Johnathan Kongbo rti interview

Winners could give a rat's xxx what their opposition thinks. Losers stay up at night wringing their hands hoping their adversaries take it easy on them. Can we as a VN fan base not grow a pair?? For goodness sakes some of ya'll need testosterone cream, head to the RX store!
I just don't think its a good idea to be giving the team that has dominated us for over a decade more motivation to beat us again. Don't get me wrong, I love the confidence! I would just prefer if the players quit talking trash on social networking sites and let their play on the field do the talking.

I just don't think its a good idea to be giving the team that has dominated us for over a decade more motivation to beat us again. Don't get me wrong, I love the confidence! I would just prefer if the players quit talking trash on social networking sites and let their play on the field do the talking.

I agree. We should hope all the teams on our schedule just forget to play us completely and we show up to the playoff due to 12 straight forfeits.

I like that a lot better than having a team of extremely talented and confident players.

I like to see both. Confidence on and off the field.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree. We should hope all the teams on our schedule just forget to play us completely and we show up to the playoff due to 12 straight forfeits.

I like that a lot better than having a team of extremely talented and confident players.

WTH? How do you jump from what I said to that? All i'm saying is don't give our biggest rivals extra motivation and bulletin board material. I hope you realize that one can be confident without being arrogant. There's a big difference between saying "I believe we will end the streak this year" and "The streak will end this year" and laughing at Florida.
I'm confident in this team and have high expectations. Heck, i'm glad that they are confident! However, if I had my way they would be a quietly confident team that lets their play on the field do the talking. It's better to be under the radar and an underdog than a media darling with a target on your back.

WTH? How do you jump from what I said to that? All i'm saying is don't give our biggest rivals extra motivation and bulletin board material. I hope you realize that one can be confident without being arrogant. There's a big difference between saying "I believe we will end the streak this year" and "The streak will end this year" and laughing at Florida.
I'm confident in this team and have high expectations. Heck, i'm glad that they are confident! However, if I had my way they would be a quietly confident team that lets their play on the field do the talking. It's better to be under the radar and an underdog than a media darling with a target on your back.

Alabams, OSU and Notre Dame, just to name a few, would probably disagree with you.

All I know is Bama better lookout next year. We're coming for them.

Kongbo:)

We gonna have a sick DLine:
KMac, KingTut, OBrien, Picou

Barnett, K Phillips, T Lewis, Kongbo, C Vereen, Taylor

Vickers, Mixon.

Maybe Butcher if healthy.

We have some serious depth now.:)

And some great LBs backing them up and a talented group of DBs.

All I know is Bama better lookout next year. We're coming for them.

Kongbo:)

We gonna have a sick DLine:
KMac, KingTut, OBrien, Picou

Barnett, K Phillips, T Lewis, Kongbo, C Vereen, Taylor

Vickers, Mixon.

Maybe Butcher if healthy.

We have some serious depth now.:)

And some great LBs backing them up and a talented group of DBs.

Agreed! This is the most talented defense we've had in a long time. Maybe since the nineties. If they play as pissed off as yet should, they should shut a lot of teams down.

Reactions: 1 person
For those saying the players should just stay quiet, keep in mind that our players didn't start it. Jalen Tabor and Lane Kiffin fired the first shots, so we're just responding honestly and in kind. Our roster is too stacked and experienced now to hide behind excuses or remain silent when we're challenged publicly. Our coaches and players know we've got the best team in the SEC, so it's time we fans start embracing that.

why stoop down to there level ?:hi:

Sort of reminds me of how we were all laughing at Vandy for talking smack a few years back. As we had owned them for longer than Bama has owned us, until they actually won a game their talk appeared foolish. I'd guess Bama is taking Kongbo's smack talk about the same way.

Sort of reminds me of how we were all laughing at Vandy for talking smack a few years back. As we had owned them for longer than Bama has owned us, until they actually won a game their talk appeared foolish. I'd guess Bama is taking Kongbo's smack talk about the same way.

Bama fans last year were happy to get the W. They still did their yellow hammer cheer, but folks were walking by saying "we won the game and that's about it". They dodged a bullet last year and they know what is coming this year..... a loss to the Vols. Some will get quite others will talk more while they can, but I believe what Kongbo said.

Jump higher Vols.

I have mixed emotions about Kongbo publicly talking like he has been. I like the confidence because confidence is important. But, when confidence becomes arrogance, there can be a problem if it interferes with preparation. And, even if it is just confidence or arrogance paired with preparation, it may be imprudent to talk trash about UF and Bama when they have owned us and they don't need any reason to take a special shine to our game. And, most importantly, Kongbo hasn't played a single snap of man football in the SEC, game or practice. I have every expectation that Kongbo is going to be a player--a high level player at that--but he is going to have to show he can beat/dominate our OL in practice first and then he's going to have to show he can beat/dominate VT/UF/UGA/A&M/Bama, etc., OL. He's just talking a lot for someone who hasn't even had a SEC level practice yet.

I have mixed emotions about Kongbo publicly talking like he has been. I like the confidence because confidence is important. But, when confidence becomes arrogance, there can be a problem if it interferes with preparation. And, even if it is just confidence or arrogance paired with preparation, it may be imprudent to talk trash about UF and Bama when they have owned us and they don't need any reason to take a special shine to our game. And, most importantly, Kongbo hasn't played a single snap of man football in the SEC, game or practice. I have every expectation that Kongbo is going to be a player--a high level player at that--but he is going to have to show he can beat/dominate our OL in practice first and then he's going to have to show he can beat/dominate VT/UF/UGA/A&M/Bama, etc., OL. He's just talking a lot for someone who hasn't even had a SEC level practice yet.

Why? U scared?

I'm personally glad to hear the trash talk. It shows out guys ain't scared. I remember last year someone on the team I think Kerbyson said something about the 2013 team being intimidated by Alabama heading into Tuscaloosa and that they never expected to win. They were trying to avoid embarrassment. He said the 2015 team was different because they went there expecting to win.

I like what Kongbo is saying.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back