediocre QB who wasn't good enough to help spotlight his fellow teammates this past season.

Everyone that's ever watched Joe is well aware that all the aspects of an elite QB do not necessarily click for him, but he is certainly overflowing with raw talent. I think that works against him at times. Everyone expects so much from a guy that looks like that and has an absolute rocket for an arm.

That being said I've never not rooted for the guy. He has shown high character, and has always been proud to be a Tennessee Vol.

Wishing Joe a lengthy career of chasing his dreams. He's definitely worked hard and earned it.

I'm trying to think which game was used to highlight Joe's career at Tenn to the NFL ? On X ( formerly known as Twitter ) they are showing him passing against Florida, Georgia, both games we lost. Maybe the Clemson bowl game ?

The lack of Vols getting drafted could be due to a mediocre QB who wasn't good enough to help spotlight his fellow teammates this past season.
Get out of here with this garbage. Joe was the QB so the QB gets the blame but he wasn't the only reason for this past season and quite honestly I remember when people would've been happy we were 8-4(9-4)

I'm a Redskins fan, I'm aware lololol
Yup. Lived through the Shuler/Frerotte thing. I think Norv Turner got buyers remorse right after he drafted Shuler. Because he favored Frerotte pretty quickly. Local media slurped all over Frerotte as well. Funniest part of the whole thing was Kornheiser nicknaming him “Baby Heath”.

Reactions: YankeeVol
Total 🐑 pick by Mayo and of course they all will think they can fix him just like every other coach up till now. He will wow everyone in OTA’s, camp, off field, etc then we know what happens….

I am happy for him and if he can make a six year career of it, that’s awesome!

The best thing is he is and will be a HUGE and great ambassador for VolNation!!!
Not so sure. NFL receivers can actually catch hard passes. Ours could not. Nothing worse for a QB's confidence than dropped passes.

Reactions: stewart6600
It’s not a great situation for him as they are pretty terrible at every offensive skill position. There are plenty of reasons that Belichick didn’t get a job with another team, and his insistence on having a say on all personnel decisions is at the top of the list. I hope Joe has a successful career and good luck to the young man.

Patriots could use him in a Taysom Hill show of roll. Would be a good fit for that. He’s shown at times how he can lower his shoulder and be tough to take down, he’s fast, and he could easily fake a run a throw. Great pick for them

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I hope he gets in the right system/coaching staff that can help him continue to develop. Joe is insanely talented. If it ends up clicking for him he’s going to be great. Even if that doesn’t happen I hope he has a long and lucrative career as a backup! I know I’d love to have that gig.

I hope he gets in the right system/coaching staff that can help him continue to develop. Joe is insanely talented. If it ends up clicking for him he’s going to be great. Even if that doesn’t happen I hope he has a long and lucrative career as a backup! I know I’d love to have that gig.
dude earned his stripes.

This was the best landing spot for Joe. When I would research “Joe Milton” prior to the draft…. the most articles related to him were always on the Patriots wire. They like him and think they can develop him. Good for him. Let’s hope for the best. True VFL. When I stormed the field after the Bama victory with Hooker— my 10 year old son and I ran into Joe in the opposite end zone of the winning field goal. Joe hugged us both and then lifted up my 10 yr old son to touch the goal post. Lifetime memories for both of us and especially my son since it was his first Vols game.
Good luck Joe!!

VN Store

Back